2011 Oscar nominations

General Movie Discussions & Reviews
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

2011 Oscar nominations

Post by Kristatos »

From Box Office Mojo

The link goes to the list by movie, but you can go to the category list by clicking on the relevant tab. The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn got a single nomination, for Best Original Score. Time to send in Carrot Top as Sakharine in the next Tintin film?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Re: 2011 Oscar nominations

Post by FormerBondFan »

Kristatos wrote:From Box Office Mojo

The link goes to the list by movie, but you can go to the category list by clicking on the relevant tab.
I wish DH2 got more than 3 nominations, but at least it's a tie with SS.
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

I'm please Oldman got a nomination. I wrote an article on the Brits reaction - http://www.filmnav.co.uk/2012/01/24/bri ... he-oscars/
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Hugo? Why on the list?
katied

Post by katied »

The Sweeney wrote:I'm please Oldman got a nomination. I wrote an article on the Brits reaction - http://www.filmnav.co.uk/2012/01/24/bri ... he-oscars/
D@mn straight. I've been a fan of Gary's for years. i've seen pretty much everything he's done, and I even like a few of the crappy movies he's done(The Fifth Element especially.I have a soft spot for that movie.What can I say?)
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

katied wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:I'm please Oldman got a nomination. I wrote an article on the Brits reaction - http://www.filmnav.co.uk/2012/01/24/bri ... he-oscars/
D@mn straight. I've been a fan of Gary's for years. i've seen pretty much everything he's done, and I even like a few of the crappy movies he's done(The Fifth Element especially.I have a soft spot for that movie.What can I say?)
He is a interesting actor that is for sure, bad guy in fifth element and Chief Gordon in Batman almost unrecognizable as each character.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Dr. No wrote:
katied wrote:
He is a interesting actor that is for sure, bad guy in fifth element and Chief Gordon in Batman almost unrecognizable as each character.
And he was Sirius Black (of HP) also.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Hugo? Why on the list?
Not only on the list, but topping the list with 11 nominations. I haven't seen it, but a lot of people seem to love it.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

My brother and his kids saw Hugo and said it was really good.