10,000 BC

General Movie Discussions & Reviews
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

10,000 BC

Post by Kristatos »

I saw this yesterday, and it was quite fun, in a cheesy sort of way. It reminded me a little of the Ray Harryhausen or Doug McClure movies I used to watch as a kid. Stay away from this film if you're a stickler for historical accuracy, with its eyeliner-wearing prehistoric heroine and its scenes of mammoths building the pyramids 6000 years too early. But if you watch it in the spirit it was intended, as sheer escapist nonsense, you should enjoy it.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Skywalker
Favorite Bond Movie: Live and Let Die
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Quantum of Solace.......Hmmm
Favorite Movies: Batman Begins
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens
Location: On the side of truth and honesty. No room for sheep - just shepherds.

Re: 10,000 BC

Post by Skywalker »

Kristatos wrote:I saw this yesterday, and it was quite fun, in a cheesy sort of way. It reminded me a little of the Ray Harryhausen or Doug McClure movies I used to watch as a kid. Stay away from this film if you're a stickler for historical accuracy, with its eyeliner-wearing prehistoric heroine and its scenes of mammoths building the pyramids 6000 years too early. But if you watch it in the spirit it was intended, as sheer escapist nonsense, you should enjoy it.
Nothing wrong with that.

What was the CGI like? It looked ok from the trailers.
“I'd like to thank the Royal Marines for bringing me in like that and scaring the s--- out of me,” Bond Hardman Daniel Craig.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Skywalker wrote: Nothing wrong with that.

It looked better on the big screen than it did on TV. I often find that with CGI. Funny, you'd think it would be the other way around, but CGI often looks more like, well, CGI when you see it on the small screen. I remember watching TND when it first got shown on the telly, and I was shocked at how bad a shot of a CGI plane coming in to land on an aircraft carrier looked. I don't remember thinking that when I saw it in the cinema.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Skywalker
Favorite Bond Movie: Live and Let Die
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Quantum of Solace.......Hmmm
Favorite Movies: Batman Begins
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens
Location: On the side of truth and honesty. No room for sheep - just shepherds.

Post by Skywalker »

Kristatos wrote:
Skywalker wrote: Nothing wrong with that.

It looked better on the big screen than it did on TV. I often find that with CGI. Funny, you'd think it would be the other way around, but CGI often looks more like, well, CGI when you see it on the small screen. I remember watching TND when it first got shown on the telly, and I was shocked at how bad a shot of a CGI plane coming in to land on an aircraft carrier looked. I don't remember thinking that when I saw it in the cinema.
I might go see it with the Mrs.
“I'd like to thank the Royal Marines for bringing me in like that and scaring the s--- out of me,” Bond Hardman Daniel Craig.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Kristatos wrote:I saw this yesterday, and it was quite fun, in a cheesy sort of way. It reminded me a little of the Ray Harryhausen or Doug McClure movies I used to watch as a kid. Stay away from this film if you're a stickler for historical accuracy, with its eyeliner-wearing prehistoric heroine and its scenes of mammoths building the pyramids 6000 years too early. But if you watch it in the spirit it was intended, as sheer escapist nonsense, you should enjoy it.
sheer escapist nonsense, you got that right.
I was a fun ride, didn't make much sense, the whole Egypt , Atlantis, not Stargate thing.
It was fun to watch had a good leading man good leading lady and decent CGI.

The sabertooth was a nice, i found myself wising he had stuck around for more.
This is not a movie you'll watch more than once. Fun the first time if you lose yourself in ti.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.