BOND #7

Discussion Of Possible Bond Actors
Bond...James Bond
Lieutenant

Re: BOND #7

Post by Bond...James Bond »

tbp82 wrote:Not sure why Huston is getting hate here. When he's more in shape and jacked like he was in ben-hur its easy to see him as Bond. Get him in the shape of he was for Ben-Hur and give him a Bondian haircut and he looks the part no doubt
Because he looks like a Latino playboy. They can do much better than this.

No brainer. He screams Bond in that image.

I'll also take Tom as Bond.

He's got enough style and grace to beat the so called current Bond. Turner is clearly the man for the job though.
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

No doubt Turner is the obvious choice you can read my previous post and see we agree there. Also, Rupert Friend and Tom Cullen fit the bill. Im just saying Huston isn't as bad as some seem to want to make him.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

BOND #7

Post by Omega »

I don't hate Huston, just not familiar with him.
Just about any of these actors would be an improvement. Craig looks nothing like bond to make him look the part EON the settles on a spray tan (not kidding) and a frozen face scowl trying to look like Steve McQueen.
If they start with someone who sort of looks like bond I think they'll end up with d**n convincing bond.
Just stop with the emo stories !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Turner just oozes Bond in those pictures above. Winner. :007:
Sure,Hiddleston does have style and charm but I am bothered by the lack of classic Bond looks.
As for Tom Cullen I remeber watching him in Downton Abbey and at one point he was in a tux playing cards and I remeber thinking:" He's a bit like Bond here." But I don't think he has any chance to become Bond because he simply doesn't seem to be on the radar at all.
As for Rupert Friend,I was never impressed or thought he has some Bond qualities besides dark hair.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

As long as Babs remains in the producing chair, you might as well cast an Orion from Trek as Bond.
Bond...James Bond
Lieutenant

Post by Bond...James Bond »

If BB has here way with the casting. Then this could be the next Bond.
Image :hair: :Bonk: :jack: :picard:
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

https://media.giphy.com/media/xfPmHkD8UjmNy/giphy.gif

Looks like Bond got into trouble with Dr. No again.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Bond #7 needs to look like this man:

John Drake
Commander
Location: Watching the first twenty James Bond films somewhere...

Post by John Drake »

Tom Hiddleston is one of the busiest actors in the world and yet his slate for 2018 shows only a voiceover. Suspicious.
"He is very good-looking" Vesper Lynd
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

John Drake wrote:Tom Hiddleston is one of the busiest actors in the world and yet his slate for 2018 shows only a voiceover. Suspicious.
Maybe he wants to take a year off. But I am aware that my wishful thinking has something to do with this.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

He does say he wants a year off, maybe that's all. But this is exactly what Craig did except he didn't have regular work to speak of so nobody noticed he was at the gym for a year trying to buff up for Bond

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

Who are your top five potential Bonds right now?

1.) Aidan Turner-looks like he was born to play Bond.
2.) Tom Cullen-can look like both Pierce Brosnan and Sean Connery depending on his hairstyle. Under the radar candidate
3.) Michael Fassenbender-I know he's not likely but his role as Magneto in the X-Men reboot at times shows Bond Potential.
4.) Rupert Friend-Another under the radar candidate his run as Peter Quinn in Homeland shows he can handle the action. Does he have the Tuxability?
5.) Tom Hiddleston-his turn in the Night Manager sold me on him as Bond.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

tbp82 wrote:Who are your top five potential Bonds right now?

1.) Aidan Turner-looks like he was born to play Bond.
2.) Tom Cullen-can look like both Pierce Brosnan and Sean Connery depending on his hairstyle. Under the radar candidate
3.) Michael Fassenbender-I know he's not likely but his role as Magneto in the X-Men reboot at times shows Bond Potential.
4.) Rupert Friend-Another under the radar candidate his run as Peter Quinn in Homeland shows he can handle the action. Does he have the Tuxability?
5.) Tom Hiddleston-his turn in the Night Manager sold me on him as Bond.
Out of these Friend never impressed me at all.
I liked Fassbender in Inglorious Basterds and he has some style but I just never warmed up to the idea of him as Bond. Maybe because I always got this antagonistic vibe out of him.

I liked Cullen in Downton Abbey and I like him in general so I sort of like the idea of him as Bond too. Depends on whether he can be icy suave charming perfection or not.

Hiddleston was excellent in the Night Manager but I am part of that camp that after more than 10 years of Craig wants to see a clear cut example of "tall,dark and handsome" type.
Out of these you've listed Turner is a clear winner. What a perfectly looking icy suave perfection he was in ATTWN. :007:

Besides him Tom Ellis would be my other choice. Charming as hell. After all he is playing the devil :lol:

Cavill,of course,would fit as well. One only needs to see U.N.C.L.E. But,I don't think that is really happening anymore with the Superman and everything.

Theo James could fit as well. As with Cullen it all depends on whether he has the much necessary suave charm or not.

But for me,it all comes down to Turner and Cullen.
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

Turner and Cullen or Turner and Ellis? or all three?
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

tbp82 wrote:Turner and Cullen or Turner and Ellis? or all three?
I meant Turner and Ellis actually,I wrote Cullen by mistake. :D Turner and Ellis are my two top choices but as I said,I like Cullen and if he has what it takes-I can't see why not.
Although I'll be a little dissapointed if Turner does not get the role even if the chosen actor suits the part well. I guess that's just because of all the hype around him being the next Bond.
I like Ellis equally but I know he's not on the radar(or at least doesn't seem to be) so with him there isn't this sort of expectation like with Turner.
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

I like Ellis to he no doubt looks the part. His role on Lucifer does bring some Bondian qualities. Another guy Ima throw out there is Dan Stevens anyone who watches the guest should see Bond potential there. Oliver Jackson Cohen and Aaraon Taylor Johnson are starting to look the part as well.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

tbp82 wrote:I like Ellis to he no doubt looks the part. His role on Lucifer does bring some Bondian qualities. Another guy Ima throw out there is Dan Stevens anyone who watches the guest should see Bond potential there. Oliver Jackson Cohen and Aaraon Taylor Johnson are starting to look the part as well.

Ellis simply oozes sex,charisma and suave sophistication as Lucifer.
Honestly,I'll always remember Dan Stevens as a bland snd blond Matthew Crawley from Downton.
Also,isn't he American?
Taylor Jonson is certainly looking good lately but I just don't get any Bond vibe in particular ffom him. I still see him as a misused blond Vronsky that looked like a teenager rathen than a man.
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

Stevens is not American.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

tbp82 wrote:Stevens is not American.
I must have mixed something up.
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

Veronica what are your thoughts on Jack Huston?