Next 'Spider-Man' film will be a gritty, contemporary reboot

General Movie Discussions & Reviews
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Next 'Spider-Man' film will be a gritty, contemporary reboot

Post by Kristatos »

stockslivevan wrote: Yet there would still be a lot of things they'd have to retcon from the first three if they wanted to tell Spider-Man's story as shown in the comic books. Plus Peter's origin story doesn't have to be the same as in Raimi's.
But why does his origin story have to be referred to at all in the next film? That story has been told already, time to move on.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

Watched Battle:Los Angeles last night, I know some critics have said it bad but for a Great shoot em up action Movie I think it's great, Once again these aliens come down here acting all bad assed. The script is a little cliche in Parts, but as an entertaing night out I'd give it a Thumbs up.
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.

Post by Thunderpussy »

Sorry Posted this in the wrong Place :oops:
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

Kristatos wrote:
stockslivevan wrote: Yet there would still be a lot of things they'd have to retcon from the first three if they wanted to tell Spider-Man's story as shown in the comic books. Plus Peter's origin story doesn't have to be the same as in Raimi's.
But why does his origin story have to be referred to at all in the next film? That story has been told already, time to move on.
I think as long as it has something new to say then it's not a big deal. Lots of stories have been retold in many different ways. I think a truer adaption of Peter's real origin (which I described in an earlier post) is dynamic enough to be brought to the screen and will have audiences have a much better understanding for why he puts his neck on the line as Spider-Man.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Spiderman reboot will not do numbers Maguire did in his 3 films.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I'll be seeing Star Trek 2 instead.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

bjmdds wrote:Spiderman reboot will not do numbers Maguire did in his 3 films.
I suppose that will depend on the adversing and how fans feel about another reboot not 10 years after the initial launch.
FormerBondFan wrote:I'll be seeing Star Trek 2 instead.
Are they coming out close to each other? I'll see Star Trek 2 too ;) if only because I am a gullible fan of the series.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Thunderpussy
Agent

Post by Thunderpussy »

Don't know if i'm in the minority but I'll be first in line to see Star Trek 2, I grew up on the tv series and the movies and I love the reboot. with spiderman I'll wait till I hear from a few friends to see what they think.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Blowfeld wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:I'll be seeing Star Trek 2 instead.
Are they coming out close to each other? I'll see Star Trek 2 too ;) if only because I am a gullible fan of the series.
Trek 2 (not II as in TWOK) will release a week before Spidey reboot.
CaptainLewis
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye
O.H.M.S.S.
Favorite Movies: Alien & Aliens
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Re: Next 'Spider-Man' film will be a gritty, contemporary re

Post by CaptainLewis »

Trailer:
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

CaptainLewis wrote:Trailer:
What did you think of it?
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

Besides the cast, it doesn't look like an improvement, nor does it look like a drop down either. Just looks like another Spider-Man flick. Oh well, at least Tobey is gone.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I wasn't impressed. Parker didn't really feel like parker, the story felt like a continuation of the Rami Spiderman which had its points but this feels too contrived to be an emotional driven drama. I didn't like the spidy view cam part of the joy of spidy is watching the acrobatics. The mirror view reminds me something about the third movie.

The emotional story as the trailer laid out was too high school

Toby was not a very good parker or spiderman. His not coming back was probably for the best. Heck if he had not come back for three it would of been a blessing.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
CaptainLewis
Agent
O.H.M.S.S.
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

Dr. No wrote:
CaptainLewis wrote:Trailer:
What did you think of it?
I thought it looked good. I just hope it’s able to live up to the other films.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=41745

These show he can pull off the costume, and he's a good actor. I’m sure it will be good.
CaptainLewis
Agent
O.H.M.S.S.
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

Slight bump. Saw this yesterday and I enjoyed it. Andrew and Emma did a great job.
Spoiler
I'm thinking the mysterious man is Mysterio or the Chameleon. Osborne is meant to be at death's door, so it couldn't be him.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

My son wants to see it and has a free ticket well its my free ticket since I'll have to buy his ticket
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

OK we never went to the theater. Since it was a big deal for my son to see it we bought it from amazon to watch on our tivo last night.

Ugh it was OK as a story I suppose, as a spiderman it wasn't quite right, the original movie 10 years ago was better for explaining how spiderman got his start. Uncle Ben dying in this was wasted opportunity, aunt May was wrong. Parker's father was stupid and the spider bite really had no build up to why it changed him or worked so fast (or why there aren't 100 spidermen running around NYC). The new spiderman wasn't a very good as spiderman, not that I love Toby as spiderman. But Toby was a better Peter Parker, this guy was too much a spaz as Parker, and biggest disappointment is there is absolutely no reasons why Spiderman becomes the hero he is destine to become. Making Parker a jerk who break his promises instead of being driven by them I think was a turn too far to make him a gritty emo high schooler.

One thing they did get right was showing Peter as a genius, buying the spider webbing from Oscorp and having Oscrop behind everything was a bad Idea

Best part of the casting was Gwen she was great in the role. Doc Connors was ok, but they had a better build up for his story in the first trilogy, and this one didn't have family IMO it made for less of moving story.

The kids liked it which is all that maters to the studio we'll get another two movies from a guy who isn't very good in the role. Why does this sound so familiar. :?
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

It grossed $750 million to boot. :shock: Junk film.