Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Flushed Away

Post by Dr. No »

We rented this for the kids and I was not looking forward to it. Flushed Away sounds appropriate for a sorry cartoon movie. If it had been up to me alone we never would have rented it.
That said Flushed Away completely surprised us. It was a fun movie for the kids and the adults. The last cartoon that impressed us both was the Incredibles.
It was amusing and clever. The French frogs were hilarious, the sewer rats were actually endearing.

The biggest surprise was Huge Jackman, this man has wide range of talent. Boy can he sing! The slugs are not too bad either ;)

The ending has nice little twist and the humor stays pretty clean. Surprising since all of the action takes place in the sewers.
Good movie and fun for the kids, we will be picking it up for them soon on DVD.
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

Sounds like a fun family flick Doc...I'll look out for it.
Good review btw.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Flushed Away

Post by Kristatos »

Dr. No wrote: If it had been up to me alone we never would have rented it.
That said Flushed Away completely surprised us. It was a fun movie for the kids and the adults.
I've heard a couple of other people tell me this. I'm almost tempted to rent it, but Mrs. Kristatos is dead set against.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Re: Flushed Away

Post by Captain Nash »

Kristatos wrote:
Dr. No wrote: If it had been up to me alone we never would have rented it.
That said Flushed Away completely surprised us. It was a fun movie for the kids and the adults.
I've heard a couple of other people tell me this. I'm almost tempted to rent it, but Mrs. Kristatos is dead set against.
Is that a bald spot on your head there Kris?
Rent it on a friday night...bring home some choclates and a bottle of wine and if she still isn't into the idea...watch it by yourself. :wink: