General Movie Discussions & Reviews
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

The Dark Knight

Post by stockslivevan »

ImageImage
ImageImage

Out of all the movies I look forward to in 2008, this is the one I anticipate the most. But that's probably because we already have a trailer. :lol:
Last edited by stockslivevan on Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Looks good. we might go out to see it, but that depends on the whats happening next year.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The Dark Knight

Post by bjmdds »

stockslivevan wrote:ImageImageImageImage

Out of all the movies I look forward to in 2008, this is the one I anticipate the most. But that's probably because we already have a trailer. :lol:
The first one surprisingly underperformed at the box office, with a great Batman choice, yet a poor girlfriend in Katie. This one should do much better as should Norton's Hulk remake, over their first films. You are looking forward to The Dark Knight over The Bourne Mimicry with DC?
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

You are looking forward to The Dark Knight over The Bourne Mimicry with DC?
There is no movie titled "The Bourne Mimicry" starring Daniel Craig. I think you should correct yourself BJ, these false statements are becoming very tabloid-like. :)
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

Bootleg Trailer, watch it while you can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU9HHS1TfPg

July 18 still feels a long way. :(
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I've lot my appetite for this one. After Ledger died, I don;t know if I can seperate the two and enjoy the movie.
The speculation about the Joker haunting him after the shoot will keep on and become part of the movies legend
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

It does effect everyone's viewing of the film, but I'm one of those who seperates the art from the artist. From what I've seen in the trailers, Ledger is totally submerged in the character that I forget it's even him. If I never knew it was Ledger playing the role I wouldn't have even guessed right. I find it amazing that there's already oscar buzz and we're only two months away from actually seeing it.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I still need to see TDK.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I saw TDK yesterday. So good that I can sure see it again.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Going to see it on Saturday (my birthday!).
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

"Why so serious?"
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

FormerBondFan wrote:"Why so serious?"
That line alone makes me want to see it. From the context, you just know that Ledger's Joker is going to be utterly psychopathic and without remorse.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

You can barely recognize Ledger in that role.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Also Ledger's Joker laugh reminds me of the Joker laugh in the original Batman animated series.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

FormerBondFan wrote:Also Ledger's Joker laugh reminds me of the Joker laugh in the original Batman animated series.
Do you mean the Filmation series with Adam West and Burt Ward doing the voices of Batman and Robin, or the one from the late '80s/early '90s, with Mark Hamill as the Joker?
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Kristatos wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:Also Ledger's Joker laugh reminds me of the Joker laugh in the original Batman animated series.
Do you mean the Filmation series with Adam West and Burt Ward doing the voices of Batman and Robin, or the one from the late '80s/early '90s, with Mark Hamill as the Joker?
The one in the '90s with Hamill as the Joker.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

FormerBondFan wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
The one in the '90s with Hamill as the Joker.
Hamill's Joker was quite camp, though. From what I've seen of Ledger's performance, his take on the character looks very different.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Kristatos wrote:From what I've seen of Ledger's performance, his take on the character looks very different.
Ledger's performance could give kids nightmares IMO.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

FormerBondFan wrote:
Kristatos wrote:From what I've seen of Ledger's performance, his take on the character looks very different.
Ledger's performance could give kids nightmares IMO.
Maybe to really sensitive kids who never heard of Batman, because I know I wouldn't have been scared by Heath's Joker. Even at the age of six the gruesome portrayal of the Penguin from BATMAN RETURNS didn't scare me one bit.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Those who are scared of Ledger's Joker are mostly those who are scared of clowns. That's just my opinion though.