Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Night at the Museum

Post by Dr. No »

Night at the Museum
Like Small Soldiers or Indian in the Cupboard. Only less original and entertaining. This worldwide blockbuster (500 + million I think) is a so so movie event.
Standard fare for a Ben Stiller movie, poor slub can't find his way, everything goes wrong, then he get his act together and things inexplicably go right :?
OK a lot like CR in that regard ;)

I won't ruin any surprises by leaving a spoiler laden review, but the special effect are very nice, the logic behind the story is fuzzy. You have to go along with it and not ask why too often.
In the end it was enjoyable and not waste of money, the kids loved it. Really loved it, they laughed and laughed at the monkey (I think it's the same d**n monkey from the Pirates movies.)
Night at the Museum is a good clean movie that is kid safe and enjoyable (enough) for the rest of the family. The parts that look like they are going to be scary, have a very quick turn around. I enjoyed watching Dick Van Dike and Micky Rooney's performance, comedy gold. No idea Rooney was still alive :) Maybe it's the Museum ;)
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

I thought it was an entertaining, good quality film that the whole family could enjoy.
A good film to sit down and watch together of a weekend.