Harry Potter 6 trailer

General Movie Discussions & Reviews
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Re: Harry Potter 6 trailer

Post by stockslivevan »

I don't think even 3 hours would do justice. I recall HP5 getting more heat than the last four for taking out supposed vital sub-plots. WB could have done the two-parter with HP6 but waited until the last film instead. If I were them, I would take the opportunity with the time and film scenes that couldn't be put into HP6 because of time constraints.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Harry Potter fans rail at studio over film delay

Last update: August 15, 2008 - 7:22 PM

A day after Warner Bros. announced that it would push back the release of the sixth "Potter" film from November to July to take advantage of skimpy competition in the summer, Potter fans were lighting up the Internet with their rage Friday. Thousands signed online petitions, others organized boycotts and protests.

At Petitionspot.com, more than 15,900 fans had signed by early Friday evening a demand that "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" be returned to the long-promoted Nov. 21 release. Their posted comments made clear that Warner Bros. chief Alan Horn had, for a day at least, replaced Voldemort as the villain in their hearts.

"This is ridiculous and I assure you that the millions of Harry Potter fans who have been looking forward to this release will not stand for it," Patrick Allen, 25, of Brooklyn, wrote in an e-mail to the Los Angeles Times.

The announcement came as Entertainment Weekly magazine, which is part of the Time-Warner conglomerate that includes Warner Bros., led its fall movie issue, out Friday, with the film and featured actor Daniel Radcliffe, who plays Harry Potter, on the cover.
Harvey Wallbanger
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Harvey Wallbanger »

Dr. No wrote:right now I soo made at them for ruining something my kids were looking forward to
FormerBondFan wrote:
Harry Potter fans rail at studio over film delay

Last update: August 15, 2008 - 7:22 PM

A day after Warner Bros. announced that it would push back the release of the sixth "Potter" film from November to July to take advantage of skimpy competition in the summer, Potter fans were lighting up the Internet with their rage Friday. Thousands signed online petitions, others organized boycotts and protests.

At Petitionspot.com, more than 15,900 fans had signed by early Friday evening a demand that "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" be returned to the long-promoted Nov. 21 release. Their posted comments made clear that Warner Bros. chief Alan Horn had, for a day at least, replaced Voldemort as the villain in their hearts.

"This is ridiculous and I assure you that the millions of Harry Potter fans who have been looking forward to this release will not stand for it," Patrick Allen, 25, of Brooklyn, wrote in an e-mail to the Los Angeles Times.

The announcement came as Entertainment Weekly magazine, which is part of the Time-Warner conglomerate that includes Warner Bros., led its fall movie issue, out Friday, with the film and featured actor Daniel Radcliffe, who plays Harry Potter, on the cover.
Doc works fast don't he
Make them serious nudes!

I fear no evil because I walk with evil.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

It's been quite a while, Harvey.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

This boycott will make it further than Deanna Brayton's, I can guarantee you that. :P :wink:
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I feel a bit weird about the boycott.
Harvey Wallbanger
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Harvey Wallbanger »

FormerBondFan wrote:It's been quite a while, Harvey.
Hey bud
thought ol doc would be by now and said something smart :lol:
Make them serious nudes!

I fear no evil because I walk with evil.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

FormerBondFan wrote:I feel a bit weird about the boycott.
You should, and so should the movie theaters, thats the point of it. "Guess what? we're movie it to summer so we can have a tent pole" is not a good reason and is a abusive attitude to have toward the people who buy up all those tickets.

I'm still PO about the HP6 postponement. there doesn't seem to be a decent reason for it other then greed.
Stocks and you might be right about them making HP7 (& 8) better. And I would have supported them doing this sooner, with the last movie for example.

Until they can demonstrate their intentions are altruistic I'm going to assume they were more motivated by the green over the quality. Hope to be wrong but don't expect to be surprised.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Harvey Wallbanger wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:It's been quite a while, Harvey.
Hey bud
thought ol doc would be by now and said something smart :lol:
Where you been hiding yourself? That new planet we found months back? :lol: What Don't get wifi there? Couldn't be bothered to say hello ;)
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I read an article somewhere, and it said that the reason for the split is to make it a true adaptation of novel.
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

This is not the first time this year WB has been a dick to their customers.
January they dumped HD DVD after years of being one of the most vocal advocates of the format, reassuring buyers it be alright to buy in now. Half a billion dollars changed their mind.

This has more implications of problems at WB HQ.
Some have said they see bleak economic outlooks either for November (this year) or for 2009 and they wanted to move a bigger draw to the fiscal year they'd need it.
Given the givens in this business it is weird for them to do this, there were so many tie-ins planned and a reissuing of the HP collection on Blu-ray (no frills version) and of course the HP6 blu-ray which was highly anticipated.
Unless something happened to the master print.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Harry Potter: Delayed but not Forgotten
by Mike Krumboltz

August 20, 2008 01:05:15 PM

Think Harry Potter is over the hill? Think the boy wizard no longer garners fanaticism among his fans? Think again, muggle!

Upon hearing that Warner Bros. would delay the release of the sixth film from November to June, fans turned to the Web to voice their displeasure in ALL CAPS. Warner Bros., eager to keep the herd of angry nerds from storming its gates, quickly responded.

The president of the studio, Alan Horn, released a statement explaining that the decision was not taken lightly, and even pointed out a silver lining. With the sixth film, "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince," pushed back until June, fans won't have to wait as long between it and the seventh (and final) flick, scheduled for a November 2010 release.

As far as silver linings go, this one is stretching it, especially if the last film gets delayed as well. But the fact that a studio president responded to online grumbling is, in and of itself, news.

Various stories focusing on the delay cast a spell over the Buzz, including this cheeky item from Defamer. For anyone who wants to read Mr. Horn's full letter, MovieWeb has a copy of the entire missive. And, for the hardcore Harry worshipers, CNET reports that Scholastic will sponsor an all-day read-a-thon of the boy wizard's first adventure. The event will be broadcast live on the Web on September 23 (barring any delays).
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Harry Potter: Delayed but not Forgotten
by Mike Krumboltz

August 20, 2008 01:05:15 PM

Think Harry Potter is over the hill? Think the boy wizard no longer garners fanaticism among his fans? Think again, muggle!

Upon hearing that Warner Bros. would delay the release of the sixth film from November to June, fans turned to the Web to voice their displeasure in ALL CAPS. Warner Bros., eager to keep the herd of angry nerds from storming its gates, quickly responded.

The president of the studio, Alan Horn, released a statement explaining that the decision was not taken lightly, and even pointed out a silver lining. With the sixth film, "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince," pushed back until June, fans won't have to wait as long between it and the seventh (and final) flick, scheduled for a November 2010 release.

As far as silver linings go, this one is stretching it, especially if the last film gets delayed as well. But the fact that a studio president responded to online grumbling is, in and of itself, news.

Various stories focusing on the delay cast a spell over the Buzz, including this cheeky item from Defamer. For anyone who wants to read Mr. Horn's full letter, MovieWeb has a copy of the entire missive. And, for the hardcore Harry worshipers, CNET reports that Scholastic will sponsor an all-day read-a-thon of the boy wizard's first adventure. The event will be broadcast live on the Web on September 23 (barring any delays).
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

Good news for Eon.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

James wrote:Good news for Eon.
:nukes: :nukes: :nukes: :nukes: :nukes: :nukes:
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Mazer
That doesn't make sense why should they take money to postpone HP? I mean it makes more money for them than anybody could pay them to shelve it?
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

FormerBondFan wrote:

He can take taht silver lining and go to Hell! :cuss:
I'm gald that the studio president felt he needed to respond but this is actually more infuraiting than it was before.
The more they try to explain it the more i feel greed is the prime motivation.
Its sad to me :cry: it is something we used to enjoy and now I have second thoughts about going to any Potter movie. Rent it on dvd for certain maybe even buy but it feel like the Potter fans were taken advantage of one too many times.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I hate those greedy movie studios. :nukes:
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

Eh, look at the bright side. HP7 will come sooner. :wink:
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla