Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

General Movie Discussions & Reviews
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Post by FormerBondFan »

DH1 just surpassed POA's domestic gross.
emavatson
New Recruit

Post by emavatson »

I enjoyed Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows with my friends and got it superb. Movie was really fantastic and Harry and his friends gave his best as they always did .
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

emavatson wrote:I enjoyed Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows with my friends and got it superb. Movie was really fantastic and Harry and his friends gave his best as they always did .
Welcome to the forum!
Bring back Bond!
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

DH1 has now surpassed POA's worldwide gross.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

We know Part 1 is approximately 148 minutes. As for Part 2, how long will it be? I hope it doesn't become the shortest of all HP films.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

FormerBondFan wrote:We know Part 1 is approximately 148 minutes. As for Part 2, how long will it be? I hope it doesn't become the shortest of all HP films.
Well, they've just finished doing reshoots on it, I believe, so it'll be a while before they have a running time. The film has to be edited first.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I hope they added scenes from the 1st half of book 7 and even the previous books that were not yet appeared on screen.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

FormerBondFan wrote:I hope they added scenes from the 1st half of book 7 and even the previous books that were not yet appeared on screen.
Dunno about the previous books, but it wouldn't surprise me if unfilmed scenes from the first half ended up in the second film, given that the break between parts 1 and 2 came some two-thirds of the way through the book.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Kristatos wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:I hope they added scenes from the 1st half of book 7 and even the previous books that were not yet appeared on screen.
Dunno about the previous books, but it wouldn't surprise me if unfilmed scenes from the first half ended up in the second film, given that the break between parts 1 and 2 came some two-thirds of the way through the book.
Part 1 covers
Spoiler
the first 24 chapters
of the book while Part 2 covers
Spoiler
the remaining 12 chapters along with the epilogue
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

FormerBondFan wrote: Part 1 covers
Spoiler
the first 24 chapters
of the book while Part 2 covers
Spoiler
Which is what I said.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Compare to their movie versions, the book versions of TTT and ROTK (if you don't count the appendix) are shorter than FOTR. The later 2 films of LOTR trilogy were greatly expanded. And with Part 2 covering
Spoiler
, I just hope it's expanded just like TTT and ROTK did for LOTR.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I suspect the Battle of Hogwarts will go on much longer in the film than in the book.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

DH1 is now the 3rd highest grossing movie of 2010.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/d ... amed-66273
'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2' Named Most-Anticipated Film of 2011
10:15 PM 12/28/2010 by THR staff report

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 is the most-anticipated movie of 2011 among both men and women, according to a Fandango.com poll of over 1,000 people conducted over the Christmas holiday, reports Reuters. The final film in the Harry Potter franchise is due July 15.

Second choice with theatergoers was divided by gender, with women preferring The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1, due Nov. 18, and men anticipating the comedy sequel The Hangover Part 2, which lands in theaters on May 26.

Other notables mentioned in the poll are Black Swan's Natalie Portman, who was named by male voters as cinema's sexiest actress, while women cast their vote for bilingual big screen siren Penelope Cruz. Angelina Jolie landed in second place with both sexes.

Jolie's The Tourist co-star Johnny Depp was voted the No. 1 sexiest man in movies among men and women. Following close behind as the male respondents' choice leading man is Ryan Reynolds, while women went with Robert Downey, Jr.
I'll make Potter the top priority in 2011, and I hope you guys are with me on this.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

http://hollywoodcrush.mtv.com/2010/12/3 ... ilms-2011/
Our Top 5 Films For 2011: 'Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 2' Conjures Up The No. 1 Spot!

Posted 3 hrs ago by Terri Schwartz in Movies

Does it come as any surprise that "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" is the film we're most looking forward to in 2011? Well, it shouldn't. Even though we love ourselves some "Twilight" and are really excited about "Breaking Dawn: Part 1," it just couldn't rival the franchise-concluding (not to mention era-ending) "Deathly Hallows: Part 2." There's no more "Potter" at all after that. (The video games don't count, sorry guys.)

It doesn't hurt that "Part 2" contains all the best parts of the "Deathly Hallows" storyline. There are dragons, make-outs, exciting flashback revelations and that whole final battle scene to look forward to. That, and the fact that many of our favorite deceased "Potter" characters are going to be making cameo appearances in the film. We missed you, Sirius Black!

"Harry Potter" has changed the world as we know it over the past decade...well, at least the way Hollywood treats teen audiences and young adult novels. Hey, we like to read! We'll go crazy passionate for stuff we love! We're an untapped resource that will buy all of your silly merchandise and wait in line until midnight to get the latest copy of our favorite book or DVD! If you adapt a popular young adult franchise, it will make billions!

It's actually a bit depressing to think that by this time next year, all the "Harry Potter" films that (hopefully) will ever be released will have already hit theaters, but at least "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" promises to go out with a bang. Everything in the eight-film-long series has been building up to this point, and there are a lot of culminating scenes to look forward to. Harry and Voldemort finally duke it out? Check. We find out whether Snape is good or evil? Check. Hermione and Ron finally kiss? Well, you'll have to wait to find that out.

By completing this series with all the original main actors still in place (with the exception of the deceased Richard Harris, of course), and the popularity of the recent films being on par with that of the first few back in the early 2000s, the "Harry Potter" film franchise is the crowning achievement of what movies are capable of. It will be hard to say goodbye to the series that has grown so close to all our hearts, but there's also a certain joy to be able to know that we were there when the pop-culture event of our generation took place.

What is the movie you're most looking forward to in 2011?
The movie I'm most looking forward to in 2011 is Harry Potter, of course.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

According to Box Office Mojo, DH1 has surpassed COS' and GOF's worldwide gross as well as the $900 million mark.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

DH1 is now the 12th highest grossing movie worldwide. And I still don't understand why the movie went down in a big drop twice after its opening weekend. It's the finale, for goodness sake. If the final Potter installment isn't the top grosser of 2011, I would eat my socks.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

DH1 has entered the Top 10 grossing movies worldwide.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

never doubted it for a moment ;) :cheers:
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

DH2 deserves a lot more than just becoming the top grosser of 2011.