Henry Cavill fragrance commercial

Discussion Of Possible Bond Actors
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Re: Henry Cavill fragrance commercial

Post by stockslivevan »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:I'm not sure how someone having a wash and wearing some new clothes could be considered gay? Ian Fleming's Bond was interested in clothes and food: does that make Bond gay? :lol:
I was talking about men's perfume. Or was that all the rage for Fleming in the 1950s? Other than that, Cavill is still a kid FFS, he looks like he should belong in a boy band than a 00 group.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

stockslivevan wrote:I was talking about men's perfume. Or was that all the rage for Fleming in the 1950s?
Dunno, did Bond ever wear cologne in the Fleming novels? I really need to re-read the books I have read and read the ones I haven't. Whatever, I'm sure Fleming wouldn't have just written"Bond splashed on some cologne", he'd have spent three paragraphs detailing the brand and all the added ingredients that Bond had specially imported from South America to make it different from the cologne that plebs like us can just walk into Boots/Walgreens (depending which side of the pond you're on) and buy off the shelf.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

Cavill is a mediocre(at best) actor.But most certainly not gay-in the homosexual-or bad- sense of the word.Just..bland is all.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

katied wrote:Cavill is a mediocre(at best) actor.But most certainly not gay-in the homosexual-or bad- sense of the word.Just..bland is all.
Henry Cavill ticks all the Bond boxes for me, but I have not actually watched him in anything. I have just seen him in the odd scene on The Tudors when going through the channels!

So he may be a bit dull.
Bring back Bond!
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

This forum thread details Bond's aftershave use in Fleming and Gardner. The thread in turn mentions another thread on Absoutely James Bond on the topic.

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=211695

I think Fleming's Bond used Fleming's aftershave and toiletries brands: there's a surprise!!
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

carl stromberg wrote:This forum thread details Bond's aftershave use in Fleming and Gardner. The thread in turn mentions another thread on Absoutely James Bond on the topic.

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=211695

I think Fleming's Bond used Fleming's aftershave and toiletries brands: there's a surprise!!
So Gardner's Bond used a Dunhill brand. Interesting....
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

carl stromberg wrote:
katied wrote:Cavill is a mediocre(at best) actor.But most certainly not gay-in the homosexual-or bad- sense of the word.Just..bland is all.
Henry Cavill ticks all the Bond boxes for me, but I have not actually watched him in anything. I have just seen him in the odd scene on The Tudors when going through the channels!

So he may be a bit dull.
He may have the look for Bond, but the fact of the matter is, when the time comes to replace Craig(and I've said this before) he'll still be too young looking.
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:What should Bond be like? A grubby little thug like Craig's Bond? Who will be the next Bond? Oscar from Sesame Street? :evil: :evil:
Look, it's Daniel Craig!

"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

Kristatos wrote: So Gardner's Bond used a Dunhill brand. Interesting....
New to me, but then again I really do have no interest in reading non-Fleming material. After reading his books frankly I can't imagine how any of the writers would capture the spirit of the books. I had little hope for Faulks' new book but hearing that it's nothing but a knock-off and less of an original storyline confirms my doubts about any of the post-Fleming writers. Fleming was certainly one of a kind.
katied

Post by katied »

James wrote:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:What should Bond be like? A grubby little thug like Craig's Bond? Who will be the next Bond? Oscar from Sesame Street? :evil: :evil:
Look, it's Daniel Craig!

LOL. (Cue "That's not funny!" comments from the Craig fans here :roll: )
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Kristatos wrote:
stockslivevan wrote:I was talking about men's perfume. Or was that all the rage for Fleming in the 1950s?
Dunno, did Bond ever wear cologne in the Fleming novels? I really need to re-read the books I have read and read the ones I haven't. Whatever, I'm sure Fleming wouldn't have just written"Bond splashed on some cologne", he'd have spent three paragraphs detailing the brand and all the added ingredients that Bond had specially imported from South America to make it different from the cologne that plebs like us can just walk into Boots/Walgreens (depending which side of the pond you're on) and buy off the shelf.
This was Flemings' choice of aftershave, and Bond's too (can't remember which novel it appeared in) -
http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/index ... ac&g=ac009

I bought a bottle a while back, and it smelt bloody awful!! My wife wouldn't go near me.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

The Sweeney wrote: This was Flemings' choice of aftershave, and Bond's too (can't remember which novel it appeared in) -

I bought a bottle a while back, and it smelt bloody awful!! My wife wouldn't go near me.
:lol: I've only used aftershave once when I first starting shaving, I didn't get the point of it so I never tried it again. The same bottle sat on the shelf for years before I realized it was still there then tossed it.
katied

Post by katied »

The Sweeney wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
This was Flemings' choice of aftershave, and Bond's too (can't remember which novel it appeared in) -

must..not.. make...snarky..comment. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

katied wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:

must..not.. make...snarky..comment. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I'm impressed. I was expecting at least some bad comment from you..... :wink:
katied

Post by katied »

Hon, you walked right into that one, posting a comment like that :roll:
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

What? :lol:
katied

Post by katied »

Sweeney making a comment about smelling bad because he's wearing Bond=related aftershave.. that's so obviously bait material..But he's always been a master baiter :lol: :lol: :lol:
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

katied

Post by katied »

^LAME. :roll:
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

Anyway, Cavill looks like a kid. If he's the next James Bond they ought to give him a water pistol since even a handgun with blanks is still too dangerous, not to mention to heavy for the kid. :lol: :P

That, or maybe cast him as JAMES BOND JR.