Hugh Jackman

Discussion Of Possible Bond Actors
Countach
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Any Bond movies without DC in it!
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
RED
DREDD
Iron Man/Avengers/Thor/Capt America
Indiana Jones

Re: Hugh Jackman

Post by Countach »

If given a chance, I think he would be a fantastic Bond!
Countach
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Any Bond movies without DC in it!
RED
DREDD
Iron Man/Avengers/Thor/Capt America
Indiana Jones

Post by Countach »

Honestly, if Hugh got the part. It will be the first time in years that I will actually look forward to a James Bond movie. I lost interest when DC was selected and thinking its some kind of sick joke. So, even for Bond 23, I can't wait for the movie to quickly get done and over with and hoping DC will quit.

Hugh will be a good Bond!
oscartheman
Agent

Post by oscartheman »

Countach wrote:Honestly, if Hugh got the part. It will be the first time in years that I will actually look forward to a James Bond movie. I lost interest when DC was selected and thinking its some kind of sick joke. So, even for Bond 23, I can't wait for the movie to quickly get done and over with and hoping DC will quit.

I agree Jackman would be great as Bond.The only question about Bond 23 that has my attention is how badly are they going to screw it up.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

oscartheman wrote:
Countach wrote:Honestly, if Hugh got the part. It will be the first time in years that I will actually look forward to a James Bond movie. I lost interest when DC was selected and thinking its some kind of sick joke. So, even for Bond 23, I can't wait for the movie to quickly get done and over with and hoping DC will quit.

I agree Jackman would be great as Bond.The only question about Bond 23 that has my attention is how badly are they going to screw it up.
I'm sure Barbara will have a good go at screwing Bond 23 up!
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:
oscartheman wrote:

I'm sure Barbara will have a good go at screwing Bond 23 up!
They have to screw it up. I hope there's movies to knock Bond 23 off the yearly top 10 list, especially here in the US.
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

Blimey, old thread. The Jackman ship has sailed.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
oscartheman
Agent

Post by oscartheman »

Jackman could do it 2013 2014 no point to him taking over only to retire.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

oscartheman wrote:Jackman could do it 2013 2014 no point to him taking over only to retire.
Yeah, I think he's got maybe two films in him at most. Whereas Henry Cavill actually could be Bond for 8 films, unlike certain other candidates I could mention.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

The 7th Bond needs to be young enough to last at least 10 films, and Henry fits the bill.
Mooreisbond
New Recruit

Post by Mooreisbond »

Hugh jackman would be a great bond but then went onto pick THAT man instead.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Mooreisbond wrote:Hugh jackman would be a great bond but then went onto pick THAT man instead.
Welcome to the forum. I have read conflicting reports about Jackman - some say he turned down the part, others that he was never offered it. It's hard to know where the truth lies.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Mooreisbond
New Recruit

Post by Mooreisbond »

He would have been much better than lemon lips.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

Kristatos wrote:
Mooreisbond wrote:Hugh jackman would be a great bond but then went onto pick THAT man instead.
Welcome to the forum. I have read conflicting reports about Jackman - some say he turned down the part, others that he was never offered it. It's hard to know where the truth lies.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
I remember hearing that Jackman screen tested, but EON though he wasn't tough enough (too fey, I think is what he was called). So they went on to cast an actor with a constant pout. A messed up idea of tough, methinks.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

He shaved his hair off for a part - and now has the same look Craig had in Skyfall!