BOND #7

Discussion Of Possible Bond Actors
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Re: BOND #7

Post by Veronica »

tbp82 wrote:
Veronica wrote:
tbp82 wrote:
Veronica wrote:To me,even without the moustache Huston looks like he was born to play villains. Charming villains for sure,but still villains not leading man heroes. That's not a bad thing at all,very often villains are the ones that make a movie memorable but because of this I just can't see him as Bond.[/quote]

Until you see him as Bond :lol:
Perhaps...still Turner is still at the top along with the unbelieveably charming Ellis. Cavill would follow.
All three great choices but maybe Im blind or just being a typical guy but I don't see much difference in terms of looks between Ellis and Huston and I think Huston is a better actor or at least a more versatile actor.
The big difference for me is that Huston has a way more sinister look(yes,even without the moustache) and that makes all the difference for me. As for the acting talent,I can't really comment since I've only seen him in his really small role in Hail,Caesar! That being said,in that minute he really seemed to know an exact way how to play the part. So I have to give him points for that.
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

Veronica wrote:
tbp82 wrote:
Veronica wrote:
tbp82 wrote:
Veronica wrote:To me,even without the moustache Huston looks like he was born to play villains. Charming villains for sure,but still villains not leading man heroes. That's not a bad thing at all,very often villains are the ones that make a movie memorable but because of this I just can't see him as Bond.[/quote]

Until you see him as Bond :lol:
Perhaps...still Turner is still at the top along with the unbelieveably charming Ellis. Cavill would follow.
All three great choices but maybe Im blind or just being a typical guy but I don't see much difference in terms of looks between Ellis and Huston and I think Huston is a better actor or at least a more versatile actor.
The big difference for me is that Huston has a way more sinister look(yes,even without the moustache) and that makes all the difference for me. As for the acting talent,I can't really comment since I've only seen him in his really small role in Hail,Caesar! That being said,in that minute he really seemed to know an exact way how to play the part. So I have to give him points for that.

You may be on to something with The Sinister part considering that he was at one time cast as The Crow. The Crow character is a dark brooding character. So there is something sinister/dark that others have seen in him as well. But, he's also played the hopeless romantic in The Longest Ride and The Hero type in Ben Hur...I like his versatility one of the main reasons he's growing on me.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

He has that villain look from 40's and 50's movies down to a T. He reminds me of Charles Boyer(who played a fantastic villain in Gaslight) in a way. Now when I think of it Huston would be a perfect fit for that exact kind of role.
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

Veronica wrote:He has that villain look from 40's and 50's movies down to a T. He reminds me of Charles Boyer(who played a fantastic villain in Gaslight) in a way. Now when I think of it Huston would be a perfect fit for that exact kind of role.
https://movieclassics.files.wordpress.c ... ight-2.jpg

No doubt he looks like Huston here but I see Bond to this convincing me even more of him as Bond.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

tbp82 wrote:
Veronica wrote:He has that villain look from 40's and 50's movies down to a T. He reminds me of Charles Boyer(who played a fantastic villain in Gaslight) in a way. Now when I think of it Huston would be a perfect fit for that exact kind of role.

No doubt he looks like Huston here but I see Bond to this convincing me even more of him as Bond.
Eh,I am still not on board. But Huston playing a villain who is a mirror image of Bond(although we've seen it already)? I would be on board with that.
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

Veronica wrote:
tbp82 wrote:

Eh,I am still not on board. But Huston playing a villain who is a mirror image of Bond(although we've seen it already)? I would be on board with that.
Turner is still my first choice but as I stated Huston is growing on me. Turner as Bond and Huston as the villian Id go with that or vice versa
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

The sad reality is with Barbara in charge who the hell knows what will happen next... we can only hope for the best.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I hope they get somebody new just because the terms being talked about for Craig's return are ridiculous. I remember when they said Brosnan wanted ridiculous money and he didn't they said Craig would keep production cost down and they spent the same as dad, breaking record for spending with the last two movies. After 10 years of Craig A fresh face and new ideas would be welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

Omega wrote:I hope they get somebody new just because the terms being talked about for Craig's return are ridiculous. I remember when they said Brosnan wanted ridiculous money and he didn't they said Craig would keep production cost down and they spent the same as dad, breaking record for spending with the last two movies. After 10 years of Craig A fresh face and new ideas would be welcome

Yeap no need to give in to his ridicolous demands
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

tbp82 wrote:
Omega wrote:I hope they get somebody new just because the terms being talked about for Craig's return are ridiculous. I remember when they said Brosnan wanted ridiculous money and he didn't they said Craig would keep production cost down and they spent the same as dad, breaking record for spending with the last two movies. After 10 years of Craig A fresh face and new ideas would be welcome

The Craig fans were attacking Brosnan for asking for too much money when Craig was cast. Now Craig asks for $40 million a movie.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:
tbp82 wrote:

The Craig fans were attacking Brosnan for asking for too much money when Craig was cast. Now Craig asks for $40 million a movie.
Craig also quickly mad a lot more demands as soon as CR was a hit, before they even talked about QOS he got a pay hike, let's face it he deserved it too, at the time of cr he was star of a half a billion gross bo movie getting paid maybe a million, after skyfall the money involved went nuts.
No way any actor is worth more than 10 million a movie any more to come out of profits and goals being met. 40 million for showing up is crazy plus the side deals they get him where he looks like a melting wax dummy.

Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

I wonder,what kind of person wouldn't fire Craig right away considering his other...requirements? I really didn't think he would be back after all of this...
He is pushing 50 the same age Brosnan was when Craig fans were going on about how he is too old for the role.
Just...NO.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Well he said he's doing one more is he told the truth on Colbert

tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

Omega wrote:Well he said he's doing one more is he told the truth on Colbert

Yeah saw that. Hopefully if things dont break down by the time filming starts (its happened before) that this is his last one and they get on with a new Bond in a stand alone story sooner rather than later no need to wait for years give us Craig's finale in 19 and a new Bond movie in 2021
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

At this point the best case scenario would be that Craig backs off before shooting starts...even though that's just me wishing.
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

Veronica wrote:At this point the best case scenario would be that Craig backs off before shooting starts...even though that's just me wishing.
It happens with movies all the time.
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

Hate that this thread is so quiet jut because Craig is back for at least one more Bond. I hope this thread continues because there are potential Bonds out there.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

tbp82 wrote:Hate that this thread is so quiet jut because Craig is back for at least one more Bond. I hope this thread continues because there are potential Bonds out there.
Based on this madness, the only potential Bonds are freaks & weirdos and other non-traditional type Bonds.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

BOND #7

Post by Omega »

tbp82 wrote:Hate that this thread is so quiet jut because Craig is back for at least one more Bond. I hope this thread continues because there are potential Bonds out there.
Craig already had the job so I'm not surprised he's back, i think eon misjudged public expectations big time. It was the right time for a new bond and they recycle Craig who was tired of the role 11 years ago.
Eon ought to be looking for the next bond now to roll out the next movie on time hell they could film both at the same time Craig's final and the new reboot so I'm fine with keeping talking about who the new bond could be

tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

Omega wrote:
Craig already had the job so I'm not surprised he's back, i think eon misjudged public expectations big time. It was the right time for a new bond and they recycle Craig who was tired of the role 11 years ago.
Eon ought to be looking for the next bond now to roll out the next movie on time hell they could film both at the same time Craig's final and the new reboot so I'm fine with keeping talking about who the new bond could be

That's my hope to that they roll out the new Bond quickly after Craig.