The Avengers

General Movie Discussions & Reviews
commander0077again
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS YOLT GOLDFINGER LALD FYEO GOLDENEYE
Favorite Movies: OUR MAN FLINT THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD/ERROL FLYNN CASABLANCA ZORRO FILMS / TV SHOW

The Avengers

Post by commander0077again »

I always like a movie better the second time around. I've just seen The Avengers, and give it a solid four of five stars. Its strongest suit was, of course, the action blended with character development. Captain America was a standout, would've been more effective if there was a little more focus on his returning to the present age. Didn't like the non-mask look, it'd be like Batman in action without his mask, or Craig .... oh, sorry, he does wear a monkey mask :oops:
Saw it in 2-D cause I haven't been too impressed with 3D, plus I heard in 3D some of the effects suffer depth perception. Wasn't much impressed with Nick Fury, bald and in a silly black leather coat? Also, the real Nick Fury wouldn't have lied to his team just to motivate them. I can see the bumCraig-'Bond' doing that. One of the best scenes is when Loki, the baddie, is about to kill an elderly German for standing up to him. The Capt. leaps in, and takes the blast with his very cool shield, and throws down a challenge mentioning a certain other tyrant in Germany. The threat wasn't very original, though; ditto for the music. The Avengers need a theme, and a real score. This one was 2.5 out of 5. Really bland. However, I'm sure I'll like everything more next time. Always happened with the real Bonds.
You move very well for a dead man, Mister Bond

Kill him!
Kill Bond! Now!!!
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The Avengers

Post by Omega »

Great movie :cheers:
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The Avengers

Post by Kristatos »

Just saw it. It was entertaining enough, lots of action punctuated by characteristically Whedonesque dialogue, but it all seemed a bit empty, just fight-wisecrack-fight-wisecrack-rinse and repeat. I was never bored, but neither did I particularly care about any of it.

Rating: 4/10
2D or 3D: 2D*

*=by which I mean that if you have a choice, stick to 2D. I saw it in 3D, but I didn't feel it particularly added anything to the film.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig