Disney ditches The Dawn Treader

General Movie Discussions & Reviews
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Disney ditches The Dawn Treader

Post by FormerBondFan »

CaptainLewis
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye
O.H.M.S.S.
Favorite Movies: Alien & Aliens
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Re: Disney ditches The Dawn Treader

Post by CaptainLewis »

Fox saves Narnia franchise

Twentieth Century Fox has reportedly agreed to develop the third instalment in the Chronicles Of Narnia franchise alongside Walden Media.

Walt Disney Pictures, which produced the first two instalments, pulled out of The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Voyage Of The Dawn Treader last month, citing budgetary reasons.

According to Variety, Fox was entitled to the first crack at Dawn Treader because of the shared Fox Walden marketing and distributing label.

Fox 2000 will reportedly share the production costs, which are thought to be around $140 million (£100 million), with Walden Media.

The Horse Whisperer's Richard LaGravenese has penned the most recent script, while The World Is Not Enough director Michael Apted will helm the project. Andrew Adamson and Mark Johnson will take on producing duties.

The studio is likely to greenlight the project after budgetary and script concerns are settled.

Production is scheduled to begin in Australia this summer, with a slated holiday 2010 release date.

Ben Barnes, Skandar Keynes and Georgie Henley will reprise their roles, with Son Of Rambow star Will Poulter joining the cast as Eustace Clarence Scrubb.
Source: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a144 ... chise.html
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I understand the second film didn't do too well at the box office.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Prince Caspian would have done better if it released last month.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

FormerBondFan wrote:Prince Caspian would have done better if it released last month.
I agree.

I liek PC but it wasn't as good as narnia TLTW&TW and we would have seen it more than once in november december just because it is a family thing
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Have read the series, Doc?
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

FormerBondFan wrote:Have read the series, Doc?
Yes I have. Long ago now.
I got the books on cd for road trip but the kids didn't want to ruin the movies by knowing what the book is about first. May be moot point now.
I''m not sure which one but one of the books is read by Patric Stewart!
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
katied

Post by katied »

The first Narnia movie was on the other night(Fox Family Channel) but I didn't watch it. My only real reason for watching it? James McAvoy 8)
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Anyone seen Narnia 3 yet? I'm going to next Sunday.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

FormerBondFan wrote:Anyone seen Narnia 3 yet? I'm going to next Sunday.
Going on Wednesday. How was it?
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Kristatos wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:Anyone seen Narnia 3 yet? I'm going to next Sunday.
Going on Wednesday. How was it?
I wish it was a little longer, but other than that, a great movie overall.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

FormerBondFan wrote:I wish it was a little longer, but other than that, a great movie overall.
I saw it last night. Personally, I thought the length and pacing of the film were perfect. I found the previous two a tad overlong to tell you the truth. Michael Apted keeps things moving along at a nice clip, and makes a better Narnia director than he was a Bond director. I'd like to see him do more, but sadly, the disappointing box-office receipts of both this film and its immediate predecessor probably means there won't be any more Narnia films.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Kristatos wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:I wish it was a little longer, but other than that, a great movie overall.
I saw it last night. Personally, I thought the length and pacing of the film were perfect. I found the previous two a tad overlong to tell you the truth. Michael Apted keeps things moving along at a nice clip, and makes a better Narnia director than he was a Bond director. I'd like to see him do more, but sadly, the disappointing box-office receipts of both this film and its immediate predecessor probably means there won't be any more Narnia films.
The int'l box office fares much better for PC and VOTDT.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

FormerBondFan wrote: The int'l box office fares much better for PC and VOTDT.
PC still lost money. VOTDT is still on release, obviously, and has a smaller production budget, so it could yet make its money back, but so far, the omens aren't good.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Disney made a huge mistake of releasing PC during the summer of '08 where megablockbusters (of the likes of Iron Man and Indy 4) roaming the box office.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I wonder how much PC would make if released during Easter time of 2008.