The Last Movie You Watched

General Movie Discussions & Reviews
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The Last Movie You Watched

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:Red notice with Ryan Reynolds, the rock, Gal Gadot. It was actually pretty fun movie. Predictable but the action and location done on a Netflix budget make me wonder at the waste Hollywood has on most movie sets

Well never mind it cost $200 million , I stand corrected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I don't have a Netflix subscription sadly, but it does look fun.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

We also started the wheel of time on Amazon , not a movie but kind of drawn out LOTR feel to it.

Speaking of Amazon , the are rebooting the reacher series. Kind of see a theme here. Jack Ryan reboot, jack reacher reboot. Bond ??

............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

We watched Shang Chi on Disney plus when it released. Just getting to reviewing it now

Really good movie, some of the “we are Asian in the USA defying expectations” group think from Hollywood, maybe it’s not Hollywood but what the producer and directors felt was necessary.
Overall it was one of the better marvel stories, the main villain was actually likable, and the love story arc concerning him was better done than Star Wars or Harry Potter far as motivation for his actions goes. When I say likable I may mean understandable, yes he’s scary as hell and his kids are afraid of him. But his story is more fleshed out and sympathetic at times. Yes he was one of histories greatest monsters, but he also fell in love and was a decent father to a point, even after he was hell bent on revenge he kept looking out for his kids, even in the final battle with the real bad guy/ macguffin.

A ton of little callbacks to other marvel movies were fun as well. In fact what had upset people with iron man 3 was the complete let down of Ben Kingsley‘s Mandarin, they revisit it here

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Actually went to a theater for the first time since covid. Saw the new Spider-Man, nieces and nephews were out for the break and we were close to someplace with early showings so we all went. Had a blast.
Movie was a pay off for Spider-Man fans .

Not going to spoil it yet

Sandeep Jacobin
New Recruit
Favorite Bond Movie: Skyfall
Favorite Movies: An Inconvenient Truth, 1917

Post by Sandeep Jacobin »

During Holidays, I saw West Side Story and I will declare this is great film from Steven Spielberg. It's a shame that it fail so much in the box office. Maybe people did not realize this is modern version that emphasize justice and deep character so that it is more relevant with today. It talk about importance for social change, urban improvement, and cultural diversity. My non-binary friends really like the character Anybodys. This is insightful part of movie that show a transgender character. Movie remind us importance for learning other's differences and celebrate them.

I have also watched David Copperfield starring Dev Patel. He is a wonderful actor. Too bad he announce he will not play Bond. He was in other movie called The Wedding Guest and he play like an assassin. He look really good holding a gun and will have been excellent James Bond.

The other I recommend is new series Ann Boleyn. It is revolutionary filmmaking with black actress that play main character. Story is good and she really show us insight into the character.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Sandeep Jacobin wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:42 pm During Holidays, I saw West Side Story and I will declare this is great film from Steven Spielberg. It's a shame that it fail so much in the box office. Maybe people did not realize this is modern version that emphasize justice and deep character so that it is more relevant with today. It talk about importance for social change, urban improvement, and cultural diversity. My non-binary friends really like the character Anybodys. This is insightful part of movie that show a transgender character. Movie remind us importance for learning other's differences and celebrate them.

I have also watched David Copperfield starring Dev Patel. He is a wonderful actor. Too bad he announce he will not play Bond. He was in other movie called The Wedding Guest and he play like an assassin. He look really good holding a gun and will have been excellent James Bond.

The other I recommend is new series Ann Boleyn. It is revolutionary filmmaking with black actress that play main character. Story is good and she really show us insight into the character.
You would like The Larkins, the recent Darling Buds of May series on C5 which made several of the characters in the 1950s set series black. Also I believe they are making a new radical Anne of Green Gables adaption where Anne Shirley is played by an octopus.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Please don't feed the troll.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Sandeep Jacobin
New Recruit

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:51 pm
You would like The Larkins, the recent Darling Buds of May series on C5 which made several of the characters in the 1950s set series black. Also I believe they are making a new radical Anne of Green Gables adaption where Anne Shirley is played by an octopus.

Thank you for suggestion. I am not familiar with those movies. I will research and find out more, then I will report my findings to you.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Sandeep Jacobin wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:03 pm Thank you for suggestion. I am not familiar with those movies. I will research and find out more, then I will report my findings to you.
Try to contain your excitement, folks.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Eternals on Disney plus

Just awful. Worst marvel movie of the Kevin Feige era.

On paper it is has big ideas with lots of pays offs in Reality it was , putting it politely under developed, completely separate in a bad way from the rest of the Marvel universe.

There was meant to be emotional investment in each of the Characters but the execution was so lacking that we never actually cared what happened to any of these selfish people who whine about centuries of time and millennia of being young and healthy.

Sandeep Jacobin
New Recruit

So I learned Darling Buds of May is remake. I have not seen previous version but I watched new version. I will be honest, I find it boring, I did not take to the story. But good thing is it show a diverse cast. There is Asian mail man, black shop owner and Indian characters in the village in English countryside. Movie also move slow for me.
I have not seen Green Gables. Looks like this one is children story. I try to find it, there has been other versions and most recent is 2016. I try to find it for my nieces, maybe they will like it but my streaming service does not have it.
Sandeep Jacobin
New Recruit

Eternals for me was not a good movie. It is a shame because movie show excellent effects and Kumail Nanjiani is one of my favorite actors. Story was confusing for me. But in the character of Kingo I get reminded that Kumail Nanjiani would have made better Felix Liter than Jeffrey Wright. Jeffrey Wright is out of shape and getting old. Kumail is muscular and can also show humour.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Sandeep Jacobin wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:45 pm

So I learned Darling Buds of May is remake. I have not seen previous version but I watched new version. I will be honest, I find it boring, I did not take to the story. But good thing is it show a diverse cast. There is Asian mail man, black shop owner and Indian characters in the village in English countryside. Movie also move slow for me.
I have not seen Green Gables. Looks like this one is children story. I try to find it, there has been other versions and most recent is 2016. I try to find it for my nieces, maybe they will like it but my streaming service does not have it.
Sandeep, the BBC have a special evening of tv for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMHtqOqNLH0
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

The Eyes Of Tammy Faye, based on the life on Jim and Tammy Faye Baker.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Managed to sit through the Batman
Um, good Batman bad Bruce Wayne , decent cat woman but Batman and cat woman didn’t have any chemistry. He had no chemistry with the car, which was cool

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Watched the biopic Tolkien, with Nicholas Hoult in the title role, on TV last night. Though I'm a Tolkien fan, I found it rather dull. It simply retold events in Tolkien's early life without much attempt to show how they affected his work. There were a few parallels - the occasional CGI dragon superimposed over the Battle of the Somme, his companion in the trenches being called Sam, and a character dismissing Wagner with the line "it shouldn't take six hours to tell a story about a magic ring". But they felt tacked on to what is basically a low-stakes period drama.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Just watched uncharted. It was ok. But Sony basically made a Spider-Man heist movie. I wish they played the at least once game before writing the script

carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

This mural in Whitstable is still there and untouched.

Bring back Bond!
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Is that a green Craig and Babs screaming in the background

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Belfast, with Dame Judi Dench.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol: