The title of the new Tin Tin movie with DC=epic fail

General Movie Discussions & Reviews
katied

Re: The title of the new Tin Tin movie with DC=epic fail

Post by katied »

Raiders and Empire are masculine sounding, compared to The Secret Of The Unicorn.

Sorry Kris, but the name sounds like the sort of movie my 4-year-old niece watches over and over again. :oops:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

oscartheman wrote:Empire and Raiders compared to The Magic Unicorn.Alrighty then
Why not? The only reason that nobody thinks of those titles as cheesy is because we know that they are attached to classic movies. But they were deliberate throwbacks to old movie serials. I saw Secret of the Unicorn as fitting into that tradition. But after Katie's comment about her 4-year-old niece, I can sort of see where people are coming from on this. I still think that what's before the colon is more important than what's after it. It will need a smart marketing campaign, though. Being based on a comic book that isn't very well known didn't hurt Men in Black or The Mask at the box office, but they had big stars attached. The biggest names on Tintin are behind the camera, so a lot relies on Spielberg and Jackson's names having the ability to put bums on seats, unless the trailer is really awesome.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
John Drake
Commander
Location: Watching the first twenty James Bond films somewhere...

Post by John Drake »

That HERGE. What an idiot. How did he get away with it for so long.
"He is very good-looking" Vesper Lynd
katied

Post by katied »

Kristatos wrote:
oscartheman wrote:Empire and Raiders compared to The Magic Unicorn.Alrighty then
Why not? The only reason that nobody thinks of those titles as cheesy is because we know that they are attached to classic movies. But they were deliberate throwbacks to old movie serials. I saw Secret of the Unicorn as fitting into that tradition. But after Katie's comment about her 4-year-old niece, I can sort of see where people are coming from on this. I still think that what's before the colon is more important than what's after it. It will need a smart marketing campaign, though. Being based on a comic book that isn't very well known didn't hurt Men in Black or The Mask at the box office, but they had big stars attached. The biggest names on Tintin are behind the camera, so a lot relies on Spielberg and Jackson's names having the ability to put bums on seats, unless the trailer is really awesome.
I didn't mean to be harsh with my comment,but Tin Tin And The Secret of The Unicorn *is* a girly title.

I've never thought of Raiders or Empire as cheesy,title-wise. :wink:
CaptainLewis
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye
O.H.M.S.S.
Favorite Movies: Alien & Aliens
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

I can't take this film seriously, with a title like that. They should use a better title.
katied

Post by katied »

CaptainLewis wrote:I can't take this film seriously, with a title like that. They should use a better title.

Doubtful that TPTB are reading this, but *someone* has got to tell them that the title really should be shortened to Tin Tin.It's much less girly, and less of a mouthful to boot,to say nothing of that fact that that's what people will call it regardless.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

John Drake wrote:The Secret Of The Unicorn is a classic Tintin title that expresses the spirit of adventure inherent in the books. It derives from 1943.

i know this image. i don't remember reading it or watching it but i know these characters!

On the surface the title is a bad one, I certainly have no knowledge of these what these characters are about and might be put off by the name alone. After the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull I don't have lot of patience for lofty names ;)
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Bring back Bond!