It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

The news we have been wating for!

Post by carl stromberg »

Steve Guttenberg to direct Police Academy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... emy-8.html

Twenty years after leaving the film franchise which made his career, Steve Guttenberg is returning to the Police Academy series.

The 50-year-old actor is set to direct Police Academy 8 - the long-awaited follow-up to the last sequel Police Academy: Mission to Moscow.

The Hollywood star revealed his plans to rejuvenate the comedy franchise at a question and answer session to promote his upcoming appearance in panto in Bromley, Kent.

The actor is currently rehearsals to play Baron Hard-up in the upcoming production of Cinderella, which starts on December 5th.

He is starring alongside Absolutely Fabulous star Helen Lederer (Fairy Godmother) and Nickelodeon presenter Laura Hamilton (CInderella) in the show.

At the Q&A session in Bromley, Guttenberg said he was looking forward to directing Police Academy 8, but wasn't sure whether he would appear in the movie or not.

He joked: 'I wouldn't star in that kind of rot.'
Guttenberg bowed out of the franchise after starring in Police Academy 4: Citizens On Patrol in 1987, although the studio continue to make a three further films.

Despite his career being less high-profile that it was in the Eighties, Guttenberg admitted he was constantly working and he was grateful for his career every day.
He said: 'I’m appreciative of my career everyday. If I wasn’t doing this I would be working over the road as a Boots cashier.'

He went on to star in a host of hit Eighties films, including Three Men And A Baby, Short Circuit and Cocoon.

Earlier this year he started in Dancing With The Stars, the U.S. version

Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The news we have been wating for!

Post by Kristatos »

carl stromberg wrote: The 50-year-old actor is set to direct Police Academy 8 - the long-awaited follow-up to the last sequel Police Academy: Mission to Moscow.
AWAITED BY WHO???? :shock:
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

Guttenberg was interviewed on BBC Radio 5 yesterday afternoon. He came across very well as a self-deprecating type who doesn't take himself very seriously.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Good god why?

They were bad enough in the 80s
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Steve will be back for Three Men and a Bride too. He is doing a Slyvester Stallone.

Dr No: your family have informed me that your favourite film is Police Academy 5: Assignment Miami Beach, so don't pretend you dislike the series. :lol:
Bring back Bond!