Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Re: Craig suggests Jon Hamm for Bond

Post by carl stromberg »

I have heard a few people mention Hamm. He would be Ok.

Mad Men is one of those programmes that I would probably like, but have not got round to watching. I should watch the Wire too; Dominic West could have been an acceptable Bond.
Bring back Bond!
katied

Post by katied »

Mad Men takes places at an ad agency in the early '60's(the first season was set in 1960 I believe).That's about as much as I know about it.
mcbride007
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights
Goldfinger
For Your Eyes Only

Post by mcbride007 »

Captain Nash wrote:Babs and Mike wouldn't do that so I've no concerns.
They're not looking for a new Bond, and Hamm isn't going to get the role even if and when they do.
They must be thinking of other actors. Cubby Broccoli always did.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

mcbride007 wrote:
They're not looking for a new Bond, and Hamm isn't going to get the role even if and when they do.
Odds are Eon have an actor signed to step in as insurance in case anything happens with or to Daniel. It will never be disclosed unless it become necessary.

It is not a new consideration, I'd imagine it is standard operation procedure for a big productions to have understudies.
We will never know about it unless somebody talks and when they do it tends to be quickly quashed.

Eon kept their eyes open when Pierce had the helm (& Timothy & Roger & George), it would be foolish for them to be so enamoured with Daniel to have tunnel vision now.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

CaptainLewis wrote:
Daniel Craig has suggested Mad Men star Jon Hamm as a potential James Bond.

Speaking to Australia's Herald Sun, Craig said that American actor Hamm should play the MI6 agent if producers decide to adapt Sebastian Faulks's recent '60s-set Bond novel Devil May Care for the big screen.

"Have you seen that terrific series Mad Men? It's great and I look at that guy [Hamm] and he's got such a great look," Craig said. "If you're doing the film of [Devil May Care] that look would be perfect. If you were doing a one-off film I would say that's the way you would go."

However, Craig reasserted that there are no plans to return the spy character to a Cold War setting.

"That's not where we are," he explained. "The intention was always to make more than one of these so we have to move it forward because in two years' time, when hopefully we'll do another one, we'll still be pushing it forward."
Website: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a152 ... -bond.html
Daniel ought to know that Eon passed on the rights to Devil May Care
"Devil" features all the regular Bond hijinks � including locations around the world, martinis, glamorous women and archvillains � but there's a key problem.

Eon toppers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson claimed that the book's 1960s setting made it less desirable as a Bond pic property, at least for now.

"We love the book, but because it is set in the 1960s, we haven't considered making it in the near future," Broccoli and Wilson told Daily Variety.
More than a little ironic since all of Ian's books are set in the Cold War and apparently it wasn't problem for them.

I do wonder what would happen in sombody else bought the rights to it or other none Ian Bond books. I doubt much would happen because of the licensing and rights already arranged for and the strong studio support to fend off any challengers. Althou if sombody started gathering old Bond licenses like Kevin McClory's it would be curious to see what would happen if they had major studio support. At one point McClory though he did and was sold down the river by Sony, who happen to get what they wanted years later anyway, making the movie they traded to Eon and MGM for the rights to Spider-Man
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
John Drake
Commander
Location: Watching the first twenty James Bond films somewhere...

Post by John Drake »

Blowfeld wrote:
mcbride007 wrote:
Odds are Eon have an actor signed to step in as insurance in case anything happens with or to Daniel. It will never be disclosed unless it become necessary.
Perhaps Henry Cavill is under contract already. You'll notice he hasn't uttered a single word about his James Bond experience unlike actors like Purefoy, West & O'Lachlan.
"He is very good-looking" Vesper Lynd
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

John Drake wrote:Perhaps Henry Cavill is under contract already. You'll notice he hasn't uttered a single word about his James Bond experience unlike actors like Purefoy, West & O'Lachlan.
Do you think EON would tell an actor that the role was his if anything were to happen to Daniel Craig? I'm not saying Henry Cavill would break into Craig's house and leave roller skates at the top of his stairs, but why throw temptation his way?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
John Drake
Commander
Location: Watching the first twenty James Bond films somewhere...

Post by John Drake »

I've no idea how these things work but I remember Michael (UFO) Billington saying on his website that he was there when production began on both FYEO and Octopussy in case Rog pulled out. David Warbeck said a similar thing in his book so Eon have had 'reserve' Bonds on the payroll although that might have just been a Cubby thing. I doubt Barbara is even thinking about the next Bond. DC will be Bond until 2025 if she has anything to do with it. Cavill must be in the driving seat next time though if he got so close to the part for CR but his young age ruled him out.
"He is very good-looking" Vesper Lynd
katied

Post by katied »

]DC will be Bond until 2025 if she has anything to do with it.
Eww ..Craig will be REALLY long in the tooth hell by then. :shock: