Worthington, Bale in Terminator 4

General Movie Discussions & Reviews
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Worthington, Bale in Terminator 4

Post by Kristatos »

Bond runner-up Sam Worthington has joined the cast of Terminator 4, along with fan favourite Christian Bale, who will be playing the adult John Connor.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20177822,00.html

After Terminator 3, I can't say I'm too excited about this movie, especially as it's to be directed by McG, who gave us the Charlie's Angels monstrosities. But it'll be interesting to see two "alternative Bonds" in the same movie.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

McG, that's all that throws me off of this.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

stockslivevan wrote:McG, that's all that throws me off of this.
Maybe he'll discover the right medication for his ADHD, and learn to stay away from the Pop Rocks and Mountain Dew, in time to do a decent job of directing this movie. We can but hope.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

Kristatos wrote:
stockslivevan wrote:McG, that's all that throws me off of this.
Maybe he'll discover the right medication for his ADHD, and learn to stay away from the Pop Rocks and Mountain Dew, in time to do a decent job of directing this movie. We can but hope.
I can see it now. Christian Bale will be surfing with Terminator surfers chasing him. Why they are surfing doesn't matter, what matters is that they're shreddin' dude!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

stockslivevan wrote:Why they are surfing doesn't matter, what matters is that they're shreddin' dude!
Plots are for old people, dude.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

Kristatos wrote:
stockslivevan wrote:Why they are surfing doesn't matter, what matters is that they're shreddin' dude!
Plots are for old people, dude.
Ever seen Idiocracy?

"The years passed, mankind became stupider at a frightening rate. Some had high hopes the genetic engineering would correct this trend in evolution, but sadly the greatest minds and resources where focused on conquering hair loss and prolonging erections."
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I'm a little bored with Terminator. The first one is still far better than the subsequent incarnations, rather like the similar Robocop.

Seeing Worthington will be interesting.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:I'm a little bored with Terminator. The first one is still far better than the subsequent incarnations, rather like the similar Robocop.

Have you been watching The Sarah Connor Chronicles on TV? My opinion is that it's not as good as the first 2 films, but better than the third one.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Kristatos wrote:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:I'm a little bored with Terminator. The first one is still far better than the subsequent incarnations, rather like the similar Robocop.

Have you been watching The Sarah Connor Chronicles on TV? My opinion is that it's not as good as the first 2 films, but better than the third one.
No I have not. I'll see if it appears on a TV station near me soon
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Kristatos wrote:

I've seen it. I actually through the 3rd movie with her dead was an improvement. ;)
Crappy plot, crappy acting. Well that girl from firefly was interesting. But John COnner worried about attending school was unbelievable. Comeon that's not the John Conner from T2.
Still entertaining TV but not something I've rent or watch again, like I would any of the movies.

Plot for T4 seem interesting
plot is being kept under wraps, but Worthington is said to play Marcus, a key character in the three-picture arc that begins after Skynet has destroyed much of humanity in a nuclear holocaust. A group of survivors led by John Connor (Christian Bale) struggles to keep the machines from killing off the surviving humans.
I get tired of them trying to prevent the holocaust. I kinda liked that in T3 they finally embraced it.