Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Re: Ian Fleming's bond actors

Post by carl stromberg »

Kristatos wrote:
James wrote:I think the Jackman boat might have sailed. Henry Cavill must be in pole-position...unless Babs has another bombshell up her sleeve.
I think Worthington next, then Cavill. I hope so, anyway. Cavill is still a little fresh-faced at the mo. Though it depends on how long Craig stays in the role, I suppose. I'm pretty confident it won't be Jackman or Bale, however much the fans may want them.
I hope he is playing Bond in the next one -

Bring back Bond!
Roger Devereau
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger

Post by Roger Devereau »

Sam has moved on now. His career is taking off. So the next Bond will invariably be a lesser known actor.
'She looked sharply up at him. 'And who might you be?'

'My name's Bond, James Bond'.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

carl stromberg wrote:I hope he is playing Bond in the next one -
He isn't. Craig is. It sucks, but I don't believe in holding out for some miracle that will make him quit before his contract expires.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

Craig is sticking around..at least until his contract expires..or,god forbid

he were to have an unfortunate accident.I don't want to give people here any ideas :P
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Kristatos wrote:
carl stromberg wrote:I hope he is playing Bond in the next one -
He isn't. Craig is. It sucks, but I don't believe in holding out for some miracle that will make him quit before his contract expires.
There is no law against dreaming. :wink: Hang on, I think Labour announced plans to outlaw it in the Queen's Speech. :evil:
Bring back Bond!
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

It all depends on how soon it takes Daniel Craig to get fed up with the endless press tours and six month shoots. The so-so box-office of QoS and f**king awful reviews can't have escaped his notice either. I just hope they don't start taking three year breaks to placate him. If we have to put up with one or two more Craig films I wish they'd just get on with it as soon as possible.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

James wrote:I just hope they don't start taking three year breaks to placate him.
Tough titty. Bond 23 is scheduled for 2011, I believe.
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

Oh well. With any luck he'll be kidnapped by aliens or something before then.

"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

James wrote:Oh well. With any luck he'll be kidnapped by aliens or something before then.

Stranger things have happened - such as Craig being cast as Bond. :twisted:
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

carl stromberg wrote:
I hope he is playing Bond in the next one -

wasn't he the one signed and being put through military training before Craig was hired?
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Dr. No wrote:wasn't he the one signed and being put through military training before Craig was hired?
Dunno about military training, but ISTR reading that he had been offered and accepted the role before being called back and told that Lady Broccoli's Lover had finally agreed to do it, so his services weren't needed after all. Though from what I've been reading here today, I have to ask: if Broccoli wanted Craig and Wilson wanted McMahon and Campbell wanted Cavill...who wanted Worthington?
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

i thought it was him anyway.
I distinctly remember reading about some young man who was cast a Bond, in Australia i think it was going through SAS type military training to prepare for the role and at the last moment Craig was cast making voiding his contract.
Thinking about it that doesn't make sense unless there was like count down clock and MGM required a name be signed so they could start production on time.

But the big thing and reason I though it was him was the story had a think about how it was good thing because Cameron chose him for avatar and the was going to be big. had to be last year or 2006 maybe
if it wasn't him who was it cavill?
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Dr. No wrote:i thought it was him anyway.
I distinctly remember reading about some young man who was cast a Bond, in Australia i think it was going through SAS type military training to prepare for the role and at the last moment Craig was cast making voiding his contract.
Thinking about it that doesn't make sense unless there was like count down clock and MGM required a name be signed so they could start production on time.
Well, Worthington is Australian, so it was probably him. What could have happened is that EON badgered Craig into taking the role but he said no, so they went with their second choice. But then DC changed his mind, so Worthington got the boot.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

It's possible that Sam Worthington was no-ones favourite but a solid compromise choice. Julian McMahon could be considered a bit campy. Henry was too young. Only a lunatic would have considered signing Daniel Craig up.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Going back to the composite image that started this thread, see how quickly this blogger goes from a fairly reasonable-sounding "the methodology in this research is bogus" to a vaguely unhinged rant about how someone dared to criticise the great Daniel Craig.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Kristatos wrote:Going back to the composite image that started this thread, see how quickly this blogger goes from a fairly reasonable-sounding "the methodology in this research is bogus" to a vaguely unhinged rant about how someone dared to criticise the great Daniel Craig.
The author must be Daniel Craig's mum.
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

carl stromberg wrote:The author must be Daniel Craig's mum.
Or Barbara Broccoli.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Kristatos wrote:
Dr. No wrote:i thought it was him anyway.
Well, Worthington is Australian, so it was probably him. What could have happened is that EON badgered Craig into taking the role but he said no, so they went with their second choice. But then DC changed his mind, so Worthington got the boot.
I don't know. I've spent hours trying to find it again. Maybe it was all wrong. I swear it was bout him being signed and a last minute change taking it away. :?

maybe its like that Dougray Scott story where he say he was singed and Pierce screwed him by coming back.

Dougray lost out on Bond.(News)

Daily Record (Glasgow, Scotland); May 22, 2006
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Kristatos wrote:
carl stromberg wrote:The author must be Daniel Craig's mum.
Or Barbara Broccoli.
"The Face of the "Real" James Bond: Why the "Research" Sucks" BBC america paid for this!?

This guy is more obsessive than a mother would be so Barbara Broccoli isn't bad guy.
He seems to forget that Sean Connery defined bond for 40 years and craig is a upstart.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Dr. No wrote:This guy is more obsessive than a mother would be so Barbara Broccoli isn't bad guy.
I suspect this guy is a gal, judging by the comment about never missing an opportunity to post the picture of Dobby in his speedos. I suppose it could be a gay man.