Next James Bond actor odds

Discussion Of Possible Bond Actors
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Next James Bond actor odds

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I found this article discussing the odds on the next James Bond. There are some strange candidates mentioned.

http://www.online-betting-guide.co.uk/n ... Black.html

Next James Bond Could Be Christian Bale Or Could Even Be Black
Thursday 21 May 2009 at 11:27

The favourite to be the Next James Bond according to bookmakers Paddy Power is a black American actor suggesting there could be the biggest change yet in the James Bond franchise.

The Fresh Prince Could Play 007
The current favourite with Paddy Power to be the next James Bond is none other than Will Smith. Smith can be backed at 4/1 with Paddy Power to land the role and whilst it would be a major shift away from the usual people cast the 007 it would certainly be popular with many movie goers, if not traditionalists. Paddy Power offer 7/4 that the next James Bond is black and 2/5 that the next Bond is white.

Bale A Better Choice Than Owen
There are joint second favourites, Christian Bale and Clive Owen are both 8/1. Bale should be done with the Batman franchise by the time it comes to replace Daniel Craig and the fact he is British and a very well respected actor will work in his favour. He is a better bet than Clive Owen who was one of the front runners to land the role last time but was overlooked in favour of Daniel Craig.

Other Names In the Frame
Other interesting names linked include Orlando Bloom who is 10/1 with Paddy Power, Hugh Jackman who is 12/1 with Paddy Power and former Eastenders actor Craig Fairbrass is interesting at 25/1 if producers were to go for another ‘hardman’.

P Diddy To Play Bond?
There are plenty of other big names in the frame, to find out the odds on Jamie Foxx, Jude Law, Eric Bana, Guy Pearce or even Hugh Grant or P Diddy, and to see who else is in the betting, visit the Paddy Power website and click on Novelty Bets.
Last edited by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry on Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
katied

Re: Next James Bond actor odd

Post by katied »

Why does Bale's name always come up when who will replace Craig comes up in conversation. 8 to 1 favorite?what have they been smoking? :shock:

As for Owen, he'll be way too old(I love you Clive, but no.)

I won't even comment on Diddy, Will Smith et al being on that list. James Bond is not an African American man.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

katied wrote:Why does Bale's name always come up when who will replace Craig comes up in conversation?
Because he's a hot actor at the moment, and because it's hard to watch the Bruce Wayne scenes in The Dark Knight without thinking what a great Bond he'd make.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

I seriously doubt that he would do it if asked. I don't get the appeal of him as Bond-a personal taste thing I think. He's certainly young enough(a few years younger than me) .
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

katied wrote:I seriously doubt that he would do it if asked.
I think he said that he would. I don't know if he might be too famous (EON has always stayed away from established stars), but he's not as famous as Will Smith, and doesn't have an established screen persona that would overshadow to role of Bond the way Big Willy does. He's an actor, not a star, in the sense that it's hard to imagine someone talking about going to see "the new Christian Bale movie" the same way they might talk about "the new Will Smith movie".
katied

Re: Next James Bond actor odds

Post by katied »

Well, if he got the Bond role he'd have to keep his temper in check! ( "I'm the new Bond? Oh GOOD!"):lol: :lol:
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=go ... pe_id=5109

Will Smith 4/1
Clive Owen 8/1
Christian Bale 8/1
Orlando Bloom 10/1
Alex O'Loughlin 10/1
Dougray Scott 10/1
Idris Elba 10/1
James Purefoy 12/1
Henry Cavill 12/1
Hugh Jackman 12/1
Goran Visnjic 16/1
Jamie Foxx 16/1
Gerard Butler 16/1
Rufus Sewell 18/1
Sam Riley 20/1
Ewan McGregor 25/1
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
John Drake
Commander
Location: Watching the first twenty James Bond films somewhere...

Post by John Drake »

Sam Riley is not a bad shout for the role next time and he does seem to want the part.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/ar ... ol_1052784

RILEY EYED BOND ROLE BEFORE LANDING CONTROL

British actor SAM RILEY won the lead role in recent movie CONTROL after contacting a casting agent to ask if he could play JAMES BOND. The actor was desperate to play the superspy in the 007 film franchise - but ended up being recommended for the part of suicidal Joy Division frontman Ian Curtis in the low-budget biopic instead. He tells the New York Post's gossip column PageSix, "I was bartending and folding shirts for a living and I was in a band, but we broke up, so I gave it a try." Riley's debut performance in the biopic won him the Most Promising Newcomer Award at the 2007 British Independent Film Awards.

"He is very good-looking" Vesper Lynd
katied

Post by katied »

John Drake wrote:Sam Riley is not a bad shout for the role next time and he does seem to want the part.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/ar ... ol_1052784

RILEY EYED BOND ROLE BEFORE LANDING CONTROL

British actor SAM RILEY won the lead role in recent movie CONTROL after contacting a casting agent to ask if he could play JAMES BOND. The actor was desperate to play the superspy in the 007 film franchise - but ended up being recommended for the part of suicidal Joy Division frontman Ian Curtis in the low-budget biopic instead. He tells the New York Post's gossip column PageSix, "I was bartending and folding shirts for a living and I was in a band, but we broke up, so I gave it a try." Riley's debut performance in the biopic won him the Most Promising Newcomer Award at the 2007 British Independent Film Awards.

I saw Control. He was REALLY good in it so yeah, he gets a thumbs up from me! :up:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

He looks a little too effeminate in that photo for my tastes, but I can see something of the young Roger Moore in his face.
John Drake
Commander
Location: Watching the first twenty James Bond films somewhere...

Post by John Drake »

Another one.

"He is very good-looking" Vesper Lynd
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

John Drake wrote:Another one.

He looks like a mixture of Connery and Moore there!
Bring back Bond!
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Is the person available as a replacement for DC as Bond?

katied

Post by katied »

I like Sam Riley..he was in that movie about Ian Curtis.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Is he still interested?
Bring back Bond!
katied

Post by katied »

I think they should seriously consider San Riley for the next Bond, TBH. :cheers:
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Post by ml94 »

How old he is?
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Post by ml94 »

carl stromberg wrote:

He looks like a mixture of Connery and Moore there!
Great mix, he is 35 at the moment... :007: