Formative movie experiences

General Movie Discussions & Reviews
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Formative movie experiences

Post by kater23 »

As in: What was the first movie you saw that had an impact on you?

For me, it was Star Wars. :fight: I also saw Close Encounters(at the drive in, I believe-dating myself there :lol: ) around the same time(maybe slightly later-cut me some slack-I was only 6!)

I remember going to see Star Wars and standing in a long line to get in-the movie theater I saw it at is still there 30-something years later!
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Formative movie experiences

Post by Kristatos »

kater23 wrote: I remember going to see Star Wars and standing in a long line to get in-the movie theater I saw it at is still there 30-something years later!
Same here, but it's a shadow of its former self now. The Odeon in Bristol was one of those magnificent art deco picture palaces built during the golden age of cinema. The rot had already started to set in by the time I started going to the movies, as it had already been subdivided into 3 screens by that point. But screen 1 still had a huge auditorium, with a grand circle. It closed down in the '80s and reopened a couple of years later as studio-style cinemas above a clothing store. I think Return of the Jedi was the last film I saw there before it closed, and AVTAK was the first film I saw when it reopened.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

The Carry On films!
Bring back Bond!
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Star Wars had a major impact on me as well. Jaws, Close Encounters, and Indiana Jones changed completely how I looked at movies. Truly a shame Cubby never gave Steven a shot. However by most stories Cubby's blind rejection gave birth to Indiana Jones. Which in turn nearly derail the franchise in 1989, humm , not sure where I was going with this. Maybe the lesson should be not to snub up and coming director who might in turn create a rival. :?
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

My brothers and I weren't allowed to watch Jaws when we were kids because we lived within walking distance of the beach and my parents were afraid we'd get freaked out and never want to go to the beach ever again! :lol:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol: