Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

General Movie Discussions & Reviews
caseyjames
New Recruit

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Post by caseyjames »

FormerBondFan wrote:And there's a lot of deaths going on in the book. I assume the movie would get the PG-13 rating.
I still havent seen it..its out of the movies already.. :(
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Deathly Hallows 1's international gross has now surpass Sorcerer's Stone's.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

4 more days until Potter's journey ends.

Be sure to buy tickets for this true escapism.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/07 ... e-release/

'Harry Potter' tickets sell out a week before release

July 7th, 2011
06:25 PM ET

After 10 years, the end of "Harry Potter's" cinematic tale has arrived. Fans packed into London's Trafalgar Square on Thursday for the world premiere, and the cast talked to CNN about what it was like to say goodbye to the long-running franchise.

If you're planning on seeing "Potter" stateside on July 15, check to make sure there's still a ticket available at a showing near you. Online retailer Fandango reports that the site has already sold out of more than 2,000 showings across the U.S., from "Anchorage, Alaska to Sunrise, Florida," according to a statement. So far, it's Fandango's fastest selling movie. (Surprise, surprise.)

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" opens July 15. You can catch a sneak peek of never before seen footage during Larry King's "Harry Potter" special this Sunday, July 10 at 8 p.m. ET. Don't forget to send in any questions you have for the cast via iReport by Friday, July 8 at noon, and you could see the answer on CNN.com.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I'm going the day after my birthday (July 27th), so I can take advantage of Orange's 2 for 1 Wednesdays.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I expect to hear report from FBF right after midnight on how the movie was, :wink: we will probably go next weekend unless some how we find a way to go this weekend. Maybe skip church and go to an early Sunday showing that is about the only time on opening weekend that the crowed would be manageable
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

The finale is the best fantasy movie ever since LOTR 3. I'm going to see it again today.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I don't knwo about that. I kinda thought Narnia.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I don't knwo about that I kinda thought Narnia.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I just went to fandango website earlier to look up some of the theaters around where I live, and I noticed that HP 7.2 has more screening than Capt America.
CaptainLewis
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye
O.H.M.S.S.
Favorite Movies: Alien & Aliens
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

I watched it last week and I thought it was good. Though the rows in front squealed and cried during the film. I was annoyed that they left some parts of the book out.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

It was good fun. They would remake them all just to get what was left out.
think they would have made a lot more 2 parters is they got teh idea earlier then they might of got more of the books in the movie.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

If they wanted to produce remakes far closer to the books (afterall A LOT got left out) it would probably be best to do a TV series, 13 episodes a season. One of the major obstacles of adapting the Potter films was telling stories that spanned a whole school year in a two and a half hour film.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

HP film series may not be perfect, but it's too much of a landmark to be remade.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I saw it last night. I'll put my thoughts in spoiler tags for the benefit of those who haven't seen it yet.
Spoiler
Yes, they left a lot out (the Carrows were barely in it), but it didn't feel as rushed as some of the other adaptations. I was rather glad they left out the part about Harry having to use all three unforgivable curses. Harry in the book using the Cruciatus curse just felt wrong to me. My main complaint was that they didn't make much of an effort to make the actors look older for the epilogue. If they can make Winona Ryder look like an old lady in Edward Scissorhands, I'm sure they could have done a better job of making Dan Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Tom Felton and TF's girlfriend (who played his wife) look middle-aged.
One other thing, I'd advise going to see it in 2D. The 3D didn't really add anything except making my eyes water.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that one of the ads before the movie started had the red and yellow M&Ms presenting a fake entertainment news show with real movie news headlines scrolling in a news ticker at the bottom of the screen. One of them was 'Bond' to return in October 2012. Yes, they actually put 'Bond' in quote marks! Fess up, which DCINBer sneaked into the advertising agency and sabotaged their news ticker? :cheers: Wish I could find a screencap for you.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Potter has crossed the $1 billion mark worldwide, and it hasn't even opened in China yet.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Looks like, as I predicted, Harry is firmly outgrossing Captain America outside the US.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Kristatos wrote:Looks like, as I predicted, Harry is firmly outgrossing Captain America outside the US.
How did Captain Am do outside the US? One Problem I had with it is I saw a poster of him looking suspiciously like Captain Jack Harkness!
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Blowfeld wrote:
Kristatos wrote:Looks like, as I predicted, Harry is firmly outgrossing Captain America outside the US.
How did Captain Am do outside the US?
OK, but not in Potter's league. I suspect that the very name Captain America means that the film's appeal is mostly domestic, whereas Harry is loved worldwide.