James Purefoy

Discussion Of Possible Bond Actors
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

James Purefoy

Post by Kristatos »

What the heck, everyone else is starting up threads for their favourite not-Bond, so I thought I'd do the same.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
ID
Lieutenant

Post by ID »

I like Purefoy. He's an underrated actor, been in some good stuff on BBC4 the last few years. He told a funny story once about meeting with the Bond people to discuss the role. I think if they were going to replace Brosnan in 2004/2005 with the usual early fortysomething established 007 they could have a lot worse than Purefoy.
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

I think James Puerfoy could've made a very good James Bond.
And going over some of theses candidates, some of them may still be able to take over when Craig finishes with the role.
When that happens however I'd be putting money on Cavill or Sam Worthington.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Captain Nash wrote:I think James Puerfoy could've made a very good James Bond.
And going over some of theses candidates, some of them may still be able to take over when Craig finishes with the role.
Sadly, I agree. I think his chance has gone. He's 44 now, I believe, and even if Craig only stays for 3 movies, that'll still take us to at least 2010. Helen Mirren will be in space by then (a brownie point to anyone who gets that joke)!
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

HBO's "Rome" Cancelled. HBO announced that the second season of Rome will be the last.
I wonder if this will affect James eligibility, as I recall there was a rumor that the commitment to film Rome helped in the decision to pass him over.
He had a great story about his meeting with the Bond producers. What I like about him is his love of James Bond and his enthusiasm for the role.
“Bond is my childhood. Live and Let Die was the first movie my dad took me to. We watched it two and a half times in a Dublin cinema.” His initial interview in the Bond offices overlooking Hyde Park Corner makes him wince to recall, but he is English enough to love telling a funny story against himself. “The room is very Bond-esque: wood panelling, big table. You sit there trying to be as serious and panther-like as you can, just letting them look at you. They asked what I thought should be changed, and I was eight minutes into my soliloquy when I noticed they were all staring at my legs. Being a ludicrous, overexcited boy of 42, I was kicking them like a child. I realised there was no hope.”
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

Purefoy was a bit too tall and handsome to be Bond. And his hair is quite dark. All wrong. 8)

"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

James wrote:Purefoy was a bit too tall and handsome to be Bond. And his hair is quite dark. All wrong. 8)

I wouldn't go that far, he looks more tough than that Cavill kid.
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

Kristatos wrote:
Sadly, I agree. I think his chance has gone. He's 44 now, I believe, and even if Craig only stays for 3 movies, that'll still take us to at least 2010. Helen Mirren will be in space by then (a brownie point to anyone who gets that joke)!
Jeez, is it so bad to agree with me. :
I might not agree with most of the opinions on here, but you need two different opinions in a discussion forum. Imagine how boring it would be here if everyone agreed.
Come on admit it, you love me really. :P
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Captain Nash wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
Jeez, is it so bad to agree with me. :
I might not agree with most of the opinions on here, but you need two different opinions in a discussion forum. Imagine how boring it would be here if everyone agreed.
Come on admit it, you love me really. :P
Relax Nash. I think he was referring to being sad about his chance being gone, and not the fact that he was agreeing with you.

I'm right, aren't I Kristatos....?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Sweeney wrote:Relax Nash. I think he was referring to being sad about his chance being gone, and not the fact that he was agreeing with you.

I'm right, aren't I Kristatos....?
Spot on.
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them

Post by Captain Nash »

Then I guess I owe you an apology then Kristatos.
:oops:
Sorry for the mix up.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Captain Nash wrote:Then I guess I owe you an apology then Kristatos.
:oops:
Sorry for the mix up.
S'OK. What makes it even sadder is reading the story above about his audition. It's obvious from the way he talks that playing Bond was the dream of a lifetime for him, so to see his last chance go like that is kinda heartbreaking.
Harvey Wallbanger
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Harvey Wallbanger »

James wrote:Purefoy was a bit too tall and handsome to be Bond. And his hair is quite dark. All wrong. 8)

This picture has a resemblance to SCs arrogant look –worked like gang busters for JB 8)

Guess JP is still not too big for Bond -if he is doing radio skits
Beau Brummell and Rome star, James Purefoy guest-stars as Dracula opposite Fifth Doctor, Peter Davison in September's Son of the Dragon.
Make them serious nudes!

I fear no evil because I walk with evil.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

He's now playing The Saint.

I'm really looking forward to it.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:He's now playing The Saint.

Is that on TV or in a movie? Either way, I hope it's better than that Val Kilmer movie.
Skywalker
Favorite Bond Movie: Live and Let Die
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Quantum of Solace.......Hmmm
Favorite Movies: Batman Begins
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens
Location: On the side of truth and honesty. No room for sheep - just shepherds.

Post by Skywalker »

Kristatos wrote:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:He's now playing The Saint.

Is that on TV or in a movie? Either way, I hope it's better than that Val Kilmer movie.
I think it's TV.
“I'd like to thank the Royal Marines for bringing me in like that and scaring the s--- out of me,” Bond Hardman Daniel Craig.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

New Saint! Cool
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Re:

Post by ml94 »

Blowfeld wrote:HBO's "Rome" Cancelled. HBO announced that the second season of Rome will be the last.
I wonder if this will affect James eligibility, as I recall there was a rumor that the commitment to film Rome helped in the decision to pass him over.
He had a great story about his meeting with the Bond producers. What I like about him is his love of James Bond and his enthusiasm for the role.
“Bond is my childhood. Live and Let Die was the first movie my dad took me to. We watched it two and a half times in a Dublin cinema.” His initial interview in the Bond offices overlooking Hyde Park Corner makes him wince to recall, but he is English enough to love telling a funny story against himself. “The room is very Bond-esque: wood panelling, big table. You sit there trying to be as serious and panther-like as you can, just letting them look at you. They asked what I thought should be changed, and I was eight minutes into my soliloquy when I noticed they were all staring at my legs. Being a ludicrous, overexcited boy of 42, I was kicking them like a child. I realised there was no hope.”
:typing: :)