Harry Potter 6 trailer

General Movie Discussions & Reviews
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Re: Harry Potter 6 trailer

Post by stockslivevan »

I found a photo of Alan Horn on a typical day at the office.

FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

stockslivevan wrote:I found a photo of Alan Horn on a typical day at the office.

That's what I describe how greedy movie studios really are.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

stockslivevan wrote:I found a photo of Alan Horn on a typical day at the office.

:lol: he looks like our dentist! :D
Explains why he counting so much green :(
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Dr. No wrote:

:lol: he looks like our dentist! :D
Explains why he counting so much green :(
:nukes:
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

The guy looks like a Bas***d, a real prick who throws a hundred dollar bills on a mountain of cocaine and a hooker who stands next to a charity tables for the mentally challenged. Even worse than the Michael Douglas character in WALL STREET.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Looks like he's greedy as Donald Trump.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

Except Trump rules.

FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Dr. No wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
The president of the studio, Alan Horn, released a statement explaining that the decision was not taken lightly, and even pointed out a silver lining. With the sixth film, "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince," pushed back until June, fans won't have to wait as long between it and the seventh (and final) flick, scheduled for a November 2010 release.

As far as silver linings go, this one is stretching it, especially if the last film gets delayed as well. But the fact that a studio president responded to online grumbling is, in and of itself, news.

Various stories focusing on the delay cast a spell over the Buzz, including this cheeky item from Defamer. For anyone who wants to read Mr. Horn's full letter, MovieWeb has a copy of the entire missive. And, for the hardcore Harry worshipers, CNET reports that Scholastic will sponsor an all-day read-a-thon of the boy wizard's first adventure. The event will be broadcast live on the Web on September 23 (barring any delays).
He can take taht silver lining and go to Hell! :cuss:
I'm gald that the studio president felt he needed to respond but this is actually more infuraiting than it was before.
The more they try to explain it the more i feel greed is the prime motivation.
Its sad to me :cry: it is something we used to enjoy and now I have second thoughts about going to any Potter movie. Rent it on dvd for certain maybe even buy but it feel like the Potter fans were taken advantage of one too many times.
With HP 6 delayed, I'm going find it very hard to watch.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

stockslivevan wrote:Except Trump rules.

My dad once told me that Donald is a crook.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Food for thought

Post by Blowfeld »

Harry Potter movie sequel delayed -- why?
by Zac Bissonnette

Warner Bros. -- a division of Time Warner (NYSE: TWX) -- made the surprising announcement that it's delaying the release of the sixth installment in the Harry Potter saga: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Price.

The release is being pushed back from November 11 of 2008 to July 17 of 2009. Warner Bros. President Alan Horn blamed the writers' strike, saying that "We agreed the best strategy was to move 'Half-Blood Prince' to July, where it perfectly fills the gap for a major tentpole release for mid-summer."

I'm not convinced -- isn't it a little close to the previously scheduled opening for the writers' strike that ended on February 12 to be the reason? Pali Research analyst Rich Greenfield wrote that "We believe TWX is shifting the film to help it achieve earnings expectations in 2008 (moving expensive P & A out of Q4 2008, at the same time that several successful films are set to hit DVD for Warner)."

If that's the case, investors should be concerned. Any time that a company starts messing with its operations in order to improve short-term earnings reports, you have a situation where long-term objectives could be neglected in favor of satisfying Wall Street expectations. In the long run, such a strategy will neither please Wall Street nor set the stage for long-term growth.

Find this story at www.bloggingsstocks.com
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Blowfeld wrote:
Harry Potter movie sequel delayed -- why?
by Zac Bissonnette

Warner Bros. -- a division of Time Warner (NYSE: TWX) -- made the surprising announcement that it's delaying the release of the sixth installment in the Harry Potter saga: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Price.

The release is being pushed back from November 11 of 2008 to July 17 of 2009. Warner Bros. President Alan Horn blamed the writers' strike, saying that "We agreed the best strategy was to move 'Half-Blood Prince' to July, where it perfectly fills the gap for a major tentpole release for mid-summer."

I'm not convinced -- isn't it a little close to the previously scheduled opening for the writers' strike that ended on February 12 to be the reason? Pali Research analyst Rich Greenfield wrote that "We believe TWX is shifting the film to help it achieve earnings expectations in 2008 (moving expensive P & A out of Q4 2008, at the same time that several successful films are set to hit DVD for Warner)."

If that's the case, investors should be concerned. Any time that a company starts messing with its operations in order to improve short-term earnings reports, you have a situation where long-term objectives could be neglected in favor of satisfying Wall Street expectations. In the long run, such a strategy will neither please Wall Street nor set the stage for long-term growth.

Find this story at www.bloggingsstocks.com
so, what?
they moved hp6 because they didn't want the cost of it on the books for 2008? :^o):

i don't think people are buying the writers' strike excuse. didn't they rush production to finish hp before a actors' strike could follow the writers' strike?
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

d**n....those movie studios!!!!
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

Dr. No wrote:Mazer
That doesn't make sense why should they take money to postpone HP? I mean it makes more money for them than anybody could pay them to shelve it?
No Dr. No. that was not what I was saying. It was in reference to a completely different situation in the Home Video market.
I'm sure Sony wishes they could have enough to pay WB to move their movies, Sony studios is in the middle of a very lean year. They have more ridding on Quark than they'd like to let on.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
Harvey Wallbanger
Lieutenant-Commander

Even Nazi leaders are mad at Warner Bros.

Post by Harvey Wallbanger »

Hitler Reacts to the Half Blood Prince Movie [video][/video]
Make them serious nudes!

I fear no evil because I walk with evil.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Hitler is taking it too far. But it was funny.

Hey Harv think you can find a video for me? I would like tofind the vidoe of this jerk/murder suspect on CSI saying CR is his favorite movie during interrogation.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Dr. No wrote:Hitler is taking it too far. But it was funny.
I second that. :lol:
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Anyone seen the latest trailer?
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

FormerBondFan wrote:Anyone seen the latest trailer?
no do you a have link?
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

[video][/video]
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Anyone here seeing Harry Potter 6 this week?