Vampire movies

General Movie Discussions & Reviews
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Vampire movies

Post by kater23 »

The one I always point people to(even if they're not asking about vampire movies specifically) is Let The Right One in. There's a new movie called A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night which is summed up thusly: An Iranian(thoiugh it was filmed in California!) Spaghetti Western vampire movie. SOLD. :cheers:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Re: Vampire movies

Post by James »

George Romero's Martin is a very offbeat and inventive take on the vampire myth.

"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Watch The Night Stalker from the 1970s, directed by Dan Curtis of the Dark Shadows tv soap opera. At the time of it's airing, it was the most watched tv movie ever :!: [video][/video]
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

bjmdds wrote:Watch The Night Stalker from the 1970s, directed by Dan Curtis of the Dark Shadows tv soap opera. At the time of it's airing, it was the most watched tv movie ever :!: [video][/video]
I should have chosen Carl Kolchak as my username.
Bring back Bond!
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

It might be a bit obvious, but come on....

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Prefer Christopher Lee myself.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

1. Lugosi
2. Palance
3. Kinski
4. Lee

Those are my favourite Draculas.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Slightly OT, but if anyone is interested, I have compiled a Spotify playlist of the work of James Bernard, the definitive Hammer composer:
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

No clue what the recent stories the trends are setting now. I read all the Ann Rice vampire series available at time enjoyed the movies, looking back I never bothered to watched them again. There was a gothy teen show about the same time base on a rpg game (I think).

Of course the classics are the best , them, and Mel Brooks Dracula Dead and loving it. Far as movies go I might take a chance on Dracula Untold, zombie movies I go no further than Sawn of the Dead

Recent trend have past me by, I know of Twilight and have abstained. Since I read more books; The Harry Dresden series has a mix of supernatural including vampire clans, a fun series, so-so writing but good fun.
Patricia Briggs, she writes a unban supernatural series as well, honestly she is such a good writer I can't put her books down. It hard to know how to debate books and writing styles, depending the topic fiction writers gets no respect. I doubt anyone will be surprised by the out comes, the characters, the cast of creatures although some of them are quite original. Patricia's writing style is so engaging, so well done, I find when I am in the grove of reading her books I can't put them down. Usually when I can juggle three different books, when I read her books I either read one book in a night or juggle / go between her series as I read.
For me it like finding a Ian Fleming or Rex Stout to read.

Other Vampire series I read recently was a short story series translated from Japanese. The twist on it was, althou it had the standard vampire tropes, in this series the original vampires were the 12 women followers of Jesus. Jesus ate his last supper but not with the women, the men were told to drink well I'm sure you remember. The females were jealous and sadden by Christ's death so went to the tomb rolled back the stone and defiled the body by drinking the blood. As it happen it was Easter morning and their lord had risen damning all 12 of the women.
It was a curious twist having a 'true blood' vampire who only fed on the suicidal, and constantly talk about the teachings of 'that guy'.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer