Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

The Simpsons Movie.

Post by Captain Nash »

Anyone excited about the thought of seeing The Simpsons on the big screen?

I can't wait. I think it'll be a hugely popular film of 2007. Or a giant flop.
Not long to wait now, but there doesn't seem to be so much buzz for this as I'd expect. What are your thoughts?
http://thecia.com.au/reviews/s/images/s ... ster-0.jpg
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

I haven't religiously watched the Simpsons since the late 90s. IMO, it's not as good as it was back then and is starting to feel like beating a dead horse.

However, I hope this film will be good enough, I mean it is the Simpsons on the big screen! To have them on the big screen DEMANDS it to be classic, I would hate to walk out feeling I just watched another average episode.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

stockslivevan wrote:I haven't religiously watched the Simpsons since the late 90s. IMO, it's not as good as it was back then and is starting to feel like beating a dead horse.

However, I hope this film will be good enough, I mean it is the Simpsons on the big screen! To have them on the big screen DEMANDS it to be classic, I would hate to walk out feeling I just watched another average episode.
I think the reason the TV show has sucked for the last couple of years is that their talent and energy was being channelled into the movie. Let's hope it's worth the effort.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
paco chaos
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by paco chaos »

this is one movie that I will want to like, but I haven't enjoyed the show in years. but I will go see it.