Michael Fassbender

Discussion Of Possible Bond Actors
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Re: Michael Fassbender

Post by stockslivevan »

So does that make Sean Connery a bad choice? He was balding when hired for Dr. No.
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

Fassbender seems to be becoming a popular choice on Cbn the last time I looked and someone pointed out the Bond casting director Debbie Williams (?) had picked him for some other film so he'll probably be on their radar. I haven't actually seen him in anything yet but I suppose he can't possibly be as bad as Daniel Craig.

"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

katied wrote:Eon needs to be specific: No bald/ugly, fat, overly popular(delete as applicable) actors need apply. :?
Bald, ugly and fat I can understand, but I don't see why the fact that a lot of people think an actor would make a good Bond should automatically disqualify him. It's the sort of attitude one normally gets from pro-Craigers, as it gives them an opportunity to pat themselves on the back for their "originality" in supporting a blond, jug-eared, squinty-eyed shortarse over one of those "obvious choices" who actually looks like Bond, favoured by the common herd.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

Kristatos wrote:
katied wrote:Eon needs to be specific: No bald/ugly, fat, overly popular(delete as applicable) actors need apply. :?
Bald, ugly and fat I can understand, but I don't see why the fact that a lot of people think an actor would make a good Bond should automatically disqualify him. It's the sort of attitude one normally gets from pro-Craigers, as it gives them an opportunity to pat themselves on the back for their "originality" in supporting a blond, jug-eared, squinty-eyed shortarse over one of those "obvious choices" who actually looks like Bond, favoured by the common herd.

I kinda see where you're coming from..anyways, looks like Fassbender may be too busy to do it.

The "bald/ugly/fat " thing was referring to Jason Statham.

Edited to add:

I get annoyed with the hype factor surrounding Fassbender. I have seen several people on other Bond boards mention his name multiple times in threads about who should replace Daniel Craig. :? It reminds of how everyone thought Amy W*n*h*u*e should do the Bond theme last time around. I'm allergic to hype.Sorry.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

Cool story, Katied.

I'd say Fassbender is to the post-Craig hype as Owen was to the post-Brosnan hype. Perhaps he might not end up getting the role like Owen, but it's still fun to speculate in the meantime. Why does him being a popular candidate for #007 bother you Katied? Who would you rather have, that boy band kid Henry Cavill? :lol:
katied

Post by katied »

Fassbender is Over.Hyped.By.Fanboys.That is all. :roll:
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

So is Sam Worthington an over hyped, flavour of the month actor?
He is to me, once I thought he might make a decent Bond, Then I saw him act, and how he carries himself, and thought again.
He's no James Bond.
Fassbender wouldn't be my first choice I have to admit. But he wouldn't be the worst candidate either.
katied

Post by katied »

Captain Nash wrote:So is Sam Worthington an over hyped, flavour of the month actor?
He is to me, once I thought he might make a decent Bond, Then I saw him act, and how he carries himself, and thought again.
He's no James Bond.
Fassbender wouldn't be my first choice I have to admit. But he wouldn't be the worst candidate either.

I'd prefer someone like Worthington-not necessarily the man himself(doubt it will happen but one can hope, right?). I'd rather someone like Worthington than a fanboy favorite like Fassbender.[/soapbox]
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

katied wrote:
Captain Nash wrote:So is Sam Worthington an over hyped, flavour of the month actor?
He's no James Bond.

I'd prefer someone like Worthington-not necessarily the man himself(doubt it will happen but one can hope, right?). I'd rather someone like Worthington than a fanboy favorite like Fassbender.[/soapbox]
But his a short arsed, pretty boy, bricklayer.
With about as much acting ability as a plank of wood.
katied

Post by katied »

Well, not Worthington himself..just don't hire the obvious person(IOW, Fassbender).

Sorry to hate on Fassbender but he's overhyped. Seeing his name mentioned *constantly* as a possibility for the next Bond is irritating to me. Petty? Probably. But sad to say Babs and Mikey have their feelers out and will probably give him a screen test if nothing else. :?
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

You're a really strange character, Katied.
katied

Post by katied »

This isn't the fanboy boards.. constantly pimping certain actors will just get a big "YAWN!!!" here. :?
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

Whatever.

Fassbender for Bond. :)
katied

Post by katied »

Like I said..it's the W*n*h*u*e hype all over again. :roll:

Mentioning/pimping/shilling the same actor over and over again is is..I can't use any other word for it but obsessive.Sorry. :?
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

And yet you can't stop talking about it. :lol:
katied

Post by katied »

It is obsessive. If they hire Fassbender I'll never watch another Bond film again. When the fanboys win, so do the terrorists. :roll:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

katied wrote:Well, not Worthington himself..just don't hire the obvious person(IOW, Fassbender).
Why the f**k not? I've never seen Fassbender in anything, so I don't have an opinion on him one way or the other, but again I ask, why should the fact that he's a popular choice disqualify him automatically?
katied

Post by katied »

It's not just him being popular..it's fans trying to shove him down people(who REALLY don't care)'s throats. It'd be one thing if Fassbender was mentioned once. But there are quite a few vocals fans who bring his name up all.the.time. To the point where is is,there's no other word for it, annoying.

Quite frankly, when fans think balding and ugly actors should have a chance(and Connery was bald;however he is good looking even without hair),that's a sign fans have lowered their standards.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

katied wrote: Quite frankly, when fans think balding and ugly actors should have a chance(and Connery was bald;however he is good looking even without hair),that's a sign fans have lowered their standards.
Oh, fans can be wrong all right. The fact that I'm here shows that I never bought into the hype surrounding Craig, and I never thought that Clive Owen would make a good Bond either (he has the look, but can be terribly wooden at times). But there's a difference between saying that someone is wrong for Bond despite being popular with the fans and saying he shouldn't be Bond because he's popular with the fans.
katied

Post by katied »

Oh, fans can be wrong all right. The fact that I'm here shows that I never bought into the hype surrounding Craig, and I never thought that Clive Owen would make a good Bond either (he has the look, but can be terribly wooden at times)
At one point I would have been right with you on Clive Owen..too old now, though!

And yeah, we're here because we don't like Craig. I don't expect everyone to agree with us. I will say that the vast majority of pro-Craigs that are here are respectful. I respect their respectfulness(the most redundant sentence ever?) :lol: