The Spy Who Loved Me
Quantum of Solace.......Hmmm
Favorite Movies: Batman Begins
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens
Location: On the side of truth and honesty. No room for sheep - just shepherds.

Rambo 4

Post by Skywalker »

Went to see it the other night with Mrs Skywalker and really enjoyed it. The film is quite barbaric in places, yet the story is a good one and Stallone is excellent. I thought the casting throughout was good and Stallone is turning out to be a director with real potential.

Well worth a view (Even if you didn't enjoy the first 3).
“I'd like to thank the Royal Marines for bringing me in like that and scaring the s--- out of me,” Bond Hardman Daniel Craig.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Re: Rambo 4

Post by FormerBondFan »

Skywalker wrote:Went to see it the other night with Mrs Skywalker and really enjoyed it. The film is quite barbaric in places, yet the story is a good one and Stallone is excellent. I thought the casting throughout was good and Stallone is turning out to be a director with real potential.

I went over to the imdb forum, and one of the posters said that Sly's a much better director and writer than George Lucas.
Skywalker
Favorite Bond Movie: Live and Let Die
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens

Re: Rambo 4

Post by Skywalker »

FormerBondFan wrote:
Skywalker wrote:Went to see it the other night with Mrs Skywalker and really enjoyed it. The film is quite barbaric in places, yet the story is a good one and Stallone is excellent. I thought the casting throughout was good and Stallone is turning out to be a director with real potential.

I went over to the imdb forum, and one of the posters said that Sly's a much better director and writer than George Lucas.
George is supremely talented at his genre of film.

As for Stallone, I think his direction of Rocky Balboa was very good too. A friend of mine has a good saying and it's something I tend to apply when watching films now. He says "Did the film have something to say, did it say it and was it worth saying"

I think Stallone's directing style ticks those boxes for me with his last 2 directorial perfomances. Even the confrontational scenes with Talia Shire in Rocky 3 and 4 are exceptionally well done.
“I'd like to thank the Royal Marines for bringing me in like that and scaring the s--- out of me,” Bond Hardman Daniel Craig.
Gary Seven
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Gary Seven »

Stallone is actually an interesting film-maker. I'm looking forward to watching Rambo IV. I note the audiences have been sniffy about his age, and they think Stallone had a cheek to continue making movies after the age of 40. :roll:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Also, one of users from imdb said that Stallone knows what moviegoers want.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

FormerBondFan wrote:Also, one of users from imdb said that Stallone knows what moviegoers want.
The box office returns say otherwise.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

In that case, the moviegoers don't know what they want. I mean how can you have MEET THE SPARTANS top RAMBO? :? At least that qualifies to be the #1 movie of the weekend, MTS shouldn't even be on the top 10. Why do people find that garbage tolerable? :x
Skywalker
Favorite Bond Movie: Live and Let Die
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens

Post by Skywalker »

Gary Seven wrote:Stallone is actually an interesting film-maker. I'm looking forward to watching Rambo IV. I note the audiences have been sniffy about his age, and they think Stallone had a cheek to continue making movies after the age of 40. :roll:
He's in great shape in the film and looks pretty good for his age. Interestingly, he is to direct Poe in 2009, with Viggo Mortensen rumoured to play the lead.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

stockslivevan wrote:In that case, the moviegoers don't know what they want. I mean how can you have MEET THE SPARTANS top RAMBO? :? At least that qualifies to be the #1 movie of the weekend, MTS shouldn't even be on the top 10. Why do people find that garbage tolerable? :x
I don't know, Spartans only beats it by a nose opening weekend . Domesticly Rambo beat the Spartans ;)
actually domestically and world wide.
MEET THE SPARTANS
Domestic: $38,023,950 64.1%
+ Foreign: $21,298,962 35.9%
= Worldwide: $59,322,912
Rambo
Domestic: $42,638,658 42.1%
+ Foreign: $58,567,451 57.9%
= Worldwide: $101,206,109
I'm going to pass until this is one is on DVd. I've heard it is a bloody, violent movie. Not that I'm against that, all of teh rambos were, I just didn't want to wast teh price of ticket to find out.