General Movie Discussions & Reviews
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Re: Avatar

Post by FormerBondFan »

Avatar just pass $1 billion mark worldwide.
oscartheman
Agent

Post by oscartheman »

FormerBondFan wrote:Avatar just pass $1 billion mark worldwide.
Does it make money now?They said he spent over half a billion making it.Can't say enough about it.Got a mini review of it in my Holmes review.To everyone if you see it see it in 3d!
katied

Post by katied »

Just got back from Avatar a little while ago. "wow" doesn't even begin to cover it.I saw Avatar in 3D(the only way to watch it, IMO) and it is spectacular.
oscartheman
Agent

Post by oscartheman »

katied wrote:Just got back from Avatar a little while ago. "wow" doesn't even begin to cover it.I saw Avatar in 3D(the only way to watch it, IMO) and it is spectacular.
It worth the price.I think it will beat titanic.Saw something about maybe a Avatar trilogy.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

oscartheman wrote:
katied wrote:Just got back from Avatar a little while ago. "wow" doesn't even begin to cover it.I saw Avatar in 3D(the only way to watch it, IMO) and it is spectacular.
It worth the price.I think it will beat titanic.Saw something about maybe a Avatar trilogy.
I know this Queen B1tch Babs will anything to respond to Avatar.
katied

Post by katied »

t worth the price.I think it will beat titanic.Saw something about maybe a Avatar trilogy.
I hope they do a sequel.Probably won't be as good as the first but if they do a trilogy and do it all in 3D I'm in for the sequels :cheers:
CaptainLewis
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye
O.H.M.S.S.
Favorite Movies: Alien & Aliens
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

I saw it a few weeks ago and thought it was amazing. My one regret is not seeing it in 3D.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I wonder if Avatar will be in theaters as long as September.
katied

Post by katied »

My parents finally saw it and thought it was really good.My mom agrees with me that Sam Worthington is very good looking! :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

FormerBondFan wrote:I wonder if Avatar will be in theaters as long as September.
Sorry for the necro-posting, but I only just spotted FBF's post. I honestly think the days when a film like "Crocodile" Dundee (the quote marks are officially part of the title, BTW) could stay in theatres for a year are gone. Shorter and shorter DVD release times (see the controversy over Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland) have put paid to that. It might still be hanging around the odd dollar theater in the flyover states in September, but that's it.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

Avatar is hitting DVD April 22nd, then again sometime around November for a 3D blu-ray release.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Mazer Rackham wrote:Avatar is hitting DVD April 22nd, then again sometime around November for a 3D blu-ray release.
It would nice if Avatar stays in theaters up to summer like Titanic was.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

FormerBondFan wrote:
Mazer Rackham wrote:Avatar is hitting DVD April 22nd, then again sometime around November for a 3D blu-ray release.
It would nice if Avatar stays in theaters up to summer like Titanic was.
What was the interval between Titanic's theatrical and DVD releases? Can anyone remember? I suspect it was longer in those days than the typical 4-month window for a modern DVD release, but I'm not sure about that.
doubleoLisa
New Recruit
Favorite Bond Movie: Any with Roger Moore
Favorite Movies: Any with Roger Moore ;)

Post by doubleoLisa »

Titanic is a 1999 dvd. If a girl owns 10 dvds safe bet one of the is Titanic :)
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

doubleoLisa wrote:Titanic is a 1999 dvd. If a girl owns 10 dvds safe bet one of the is Titanic :)
Yeah, I just saw it on Amazon - August 1999, nearly 2 years after its theatrical release! Truly, the past is another country, even the fairly recent past.
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

It was delayed because Paramount, Fox and Disney were pushing a rival essentially rental format in competition to dvd. DiVX lost the battle because consumers didn't go for limited use of something they bought. Although Disney and Fox didn't give up and got some of those Divx restrictions put into blu-ray.

I am uncertain if Titanic was released on DiVX before the end.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming