BOND #7

Discussion Of Possible Bond Actors
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Re: BOND #7

Post by Veronica »

tbp82 wrote:Veronica what are your thoughts on Jack Huston?
Not really familiar with him. Doesn't look bad with a bondin haircut and a tux. But I do have to agree with the notion that otherwise he looks like a latino playboy. He woudn't be that bad of a choice but not great either. Also,there is just something about him that I don't like and yet I can't quite put my finger on what that would be. Some kind of vibe he gives away I guess.
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

I agree with you about Hudson and the Bondian haircut but hes like Craig in a sense that he would have to workout hard to maintain his look.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

tbp82 wrote:I agree with you about Hudson and the Bondian haircut but hes like Craig in a sense that he would have to workout hard to maintain his look.
When groomed he does resemble Bond but otherwise not so much.
Ever since I've seen And Then There Were None Turner is an obvious choice for me. He simply oozed Bond especially in a scene where he wears a tux. I could almost hear Bond theme in the background :007:
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

I really enjoyed And Then There Was None. It is what pushed Aidan Turner to the current #1 spot. Imagine Tom Cullen in Aidan's role there? I can see it.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

tbp82 wrote:I really enjoyed And Then There Was None. It is what pushed Aidan Turner to the current #1 spot. Imagine Tom Cullen in Aidan's role there? I can see it.
I can see it too actually.
But Turner was just perfection. That was one of those casting choices that are so good you don't want anyone else in the role although you can see some other actors would be fine choices as well.
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

Thoughts on James Norton as a potential Bond? Not my first choice but....
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

tbp82 wrote:I like Ellis to he no doubt looks the part. His role on Lucifer does bring some Bondian qualities. Another guy Ima throw out there is Dan Stevens anyone who watches the guest should see Bond potential there. Oliver Jackson Cohen and Aaraon Taylor Johnson are starting to look the part as well.
I like Ellis from lucifer, can't help but watch and think this guy is a better choice than Craig as is just about any British male who breaths oxygen.

Over Just one program ellis will play a huge range with the underlying feeling the whole time he really wants to beat the hell out of someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

Omega.....Do you have a current top 5 or so for your Bond #7 wishlist?
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

tbp82 wrote:Omega.....Do you have a current top 5 or so for your Bond #7 wishlist?
not a top 5, but Turner is at the top of my list I'd have to think about where to rank the other contenders.

Loki actor I don't really see as bond but might pull it off. Just about any actor I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt if they half way look the part
Idris Elba s a awesome actor I don't see as bond, he would be a great M. So would Jason Isaacs.
Michael Fassbender, I like a lot don't see him as bond although he might pull it off. He's what Craig wants to believe he is although Craig is not capable of the same level of acting or talent.

I used to think Sam worthington would be a good choice but I've changed my mind, he's as bad as Craig in some ways.
Henry Cavill would have be a great choice in 2005, he's super man now. I don't see him taking on Bond right now.

Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

tbp82 wrote:Thoughts on James Norton as a potential Bond? Not my first choice but....
Definitely not. I just don't see it in him at all.
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

"Somewhat looks the part" Omega whats YOUR criteria ffor looking the part?
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

tbp82 wrote:"Somewhat looks the part" Omega whats YOUR criteria ffor looking the part?
it's not a high standard at all, I'd love for a someone like a young Timothy Dalton to get the role however Babs is running the show. With this fact I accept she could hire almost any body.

Hiddelston is not someone who I see as bond material but if he got the role he might do an acceptable job, basically I accept cubbys bond is dead, Connery, lazenby, Moore, Dalton and Brosnan were cut a certain cloth that made bond special. Babs I don't expect will choose a actor cubby would approve of. My expectations are low. She could do worse than Craig if you can believe it. And just about anybody would be an improvement.

tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

Omega a young Timothy Dalton.....so slim build....dark hair?....rugged manly lookb as opposed to pretty boy?
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

tbp82 wrote:Omega a young Timothy Dalton.....so slim build....dark hair?....rugged manly lookb as opposed to pretty boy?
sort of. actors like Jason isaacs have a Dalton kind of look. I like Turner too I could see him in s Dalton light but babs has got to like him too.
Far as pretty boy I'm not sure how to define it, I don't think Brosnan was although he's accused of it often by haters.
Babs thinks Craig is a pretty boy none of the women I know seem to like the guy so I'm just not sure how to define it. Sex symbol status has changed so much in recent years.

If the new actor whenever we get one is close to being what Ian Fleming describe bond as, tall, traditionally handsome like Dalton or Connery, with a personality that if fun to watch and not too hung up in himself and how miserable he is getting paid to be in a movie with beautiful women and cool cars and cool locations I'll be happy even if he's not perfect.

tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

Jason Isaccs look a lot like Dalton. I think Rupert Friend is in the same mold.
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

https://www.google.com/search?q=jack+hu ... GyYjzVGV6M:

Huston with a Bondian look here I think.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

tbp82 wrote:https://www.google.com/search?q=jack+hu ... GyYjzVGV6M:

Huston with a Bondian look here I think.
Eh,he just gives me that "I'm the bad guy vibe" on every single photo.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

BOND #7

Post by Omega »

I haven't seen any of his TV movie career. On paper he looks qualified for Bond.
Only thing to me in some of his photos he looks babyface-ish. Those could be old pics too

tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

I dont get a bad guy vibe from Huston. As far as being "babyish" he does have a sort of young look. But with the right haircut and cloths etc....he can look the part I think. Hes not my first or second choice but hes growing on me.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

BOND #7

Post by Omega »

I admit I have to seen his work a bad photo or old photo could make the wrong impression.

On the surface I don't care for him but it is based on nothing , I'm pretty much open to whoever as long as it is closer to classic bond than Craig and Bourne.

But I have to add even right looks might not save the new Bond, Ben Affleck looks like bruce Wayne but imo is awful as Batman/Wayne. Some of it is Zack Snyder's D.C. Universe sucks but a cool Batman is not that hard to do, freaking Michael Keaton got away with it .