The Dark Knight returns on July 20, 2012

General Movie Discussions & Reviews
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

The Dark Knight returns on July 20, 2012

Post by FormerBondFan »

http://www.hollywoodchicago.com/news/10 ... l-batman-3
Official Release Date of July 20, 2012 Set For ‘The Dark Knight’ Sequel ‘Batman 3’

Submitted by HollywoodChicago.com on May 2, 2010 - 11:44am.

CHICAGO – While the highly anticipated sequel to the box office-obliterating film “The Dark Knight” is already known by many tentative names (“Batman 3,” “Untitled Batman Project,” “The Dark Knight Returns,” etc.), one fact is now true as of April 30, 2010: its release date on July 20, 2012, according to an announcement by Warner Bros. on that day.

When “The Dark Knight” filmed in Chicago, HollywoodChicago.com was one of the best places on or off the Web to comprehensively learn about everything related to the film from its filming to its viral networking. For the upcoming 2012 film, we’ll be your Bible again. Want proof? Hit this link. It’s one of the best links on the Internet about “The Dark Knight,” which hit theaters on July 18, 2008. For “Batman 3” coverage and more, tune into HollywoodChicago.com and tell your friends!

“The Dark Knight” stars Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Aaron Eckhart, Michael Caine, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, Cillian Murphy, Eric Roberts, Chin Han, Anthony Michael Hall, Eric Roberts, Ritchie Coster, Nestor Carbonell, Ron Dean and Monique Gabriela Curnen from director Christopher Nolan and writers Christopher Nolan and Jonathan Nolan.

Heath Ledger stars as the Joker in “The Dark Knight”.

“The Dark Knight” opened in theaters to a record-smashing $158.4 million, which has yet to be beaten in an opening weekend. The film raked in $533.4 million by the conclusion of its box-office run, which made it only the second film to ever cross the $500 million mark at the time. Since then, “Avatar” also did so. Globally, “The Dark Knight” has earned just in excess of $1 billion, which puts it in the league of top-five films of all time. The film had a production budget of $185 million.

“The Dark Knight” won two Oscars and garnered another 79 wins and 61 nominations. The academy gave golden Oscar statues to the late Heath Ledger for his supporting performance as the Joker and to Richard King for best sound editing. For the tentatively titled “Batman 3” film, we have official confirmation about the following information:

1. The new “Batman 3” will again be directed by Christopher Nolan (“The Dark Knight,” “The Prestige,” “Batman Begins,” “Insomnia,” “Memento” and the upcoming 2010 film “Inception”).

2. The screenplay for “Batman 3” will again be written by Jonathan Nolan (“The Dark Knight”). David S. Goyer gets a screenplay credit this time. He wrote the story for “The Dark Knight”.

3. So far, we know about the following four return casting selections for “Batman 3”: Christian Bale (as Bruce Wayne and Batman), Gary Oldman (as Commissioner Gordon), Morgan Freeman (as Lucius Fox) and Michael Caine (as Alfred).

4. Benjamin Melniker and Michael E. Uslan are executive producers. Christopher Nolan, Charles Roven and Emma Thomas are producers.

5. Wally Pfister returns as cinematographer.

6. Nathan Crowley returns as production designer.

7. Lindy Hemming returns as costume designer.

8. Christopher Nolan is currently in post-production on “Inception”. There currently isn’t an official title for “The Dark Knight” sequel or start date for filming.

9. “The Dark Knight” opened on July 18, 2008 and “Inception” debuts July 16, 2010.

10. The new “Batman 3” film will debut in conventional and IMAX theaters almost exactly four years after “The Dark Knight” opened.

11. The summer of 2012 is shaping up to be a major geek movie season. Marvel’s “The Avengers” is set for May 4, “Madagascar 3” is coming on May 18, board-game adaptation “Battleship” is set for May 25, “Brave” from Disney/Pixar is set for June 15, the “Star Trek” sequel is coming on June 29, the rebooted “Spider-Man” is set for July 3 and “Batman 3” is slated for July 20.

HollywoodChicago.com on Sept. 12, 2009 already had fan-made posters for “Batman 3”. For new “Batman 3” news, tune into HollywoodChicago.com early and often. You can bet that it’ll be here!

FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Re: The Dark Knight returns on July 20, 2012

Post by FormerBondFan »

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman_mo ... s/?a=17727
What do we want from Batman 3?

Now that we have a release date for Batman 3... What do we want to see in the next installment

With the next installment of Batman a little over two years away. what is it that we would like to see in the next movie. Such as Villains, possible love interests, cameos, etc.

ThaBatman- There are quite a few things that I would like to see in the next installment. Obviously the return of Wayne Manor and the Batcave. A new batmobile.. preferably this one that I saw in someones Fancast a while back.. sorry i forgot who posted it

Batman has many other vehicles at his disposal.

I know a lot of you will disagree with me on this one, but I would like to see Robin or at least Dick Grayson in the next one (I am a huge Nightwing fan, hints the Tv show fan cast) and also possibly a mention on Barbara Gordon from The Commissioner.

now for love interest.. maybe Talia Al Ghul or Selina Kyle... Although we have seen the story of Bruce Wayne/Batman and Selina Kyle/Catwoman love life, which i dont know if we should repeat. Im sure if they do decide to do this again, then they will bring in another Villain and not The Penguin. I saw maybe Talia Al Ghul. possibly because im watch Batman Begins as im typing this or just the fact that I would like to see her want to take revenge because of what happened to her father.

Maybe by taking an idea out of the Spider-man 3 movie and attack his heart. Try to get Bruce to fall in love with her and then reveal who she really is. maybe not. that could be one of the reasons that Spider-man 3 failed.. focusing to much on love. And if not either one of those two. Why not just go ahead and bring in Vickie Vale

Now for other Villains, I would love to see Johnny Depp as the Riddler,
but truthfully The Riddler isn't much of a challenge for The Dark Knight..
Batman should have a physical challenge in the next movie. Maybe Bane. Bane was a GENIUS, one of Batman's smartest enemies and "Batman and Robin" made him this idiot whom was Poison Ivy's lackey?
^ sucked

Bane broke Batman's BACK!

Now im not saying this should happen in the movie, but just maybe he should be a villain.

Maybe the Black Mask, The penguin, maybe Two-face is really in Arkham (could return), Deadshot, and many others. Batman has a lot of villains that could be seen in the next Batman.

Cameos. As I stated earlier I was watching Batman Begins, never really paid much attention to the fact that Victor Zsasz has a small cameo in the movie.
For Batman 3, maybe The Penguin could have a small cameo or atleast state that he does exist. Batman could be driving through town in and pass by the Iceberg Lounge.

As for Batman himself, Batman isn't much of a detective and Genius as he should be in the Nolan series. Batman usually goes to Lucius Fox for things that are needed instead of creating them himself. He should go to Fox every now and then, but not for everything that is needed. I like the fact the he re engineered the bullet himself in TDK. but other than that i cant really think of anything from the series he has done him self.

I want to see a more athletic Batman and one with more fighting moves. Batman knows multiple forms of martial arts, but keeps using the same moves in this series. Batman has a lot more Gadgets and he needs to use his Detective skills and also more silent takedowns. (I know im talking like this is for Arkaham Asylum 2)
Just things I would like to see in this next movie.

Let me know what you think and what you want to see
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

http://www.hollywoodchicago.com/news/86 ... pher-nolan
Fan-Made, Fake Posters For ‘The Dark Knight Returns’ or ‘Untitled Batman Project’

Submitted by HollywoodChicago.com on September 12, 2009 - 2:50am.

CHICAGO – There was talk of a sequel even before “The Dark Knight” hit theaters and obliterated box-office records. That’s all we still have at this point, but we also have a pair of decent, fan-made posters for “The Dark Knight” sequel.

Though IMDb lists the poster above in its entry for the next “The Dark Knight” film, which is currently being called “The Dark Knight Returns” or the “Untitled Batman Project,” this imageis a fan-made creation and can be found in this GameSpot discussion thread on Aug. 30, 2008.
Image credit: GameSpot discussion thread

Though so much of the project is still up in the air and unofficial, what’s currently being called “The Dark Knight Returns” (which may or may not be the sequel’s actual title) or the “Untitled Batman Project” (as it’s now listed on IMDb) has a fan-made poster above that dates back at least to Aug. 30, 2008 in this GameSpot discussion thread.

Though the poster above is currently displayed within the images for the “Untitled Batman Project” on IMDb with a release date for the film in 2011, we can confirm that it is fake. A number of other posters for “The Dark Knight Returns” have surfaced online and also have been confirmed as fake, fan-made creations (see below). While it’s too early to speculate on casting news, Aaron Eckhart has been in the news recently on the topic.

This poster for “The Dark Knight Returns” is confirmed as fake and is a fan-made creation.
Image credit: Warner Bros.

“The Dark Knight” recently hit the colossal $1 billion mark in global box-office receipts. This currently puts the Warner Bros. film as the No. 4 highest-grossing movie of all time. It’s just behind “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest” ($1.066 billion), “The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King” ($1.119 billion) and “Titanic” ($1.842 billion).

Though there’s little conclusive information about the new film at this point, “The Dark Knight” director Christopher Nolan may have his eyes set squarely this time on The Riddler. The Riddler (also known as Edward Nigma, Nygma or Nashton in the comic books from DC Comics) was played by Jim Carrey in 1995’s “Batman Forever”. There’s also talk about including Catwoman in the sequel.

Just like you could count on HollywoodChicago.com to bring you comprehensive and exhaustive coverage of “The Dark Knight” directly from the local streets of Chicago, so you can consider us a safe bet for our coverage on the sequel.

“The Dark Knight,” which was released on July 18, 2008, starred a powerhouse cast including the late Heath Ledger, Christian Bale, Aaron Eckhart, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, Cillian Murphy, Michael Caine, Chin Han, Eric Roberts and Anthony Michael Hall from writer and director Christopher Nolan.

If you can’t wait for 2011 for the next Christopher Nolan film, though, you’re in luck now! We have a just-released teaser trailer for Nolan’s sci-fi thriller “Inception”.

“Inception” features a star-studded cast including Leonardo DiCaprio, Ellen Page (“Juno”), Cillian Murphy (“Sunshine”), Joseph Gordon-Levitt of “(500) Days of Summer,” Marion Cotillard (“La Vie en Rose”), Ken Watanabe, Tom Berenger and Michael Caine (“The Dark Knight”). Emma Thomas is a producer of “Inception,” which is written, directed and produced by Christopher Nolan (“The Dark Knight,” “The Prestige,” “Batman Begins,” “Insomnia,” “Memento”).

FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

http://screenrant.com/batman-dark-knigh ... ofi-84760/
October 27, 2010 | by Kofi Outlaw
Batman 3 Titled ‘The Dark Knight Rises’; No Riddler, No 3D

Chris Nolan has announced that the next Batman movie will be titled ‘The Dark Knight Rises’. It won’t be shot in 3D and The Riddler will NOT be the villain.

During an interview just published on Hero Complex, Chris Nolan has revealed the title of Batman 3: it will be called “The Dark Knight Rises and it WON’T be shot in 3D (they’ll shoot in IMAX format instead).

In the same interview, Nolan announced something that Batman movie fans have been debating and speculating about, ever since the end credits rolled on The Dark Knight: Nolan has stated that The Riddler will NOT be the villain featured in The Dark Knight Rises.

Check out the quote from Nolan himself that should put an end, once and for all, to all of the Riddler rumors and faux casting announcements that have stretched on for years and included everyone from Johnny Depp to Edward Norton to comedian Eddie Murphy. Said Nolan:

“It won’t be the Riddler.”

So, can we all agree that this riddle has now been solved? (Sorry couldn’t help myself.)

Nolan didn’t reveal much else to Hero Complex, opting instead to play things close to the vest as usual, but did give the following vague and cryptic piece of information:

“We’ll use many of the same characters as we have all along, and we’ll be introducing some new ones,”

Hero Complex‘s Geff Boucher speculates whether or not that answer could leave room for a surprise return by Two-Face (Aaron Eckhart), which is a question we asked you about more than a year ago. Guess that debate is free to start all over again.

As for the more recent rumors of female leads being auditioned for Batman 3, Tom Hardy joining the cast and Killer Croc being the possible villain? Well, we’ll just have to wait and see what develops…

The Dark Knight Rises… I think I speak for a lot of fans when I say I’m disappointed in that title. The great thing about Batman Begins and The Dark Knight is that their titles are indicative of two standalone stories which each had their own respective themes and identities.

Indeed, there’s been much debate in the years since TDK where fans have expressed their pleasure/displeasure with the differences between the two films – and there is certainly a strong contingent of Batheads who felt TDK was completely different in feel than BB, and favored one film over the other.

I say all that to say: The Dark Knight Rises feels like a straight-up sequel, rather than a standalone entry in the Nolan Batman universe. That’s not to say the finished film will be that way, but for now, that is the implication I’m getting. Silver lining: if Catwoman turns out to be the villain, we’ll have plenty of “Dark Knight Rising” jokes to crack ;-) .

How about you: do you like the title The Dark Knight Rises? Do you think the movie sounds like your average sequel rather than a new Batman experience? How do you feel about the Riddler being out of the mix?

TDKR will go into production next year and is slated to hit theaters in the summer of 2012.
I hope you guys are reading this.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Batman has such a great rogue's gallery of villains that it really doesn't bother me too much that The Riddler isn't going to be the villain this time around. I just hope they don't go the multiple villains route. One is enough, two is plenty. I'd like to see Two Face return as the main villain, plus maybe one secondary villain (optional).
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

TDK had three supervillains: The Joker, Scarecrow and Two-Face.

Chris Nolan did mentioned once that it's his intent to introduce villains that have not yet brought on screen.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I didn't even remember The Scarecrow being in it. He was only in it briefly as I recall, though I'd need to watch the film again to be sure.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

Scarecrow was only a three minute cameo.

I like that with this one Nolan will be going back to relatively unknown villains again. Ra's al Ghul was a great addition in Batman Begins. Villains like Riddler and the Penguin have all had their day, it's time to showcase villains that never had the opportunity the Riddler had.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Is it possible TDKR will break HP7.2's opening day record of $91,071,119? From the looks of this article last January, it's showing signs that it's already breaking records.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/01/10/the-d ... -midnight/
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Maybe but beating Avengers will be a tall order but will be close.