What films do you normally watch at Christmas?

General Movie Discussions & Reviews
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I always watch some of the Bond films, as that is a traditional thing to do in Britain. I hope some of the "Scrooge" films will be in, such as the Captain Picard version. Classic British comedy films such as the later Carry On's, Bless This House, and The Likely Lads are very Christmassy.
Bring back Bond!
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Re: What films do you normally watch at Christmas?

Post by FormerBondFan »

Home Alone films (except 4) are great to watch during Christmas time.
katied

Post by katied »

Home Alone(not the 4th one..gotta agree with Former Bond Fan on that one :P ),The Peanuts Christmas special.
FROSTY
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Favorite Movies: Star Wars, Superman, Star Trek, Alien, Blade Runner, Flash Gordon, Indiana Jones, Close Encounters, King Kong

Post by FROSTY »

BOND!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

I'm definately going to have to watch one on this Christmas Day - as it will be exactly 30 years to the day, since I became a Bond-Fan!. :007:

***FANBOY ALERT!***: I used to watch my old video copy of: OHMSS (the cut-down version), at exactly 11.00pm on Christmas Eve - because at the very moment that Telly Savalas says: "Merry Christmas, 007!", my video clock would be reading: 0.07(am), Christmas morning!!!!!! :lol: (you can only do it with the short version of the film - because of the abridged running time),
it happened purely by a fluke of course on the first occasion, but I thought that it was funny, and then it kind of stuck, me watching it at that time, for a couple of years running!!!!!!. :mrgreen:

I've often watched: STAR WARS on the day as well.

THE GREAT ESCAPE, tended to be a Christmas tradition too - but apart from Nigel Stock leading a chorus of: "The Twelve Days Of Christmas" in one scene, I never really got why the BBC thought that this film was suitable for screening at Christmas? (50 POWs, being shot by the SS, doesn't really say "Christmas" to me :shock: ),
but a brilliant film nonetheless, and the best War Movie i've ever seen!. :britflag:

DISASTER MOVIES - again, not very "Christmassy", but they tended to be on, and I always used to watch them!. :mrgreen:

I'll probably be watching a few DISNEY films - as i've got a Disney film channel now, and I bought the Limited Edition Boxset DVD of: SLEEPING BEAUTY the other day.
Neither the name "Frosty" nor any other name
or character in this post is meant to portray
a real company of actual person
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I've contacted a few people who live near Frosty, and asked them to knock on his door and telephone him a few times after 11pm on Christmas Eve to ruin his OHMSS tradition. :wink:

I like the Peanuts films too.
Bring back Bond!