James D'Arcy.

Discussion Of Possible Bond Actors
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

James D'Arcy.

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

My choice to replace James Purefoy as Bond. :D James D'Arcy b.1975...

And here's a pic of D'Arcy in Age Of Heroes playing some fella called.... oh what was his name.... ah, that's it.... Ian Fleming:

I have not seen the film yet, and I don't know about anyone else, but that pic of D'Arcy as Fleming just screams Bond to me.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Re: James D'Arcy.

Post by The Saint 007 »

He could possibly be a good choice to play Bond. Of course, there is that little problem concerning Barbara's crazy infatuation with Craig..... :x
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Could be a good choice. I'd have to watch Age of Heroes to form an opinion.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

I've seen him in a few films, and I think he could do it. :martini:

He stands at 6'3". That alone should be a foot (or 6 :wink: ) in the door.
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Post by ml94 »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:My choice to replace James Purefoy as Bond. :D James D'Arcy b.1975...

And here's a pic of D'Arcy in Age Of Heroes playing some fella called.... oh what was his name.... ah, that's it.... Ian Fleming:

I have not seen the film yet, and I don't know about anyone else, but that pic of D'Arcy as Fleming just screams Bond to me.
Too old now, but 10 years ago... :up: :up:
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O

At the current rate of 1 Bond every 3 years, and depending on when Broccoli let's Craig go, then yes. But if the role were vacant now, and the films were released every 2 years, D'Arcy would be the right age to start. During his 4th film, he would be only 46. That would leave the possibility for a final 5th film.
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Post by ml94 »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:At the current rate of 1 Bond every 3 years, and depending on when Broccoli let's Craig go, then yes. But if the role were vacant now, and the films were released every 2 years, D'Arcy would be the right age to start. During his 4th film, he would be only 46. That would leave the possibility for a final 5th film.
Yeah, he is right age to start... :007: