Harry Potter 6 trailer

General Movie Discussions & Reviews
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Harry Potter 6 trailer

Post by Kristatos »

Blowfeld wrote:A little known piece of trivia is Jim Dale was almost The Doctor.
The producers settled on Tom Baker after seeing him in 'The Golden Voyage of Sinbad'. I always thought they should have given Jim a chance at the role after Tom left, he was a much better fit than Colin was.
Maybe he didn't want it, or was doing other things. I think he should have been the voice of Kreacher in the Potter movies. His Kreacher voice on the audiobooks is better than the voice artist they got for the films.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

From what they said on the Who DVD they never approached him with part. They were about to when they found Tom Baker. As for after Tom left I don't think JNT knew about Jim.

Sadly I don't have any of his Potter audio books. Next outing to the used book store I'll see if they have some.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

It's been delayed for a July 2009 release date. Just watch the Potter fans go apeshit.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

stockslivevan wrote:It's been delayed for a July 2009 release date. Just watch the Potter fans go apeshit.
That's gotta hurt. :nukes:
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

From a business point of view, I see why they would want to get a Summer tentpole... But it doesn't really increase or decrease its chances of making more money. The first Harry Potter film is the highest grossing of all the films and it was released on a November. As James Bond and Lord of the Rings have proven, Fall/Winter releases are still as profitable as Summer films. Even Paramount made the same decision of moving Star Trek to a Summer date, but at least that will likely make more money. For Potter, it doesn't make a difference when it will be released. They can open it on a January and February, a time when generally trashy films are always released, the least profitable period in cinema and Potter can still break box office records.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I thought this November is perfect for HP 6 but oh well.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

That'll be good for my pocketbook, not having to see Potter and Bond within a month of each other.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

This sucks! We were looking forward to the new HP. the biggest insult is to have it postponed not because the film isnt ready but because they made so much money from batman that they dont need to release HP. WTF!
tells HP fans exactly what they think of us. We’re not going to give you the film we promised for over a year because we can milk you harder next summer!

Like stockslivevan said they do very well with HP in the winter.

As I'm writing this I’m actually getting mad about this. I wouldnt be as upset if they had anounced the push back in hte beginning of the (this) summer, but after they release trailers and start pushing ticket sales, yep it pisses me off. :evil:
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

HP 6 could have been the highest grossing movie of this year. Winter release fits a lot better with HP than summer. One and a half year between films is long enough.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

FormerBondFan wrote:HP 6 could have been the highest grossing movie of this year. Winter release fits a lot better with HP than summer. One and a half year between films is long enough.
I doubt that . batman is bigenough to rule until they put it on dvd.

I prefer going to family (or children friendly) movies when the weather is cool. Thanksgiving and Christmas are times with a lot of family around and nothing to do, great time to go to the movies.

What gets me is this is greed on display. They arent dressing it up much, we can milk more money out of you (hp fans) next summer. Same reason they split the final story intwo
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

I don't see how splitting the last film into two is for more money. Potter fans have been debating for years over adaption of the last couple of books suggesting that splitting each adaption into two films would do the books justice. It's the same reason why Coppola did two films to adapt The Godfather instead of just one.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

HP 7 is the most important of the series.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

stockslivevan wrote:I don't see how splitting the last film into two is for more money. Potter fans have been debating for years over adaption of the last couple of books suggesting that splitting each adaption into two films would do the books justice. It's the same reason why Coppola did two films to adapt The Godfather instead of just one.
The splitting it in to 2 movies instead of 1 as they had done give the impression that it is a money move. The end of the franchise and they wan to milk it out. After the decision to push back HP6 it looks more and more like it is not production quality question but a geeze these things make a billion dollars each! mentality

I didn’t care for the last book, it may be better as 2 movies and they could have doen abetter job with the last one for sure.
Ask me again tomorrow. Right now I'm too PO’ed about HP6
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Dr. No wrote:The splitting it in to 2 movies instead of 1 as they had done give the impression that it is a money move.
I don't see this at all. I think the reason for the split is that HP 7 is most important of the series.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

FormerBondFan wrote:
Dr. No wrote:The splitting it in to 2 movies instead of 1 as they had done give the impression that it is a money move.
I don't see this at all. I think the reason for the split is that HP 7 is most important of the series.
yes and no. More important because it is the last? Maybe.
But it is undeniable that it also ends the franchise, and franchise like these are few and far between. Studios are greedy for more and there cant be more after HP is finished. So extending the series by a movie is a natural way to milk out the series little longer.

It could be to make a better film, but right now I soo made at them for ruining something my kids were looking forward to. The most obvious answer appears to be the correct one
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Dr. No wrote:It could be to make a better film, but right now I soo made at them for ruining something my kids were looking forward to. The most obvious answer appears to be the correct one
Just when did movie studios become so corrupted?
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

FormerBondFan wrote:
Dr. No wrote:It could be to make a better film, but right now I soo made at them for ruining something my kids were looking forward to. The most obvious answer appears to be the correct one
Just when did movie studios become so corrupted?
They've always been corrupt, it's just they used to market themselves better.

For Hollywood it's always been about making money. We put up with it because we like what they make. What they did with HP 6 shows where their primary concern is, money, not the people they make the movie for.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Dr. No wrote:For Hollywood it's always been about making money.
This makes me think of Donald Trump.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

FormerBondFan wrote:
I think it's a bit of both. Creatively, it is the correct move, but I'm sure the prospect of extra moolah didn't exactly hurt.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I wonder if HP 7 can be made in the same fashion as LOTR by making it at least 3 hours long.