oscartheman
Agent

The A-Team

Post by oscartheman »

Too much sex and violence :shock: sounds good :cheers:

Mr T slams A-Team film for too much sex, violence
ANI
Tuesday, June 8, 2010 14:32 IST

Melbourne: Hollywood actor Mr. T has lashed out at movie A-Team, accusing it of having too much sex and violence.

Mr. T played BA Baracus in the original hit TV show in the 1980s. He refused to appear in a cameo role in the new movie.

The new film stars Liam Neeson, Jessica Biel and Bradley Cooper, reports The Daily Telegraph.

The 58-year-old actor was shocked with the graphic violence and obscenity in a preview of the A-Team movie.

"People die in the film and there's plenty of sex but when we did it, no one got hurt and it was all played for fun and family entertainment," Mr T said.

"These seem to be elements nobody is interested in anymore. It was too graphic for me. I've no doubt it will do big business at the box office but it's nothing like the show we turned out every week," he added.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The A-Team

Post by Kristatos »

What rating is the movie?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

PG-13 I was just looking that up. This may be one I see in the theaters. Would like to be able to take my kids but... Maybe me and the Mrs will see it first and if it is OK then we do a Fathers Day family trip out of it :)
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

Looks pretty terrible to be honest. :lol: I'll see The Expendables looks like a better tribute to B-Movie action films.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

If it's only PG-13, the sex and violence can't be that graphic.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

stockslivevan wrote:Looks pretty terrible to be honest. :lol: I'll see The Expendables looks like a better tribute to B-Movie action films.
Have you seen the A-team :lol: the van was different every other show, some times a very old van paint to look right would appear right before they plunge off a dock. I could tell when the MPs were about to have bad wrecks because all the cars were suddenly early 1970's four doors :lol:The trailer looks to be closer to the spirit of teh show than I thought they could manage. Maybe you are right maybe it will stink
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

I thought the original show was terrible, but not as bad as the film looks. It's like Charlie's Angels all over again.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

stockslivevan wrote:I thought the original show was terrible, but not as bad as the film looks. It's like Charlie's Angels all over again.
The Dukes of Hazzards is even worse though I haven't seen it.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

FormerBondFan wrote:
stockslivevan wrote:I thought the original show was terrible, but not as bad as the film looks. It's like Charlie's Angels all over again.
Which one there have been like a dozen Dukes movies truing to restart the series all of them bad. The one with Jessica Simpson?
............ :007:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Omega wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
Which one there have been like a dozen Dukes movies truing to restart the series all of them bad. The one with Jessica Simpson?
Yes. The one with Jessica Simpson.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

FormerBondFan wrote:
The show or the film? I don't see the difference really. :lol:

What's next, CHIPS? BJ & THE BEAR?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

stockslivevan wrote: What's next, CHIPS? BJ & THE BEAR?
There was a BJ and the Bear movie, with the Greg Evigan role played by Clint Eastwood, though for some reason they turned the chimp into an orangutang :wink:
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Me and the Mrs went to a early showing while the kids were busy with other activities. Funyy how they had always wanted up around but now if we stay it is embasassing to them, what about embarassing to me, "hey you missed that kick! It was wide open!" ;) :lol:

The A-team, I liked it. Liked it a lot. :happy spin: It is violent but there is not much in the way of blood or gore. Profanity is at a minimum. The action scenes were a little choppy but I wasn't really bothered by them and it normally does. But the important part is they didn't screw up the A-Team, they were true to the spirit of the original show if you don't like the a-team then obviously the movie isn't for you but if you do like the show then the movie has a lot of promis. I had a blast it was one of the best times I've had at the movies in a long time, really just set back and let the story happen, its crazy, over the top but in the rules of the movie it all works. If you want to enjoy a rip roaring good time this is it.

I also like how they explain BAs fear of flying. A few things I might change but overall it good and we'll be going as a fathers day trip. My kids have grown up with the A_team reruns, really most modern TV isn't as kid friendly so I expect they'll enjoy it as well.