Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Re: Indiana Jones IV

Post by Dr. No »

I hope they never make it Indy 4 is bad enough I hate to think of what they woudl pull out of their asses for 5
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

What do you think of Indy 4, Doc?
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/06/08/in ... next-year/
'Indiana Jones 5' Takes Harrison Ford And Shia LaBeouf To Bermuda Triangle? Shoots Next Year?

Posted 6 hrs ago by Adam Rosenberg in News

Crack out your salt shakers, because you'll need to take this news with a mighty big grain. New Zealand outlet Stuff is reporting (via AICN) some news on the next "Indiana Jones" movie, including the first hard facts we've heard about what the story might entail and when production is expected to start.

Citing an unnamed source, Stuff reports that the George Lucas/Steven Spielberg-penned script is "almost there," and that the story will take Indiana (Harrison Ford) and his son Mutt (Shia LaBeouf) to the Bermuda Triangle. Even more encouraging -- again, if the source can be trusted -- is the final quote: "Shia LaBeouf has a central role again as Indy's son but this will be a blockbuster made in the old fashioned way rather than the CGI efforts of the last movie."

I'm torn about this news, or any news involving the future of "Indiana Jones." That series was an integral part of my childhood, and... well... "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" was a major letdown in some fundamental ways. I don't think it was the piece of garbage that some have labeled it to be, but the otherworldly twist at the end... oy.

That said, the 68-year-old star still has a knack for making Indiana's roguish good heart work on screen in a convincing way. Also, LaBeouf is a fine actor. And an honest one. It was just a few weeks ago that he fessed up to "Crystal Skull"'s inadequacy, willingly shouldering part of the blame. He also raised a few eyebrows by calling out Spielberg's own mistakes, but his words were genuine and clearly came from a place of love and respect. That whole crew deserves another crack at sending Ford's Indiana Jones into the sunset properly and entertainingly.

I'm not going to speculate on the Bermuda Triangle story possibilities, though it is certainly a ripe location for a treasure hunting adventure. It is encouraging to hear that the plan is to shift away from CG animation and back towards physical special effects. Again though... without an actual named source, it's hard to take this as anything more concrete than an encouraging rumor.

Rumor or not-- what's your take on the news?