Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Re: Michael Fassbender

Post by carl stromberg »

It's strange that Daniel Craig was not a popular choice with fans when he was cast, although many of those same people who campaigned against his casting then suddenly became his biggest fans.
Bring back Bond!
katied

Post by katied »

carl stromberg wrote:It's strange that Daniel Craig was not a popular choice with fans when he was cast, although many of those same people who campaigned against his casting then suddenly became his biggest fans.
I was neither here nor there with him before-hell,even with the internet I was only vaguely aware of him(honest!),became a big fan, but lost interest.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

carl stromberg wrote:It's strange that Daniel Craig was not a popular choice with fans when he was cast, although many of those same people who campaigned against his casting then suddenly became his biggest fans.
Quite a shift indeed. Craig's got it.
Roger Devereau
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger

Post by Roger Devereau »

Is Fassbender being considered by Eon productions, or is he just a fan favourite? I'm undecided on his suitability.
'She looked sharply up at him. 'And who might you be?'

'My name's Bond, James Bond'.
katied

Post by katied »

Roger Devereau wrote:Is Fassbender being considered by Eon productions, or is he just a fan favourite? I'm undecided on his suitability.

He's most definitely a fan favorite. He seems to be the chosen one-for fans anyways- as far as Bond # 7 goes. The fan(boy) websites won't really hear of anyone else. :?
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

Roger Devereau wrote:Is Fassbender being considered by Eon productions, or is he just a fan favourite? I'm undecided on his suitability.
Check out the new X-Men Origins trailer. On the evidence of that Fassbender might not be a bad shout.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

James wrote:
Check out the new X-Men Origins trailer. On the evidence of that Fassbender might not be a bad shout.
Hell NO! He doesn't look like Bond AT ALL. And he doesn't even know what the words "style, wit, elegance, charm" mean. I am completely and absolutely opposed to this one. And yeah, he's just a CRAIG FANBOY favorite. :lol: Not a fan favorite in general, a Craig fanboy favorite, different thing. Because he's got the same horribly lacking in style and handsomeness looks. Seriously?
"Are we on coms?"
katied

Post by katied »

Hell NO! He doesn't look like Bond AT ALL. And he doesn't even know what the words "style, wit, elegance, charm" mean. I am completely and absolutely opposed to this one. And yeah, he's just a CRAIG FANBOY favorite. :lol: Not a fan favorite in general, a Craig fanboy favorite, different thing. Because he's got the same horribly lacking in style and handsomeness looks. Seriously?
This. And it is SO true about him being a Craig fanboy favorite, it's not even funny. :down:
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

Ale wrote:
James wrote:
Alessandra, after five years of Daniel Craig I think any other actor seems like Ronald Colman to me now!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

James wrote:
Alessandra, after five years of Daniel Craig I think any other actor seems like Ronald Colman to me now!
That's not fair. Daniel Craig looks just like Ronald Colman. As he is now.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I just wish he hadn't invented mustard.
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Kristatos wrote:
James wrote:
That's not fair. Daniel Craig looks just like Ronald Colman. As he is now.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You guys crack me up.

Best news of the day? Fassbender is one of the frontrunners to replace Matt Damon in the 4th Bourne movie. And he's definitely one of the top three. WHICH by the way, proves exactly my point! He's perfect for Bourne. An unstylish, unrefined, generic killer dude. I am soooo rooting for him :lol: Go be Bourne, Fassbender, thank you so much! Great for your career and the fanboys will have to shut up. Two birds with one stone! :mrgreen:
I just wish he hadn't invented mustard.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Are we on coms?"
katied

Post by katied »

Ugh there's a big article about F*s*b*n*e* in this week's Entertainment Weekly calling him "Your New Obsession". *puke*. :roll:
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

[quote="Ale"]
You guys crack me up.

Best news of the day? Fassbender is one of the frontrunners to replace Matt Damon in the 4th Bourne movie. And he's definitely one of the top three. WHICH by the way, proves exactly my point! He's perfect for Bourne. An unstylish, unrefined, generic killer dude. I am soooo rooting for him :lol: Go be Bourne, Fassbender, thank you so much! Great for your career and the fanboys will have to shut up. Two birds with one stone! :mrgreen:

Eon and babs: quick bourne's decided to be even grittier, quick get daniel craig to put some stones in his mouth....that's true grit :roll: .

Sorry don't know what I'm saying.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

shaken not stirred wrote:
Ale wrote: You guys crack me up.

Eon and babs: quick bourne's decided to be even grittier, quick get daniel craig to put some stones in his mouth....that's true grit :roll: .

Sorry don't know what I'm saying.
The Bourne role could be a test run for Fassbinder as Bond.

What's happening with the next Bourne? Is the Bourne a new person who is a similar agent to Bourne, or is another actor playing Bourne?
Bring back Bond!
katied

Post by katied »

Or maybe, as has been suggested with Bond, there is more than one James Bond? Monkey see, money do, anyone? :twisted:
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

I think the next one is supposed to feature an agent like Bourne but not Matt Damon's character.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

deleted
Last edited by stockslivevan on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
katied

Post by katied »

Fassbender will never be Bond.That is all. :?
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

katied wrote:Fassbender will never be Bond.That is all. :?
Perhaps not, but he makes a good candidate. Hence the Alternatives section.

If you have nothing else to contribute besides saying "he won't be Bond", don't bother posting. I'm not constantly posting in Cavill's thread on why I think he wouldn't be suitable over and over. Live and let live.