Harry Potter 6 trailer

General Movie Discussions & Reviews
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Harry Potter 6 trailer

Post by FormerBondFan »

stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Re: Harry Potter 6 trailer

Post by stockslivevan »

You know, I wasn't really excited about another Potter flick, especially since the fifth film waned my interest, but this actually looks good. Still, the same director is involved so I hope there's a vast improvement because the fifth one bored me to tears.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

HP is getting darker and darker.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

FormerBondFan wrote:HP is getting darker and darker.
So is Batman, Bond, ect... I mean what isn't? :P
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

In line with the books.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Kristatos wrote:
In line with the books.
I still need to read the books.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

FormerBondFan wrote:I still need to read the books.
I've you ever take a long road trip, you could do what me and Mrs Kristatos did when visiting her family in West Virginia, namely borrow the audio books from your local library, magnificently read by Jim Dale, who does the voices of all the characters (over 100 of them) himself!
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Kristatos wrote:
I've you ever take a long road trip, you could do what me and Mrs Kristatos did when visiting her family in West Virginia, namely borrow the audio books from your local library, magnificently read by Jim Dale, who does the voices of all the characters (over 100 of them) himself!
Jim dale of Hot lead and COld Feet! Great kids movies by the way.
I recognized his voice but couldn't palce it. Wow! He is great! A lot of talent doing all of the voices.

The movies follow the books and the books get darker and darker. The whole concept was dark to begin with.

When you read the book you'll be in for a treat, there is a lot more to the stoires than ever gets in the movies.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Dr. No wrote:Jim dale of Hot lead and COld Feet! Great kids movies by the way.
I recognized his voice but couldn't palce it. Wow! He is great! A lot of talent doing all of the voices.
Not familiar with that movie. I mainly know him from the Carry On films and Pete's Dragon.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

HP 7 splitting into 2 movies.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

FormerBondFan wrote:HP 7 splitting into 2 movies.
I'm glad about that. Hopefully, it won't feel as rushed as 4 and 5 did (and 6 probably will, though the book is slightly shorter), trying to cram very long books into 2.5 hour films.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

The first half of HP 7 will release in 2010 while the other half will release in 2011, making it the 10th anniversary of the first HP movie.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Kristatos wrote:
Dr. No wrote:Jim dale of Hot lead and COld Feet! Great kids movies by the way.
Not familiar with that movie. I mainly know him from the Carry On films and Pete's Dragon.
Like Petes Dragon it is a disney film. I think Dale plays three of the main characters.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

FormerBondFan wrote:The first half of HP 7 will release in 2010 while the other half will release in 2011, making it the 10th anniversary of the first HP movie.
All it is a move to milk the HP series by extending the last story to 2 movies. Kind of like how people thought Lucas would never stop making Star Wars movies because they made too much money. Well the movies makers see green with everything HP and want one more movie before calling it a day.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

2011 is the best year to end the HP series.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

Dr. No wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:The first half of HP 7 will release in 2010 while the other half will release in 2011, making it the 10th anniversary of the first HP movie.
All it is a move to milk the HP series by extending the last story to 2 movies. Kind of like how people thought Lucas would never stop making Star Wars movies because they made too much money. Well the movies makers see green with everything HP and want one more movie before calling it a day.
Have you read the books? From what I read a lot had to be cut out from the adoptions which was one of the main criticisms for the last two films. From what I hear sub-plots that were dropped in the films turned out to have major relevancies in the later books that were released after the films, causing quite a few problems for future films.

I think they should have just waited for the author to finish the books to then make the films knowing the completed story consciously as they made them as opposed to jumping on the gun for the big dollar bill they knew these flicks would get them.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

It must very hard to adapt the last 2 HP.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

Aren't they like 800 pages long? It's no LOTR, but film is still pretty d**n limited in comparison.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

stockslivevan wrote:Aren't they like 800 pages long? It's no LOTR, but film is still pretty d**n limited in comparison.
HP 4 has 734 pages, and HP 5 has 870 pages.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Kristatos wrote:
A little known piece of trivia is Jim Dale was almost The Doctor.
The producers settled on Tom Baker after seeing him in 'The Golden Voyage of Sinbad'. I always thought they should have given Jim a chance at the role after Tom left, he was a much better fit than Colin was.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer