BOND #7

Discussion Of Possible Bond Actors
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: BOND #7

Post by Kristatos »

James wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:53 pm I haven't got a clue who Paapa Essiedu is but here's a picture.

Well, I can totally see why he's this week's front-runner _.///
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

https://sports.ladbrokes.com/news/tv/ne ... bond-odds/
Next James Bond odds: Cavill second favourite to play British spy
Aaron Taylor-Johnson has been cut from 15/8 to 7/4 to replace Daniel Craig as James Bond.

However, Happy Valley actor James Norton has drifted from 5/2 to 4/1, with Henry Cavill now second favourite at 3/1 to play Britain’s most famous spy. Paapa Essiedu and Tom Hardy round off the top five at 5/1.

Alex Apati of Ladbrokes said: “All eyes are on 007 chiefs with fans and punters alike desperate to know who they’re lining up to replace Daniel Craig. As things stand it’s Taylor-Johnson who leads the way, with no less than four other names priced 5/1 or shorter for the gig.”

Here we take a look at some of the names linked with the role and their next James Bond odds.

Aaron Taylor-Johnson
The 32-year-old Englishman rose to prominence as John Lennon in the 2009 film Nowhere Boy and seven years later won a Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actor for his performance as a psychopathic drifter in Tom Ford’s thriller Nocturnal Animals.

More recently he played military commander Ives in Christopher Nolan’s sci-fi and spy thriller Tenet, assassin Tangerine in David Leitch’s Bullet Train and the title role in upcoming American superhero flick Kraven the Hunter, based on the Marvel Comics character.

But what really got tongues wagging was Taylor-Johnson’s screen test for the role at Pinewoods Studio in September which reportedly impressed Bond franchise boss Barbara Broccoli.

Next James Bond odds: 7/4

Henry Cavill
Cavill has long been one of the front-runners to don the famous tux, but his hopes of playing the super spy seemed to be over when he quit his role in The Witcher to reprise his role as Superman – or so he thought.

The 39-year-old from Jersey made a big announcement on his Instagram page about playing Superman, but a shake-up at Warner Bros meant he was dumped from the role when director and DC Studios co-chair James Gunn revealed he would be writing a new movie focusing on a younger version of the superhero.

Technically, that frees up the suave and sophisticated Cavill to play Bond, something Argylle director Matthew Vaughn said he is “born to do”.

Next James Bond odds: 3/1
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

They're not going to cast anyone when all the actors are on strike. Anyone placing bets now is a mug.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

Kristatos wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 1:08 pm
James wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:53 pm I haven't got a clue who Paapa Essiedu is but here's a picture.

Well, I can totally see why he's this week's front-runner _.///

I actually saw him in an episode of Black Mirror recently - the Demon one from the last series. He was quite amusing but not Bond material. A lot of the names people mention now (Paul Mescal, Leo Suter) are people I've never heard of and have to look up. The likes of Cavill, Turner etc have slowly aged out of contention it seems.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig