Movies you're looking forwards to

General Movie Discussions & Reviews
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Re: Movies you're looking forwards to

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I'll be first in the queue to see Barney Ross, Lee Christmas and :cheers: :cheers: co in action in Expendables 2.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Anyone know anything about Guillermo Del Toro's Pacific Rim? From the brief snippets I've seen, it looks like it might be Transformers done right - a giant robot movie by a good director!
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Resident Evil: Retribution and Dredd are next for me.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Further to my previous post, IO9 describes Pacific Rim thusly: "Guillermo del Toro makes a movie about giant robots fighting giant monsters, with Idris Elba." There is literally nothing about that sentence that I'm not sold on.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Not exactly looking forward to these but I'm sure somebody is. I might be tempted by New Hope, although a theatrical released would be better.
Before Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace came back to the theaters earlier this year converted for 3D, the plan was to bring the other five movies to theaters one at a time each year, but that has apparently changed. At the Star Wars Celebration VI event in Orlando (where we first found out about the Blu-ray release two years ago) Lucasfilm announced that Episodes II and III in 3D will be released in theaters back to back in fall of 2013, arriving September 20th and October 11th, respectively. Missing so far from the announcement? A reason for the back-to-back release or any word on Blu-ray 3D plans. In lieu of more details, although it means Attack of the Clones will come back later in the year than Phantom Menace did, with any luck this accelerated schedule is a good omen for the original trilogy's return. Of course, we'll have to wait and see what magic can be worked with those older film and special effects elements, however IGN apparently found an early preview of the Episode II 3D footage to be promising.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Dredd 3D has been getting excellent reviews, like this one from Crave Online. This part stood out for me,
Urban is a modern day Clint Eastwood here. Who else do we have that’s all about the task? All our heroes now are trying so hard to be characters, sometimes becoming even bigger cliches that way. Dredd just wants to get the job done, and he cares about the difference between sentencing, execution and interrogation.
Remind you of anyone?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Typical. You post an approving review calling someone "the new Clint Eastwood" and then Clint turns himself into the butt of a gazillion jokes on Twitter.

Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Dredd is sounding better than I thought it would still be on DVD by xmas. Sad because it sounds better than a lot of crap coming out.
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:Dredd is sounding better than I thought it would still be on DVD by xmas. Sad because it sounds better than a lot of crap coming out.
This is a problem across the board. The ever-shortening times between cinema and DVD releases are killing cinema attendance figures. And that forces cinema owners to put up prices to compensate, putting even more people off.

:twisted: (thinks) :twisted:

Perhaps we need to start a rumour that Spyfail will be out on DVD 6 weeks after its theatrical release and that it will cost an extra £5/$10 a ticket above the usual price to see in the cinema.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Sad part is it may be out in 6 weeks. When DAD hit theaters it was May or June the next year, CR & QOS it was much shorter, I want to say it was still winter when they got releases.

When we think of going a debate is in so many months we can buy it and the whole family watch it for the price of a dvd and box of Orville Redenbacher's.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

It's still nice to see the big films in the cinema.
Bring back Bond!
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

carl stromberg wrote:It's still nice to see the big films in the cinema.
It is. I'd like to take the kids to the original Star Wars trilogy on the big screen.
katied

Post by katied »

Finding Nemo is back in the movie theaters-and in 3D, too.That I am definitely going to shell out for.Maybe take one of the nieces and nephews along too! 8)
John Drake
Commander
Location: Watching the first twenty James Bond films somewhere...

Post by John Drake »

It's a shame you can't watch the original SW trilogy without the CGI Lucas threw in decades on. He's insane that man.
"He is very good-looking" Vesper Lynd
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

John Drake wrote:It's a shame you can't watch the original SW trilogy without the CGI Lucas threw in decades on. He's insane that man.
A friend of mine has the original trilogy in 2-DVD sets that include both the theatrical versions and the ones with GGI muppets added.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Kristatos wrote:
John Drake wrote:It's a shame you can't watch the original SW trilogy without the CGI Lucas threw in decades on. He's insane that man.
A friend of mine has the original trilogy in 2-DVD sets that include both the theatrical versions and the ones with GGI muppets added.
Collectors items now. I got a set from wal-mart with comics for each movie. Problem is the unaltered versions are hard to watch on the TV I don't know the proper term but they don't fit the screen.

What they did was take the laser disc copy of the original trilogy and convert it to dvd without doing anything else with it.

Lucas is retiring I'm hoping the next head of Lucasfilm releases the original theatrical trilogy
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Dr. No wrote:Problem is the unaltered versions are hard to watch on the TV I don't know the proper term but they don't fit the screen.
Pan and scan?
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I was expecting Dredd to rule the US box office but end up #6.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I got one friend from facebook saying that Dredd is terrible.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

I'm actually interested in seeing The Hobbit. I saw some footage from the film shown on TV the other day, and It looks pretty cool.