November Man (Presumably 2014)

General Movie Discussions & Reviews
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

November Man (Presumably 2014)

Post by John P. Drake »

It was long before when Pierce Brosnan, one of the greatest 007 actors, revealed that he would like to make a movie centered on Bill Granger's spy franchise, November Man, and he acquired the rights to make films based on the franchise in 2006, owned by his Irish Dream Time Productions he formed back in the 1990s with Beau St. Clair. In 2012, he finally announced that he will be making his November Man movie sooner than later, which will be based on Granger's seventh novel There Are No Spies that he wrote in 1987. It was reported that Dominic Cooper might have joined the project to co-star alongside Brosnan but walked away shortly afterwards for unknown reasons. It was also reported that Roger Donaldson will be directing the action thriller, who is close friends with Brosnan himself, and previously worked with him in Dante's Peak. In 2013, Brosnan revealed that Olga Kurylenko will be playing the leading lady in the movie, while Luke Bracey will be playing one of the antagonists and Bill Smitrovich will be playing the head of CIA. The plot shows that a retired CIA agent, Peter Devereaux (codename: November Man) is forced to come back for one more mission where he finds himself up against a former protege. Currently, November Man is filming in Eastern Europe, mainly Serbia. Let's hope this movie puts Brosnan's GoldenEye into shame, because he deserves the best. No specific release date is given but speculation say it will be released in 2014.

Please like the movie's Facebook page here:
https://www.facebook.com/NovemberManTheMovie
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Re: November Man (Presumably 2014)

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Looking forward to this. Has anyone told FBF about this? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Both FBF and I are moderating the Facebook page of the film.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

2014 looks pretty booked. For a movie with franchise potential, there's no way NM is going to reach the #1 status if released next year. If released in 2014, September or October are the best options. Otherwise, it would have to wait until the year after and leave The Coup for next year.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

From what I know, the movie is gonna be released in November 2014.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

John P. Drake wrote:From what I know, the movie is gonna be released in November 2014.
I don't think it's going to achieve the #1 status on the opening weekend here in the US if released in November of next year.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

FormerBondFan wrote:
John P. Drake wrote:From what I know, the movie is gonna be released in November 2014.
I don't think it's going to achieve the #1 status on the opening weekend here in the US if released in November of next year.
Same as I thought, but it looks like we don't have low-profile people handling the project. There's Roger Donaldson who did Species, then Marco Beltrami who'll compose the soundtrack, he first did Resident Evil (good movie), Max Payne (the rubbish movie, though the picture name was big), xXx: State of Union (awesome movie!) and the latest two installments in Die Hard series. Then, we have John Gilbert as the editor, and that tells us something. Not to mention, the cast names are big as well. Pierce Brosnan, best known for being Bond (yea yea, I know), Olga Kurylenko who appeared in Hitman (meh!), Quantum of Solace (where's my barf bag?!), Seven Psychopaths (funny one), Max Payne (yep, the same crap), and Oblivion with Tom Cruise. Then, we have Bill Smitrovich who was the main villain in the first Iron Man movie, and then Luke Bracey, who played Kobra Commander in GI Joe Retaliation (awesome movie!). I think it's going to be gaining fame.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

NM needs to be a comeback for Pierce as well as pinning GE to submission in every department.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

FormerBondFan wrote:NM needs to be a comeback for Pierce as well as pinning GE to submission in every department.
It'll be impossible to surpass GoldenEye, because that movie has left a lot of impact on the audience not to mention was a huge commercial success. November Man may become very successful, as well, but it'll be hard for it to overcome GoldenEye. I don't know though. Miracles do happen.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I can't find a release date for it on Box Office Mojo or IMDb (the latter gives the date as 13th November 2014 in the Netherlands, but does not have dates for any other country).
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Kristatos wrote:I can't find a release date for it on Box Office Mojo or IMDb (the latter gives the date as 13th November 2014 in the Netherlands, but does not have dates for any other country).
Brosnan revealed on his Instagram that the movie will be released sometime in 2014. No further information was given.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

John P. Drake wrote:
Kristatos wrote:I can't find a release date for it on Box Office Mojo or IMDb (the latter gives the date as 13th November 2014 in the Netherlands, but does not have dates for any other country).
Brosnan revealed on his Instagram that the movie will be released sometime in 2014. No further information was given.
Probably means the date hasn't been fixed yet. I'd take that Netherlands date with a pinch of salt. IMDb is not a reliable source and it seems a bit weird to set a date for one relatively minor market (no offence to Dutch readers intended) and nowhere else.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Kristatos wrote:
John P. Drake wrote:
Probably means the date hasn't been fixed yet. I'd take that Netherlands date with a pinch of salt. IMDb is not a reliable source and it seems a bit weird to set a date for one relatively minor market (no offence to Dutch readers intended) and nowhere else.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
Agreed. A release date isn't fixed yet, as you said. I don't think the Netherlands release date is an actual one because you can't trust IMDB as they could do anything with the film's database.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

John P. Drake wrote: Agreed. A release date isn't fixed yet, as you said. I don't think the Netherlands release date is an actual one because you can't trust IMDB as they could do anything with the film's database.
If it was a Dutch film, I might be more inclined to believe it. As it is, it seems a bit random.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Kristatos wrote:
John P. Drake wrote: Agreed. A release date isn't fixed yet, as you said. I don't think the Netherlands release date is an actual one because you can't trust IMDB as they could do anything with the film's database.
If it was a Dutch film, I might be more inclined to believe it. As it is, it seems a bit random.
Agreed.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

John P. Drake wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:NM needs to be a comeback for Pierce as well as pinning GE to submission in every department.
It'll be impossible to surpass GoldenEye, because that movie has left a lot of impact on the audience not to mention was a huge commercial success. November Man may become very successful, as well, but it'll be hard for it to overcome GoldenEye. I don't know though. Miracles do happen.
GE is going to have to surrender its throne in every department sooner or later.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

FormerBondFan wrote:
John P. Drake wrote:
GE is going to have to surrender its throne in every department sooner or later.
It will. Just be patient, my friend.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

John P. Drake wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
John P. Drake wrote:
It will. Just be patient, my friend.
18 years and it's WAAAAYYYY overdue, especially for someone who is the best and popular Bond since Sean as well as represented the younger audience in the modern world after the Cold War ended. If any of his future non-Bonds surpasses any of his Bonds (or even better, Mamma Mia), this will prove that he's more than just Bond in the eyes of the general public and that he's not limited to the world's iconic spy (especially in the action realm).
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

I'd drink to that.