Odd Bond dreams

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Odd Bond dreams

Post by Kristatos »

Funny, last night I had a vaguely Bond-related dream too, about watching a sitcom on TV that starred Timothy Dalton (looking like he did in his Bond days) and the bloke who played Nicholas Lyndhurst's best friend in Goodnight Sweetheart. It was weird.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Dr. No » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:52 pm
had a Bond related beam a few nigths ago.

Timothy Dalton was back, he look young like he did in TLD. Except he wasn't sucking on lemons any more he was having fun wiht it, he took on some of Pierces mannerisms and some of Connery's of course. In my dream it was a new movie and it was interesting. I don't rember the details except for my impression of Dalton
John Drake
Commander
Location: Watching the first twenty James Bond films somewhere...

Post by John Drake »

John Drake » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:53 am
I had a dream a long time ago where I went to see a new Bond film and Bond was being played by Tony Blair. Strange.
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

Thunderpussy » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:14 am
The only Bond related Dream I can remember, Involved me on the jst-ski from "SPY" speeding between the Egyptian pillars which where sticking out of a deep blue sea. It did look beautiful. 8)
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I had a dream the other night that I had just watched Bond 23 in a cinema that closed down before I was born (though the building remained intact until the early '90s). Specifically the Cabot Cinema in Filton, near Bristol, which I had been reading about at this rather wonderful site.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Dreamt last night that I went to see Skyfall (that'll teach me to eat cheese before bedtime!) and there was a trailer for a new EON Bond film starring Sean Connery, the first in an "old Bond" series designed to run in parallel with the main franchise.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Had another Skyfall related dream. I was watching it in the cinema, and the whole thing was just mundane scenes of everyday life. Even the usual Binderesque images in the opening credits were replaced by scenes of Moneypenny (played by Samantha Bond, looking the same as she did during the Brosnan era) going shopping. After 10 minutes, even the projectionist decided he couldn't take any more and shut the film down, promising a full refund to the cinemagoers (who didn't seem that displeased with his decision).
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Dreamt last night that I went to see Skyfall (that'll teach me to eat cheese before bedtime!) and there was a trailer for a new EON Bond film starring Sean Connery, the first in an "old Bond" series designed to run in parallel with the main franchise.
:lol: Surprised they haven't done this already.
............ :007:
commander0077again
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS YOLT GOLDFINGER LALD FYEO GOLDENEYE
Favorite Movies: OUR MAN FLINT THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD/ERROL FLYNN CASABLANCA ZORRO FILMS / TV SHOW

Post by commander0077again »

This dream from a few nights ago, and I thought, well I'll have to go to CraigNotBond to post, so here it is.

It seems I was watching from a distance, and not actually 'in' the dream. There was a medium size swimming pool, the sort villains have, not Olympic-size but fine for fashionable dog paddles and telling girls they swim like men. Well, there was the Brosnan himself, wearing pants, no shoes, but shirtless. He was looking like his best Bondian self, holding in his stomach (I remember the article where he poked fun at himself, doing just that), walking straight and casual, looking to the left and right. I think he was wearing sunglasses. There were other people walking around the pool, but don't recall who they were.
If I could chose a Bond dream, I'd like to dream the OHMSS first ski chase, and hopefully the music would be there, too.
A second choice would be 'rehearsing' a love scene with one of the Bond girls. No, wait, that should be my first choice.... However, those skis and bullets look inviting.....
Hm, a question now: would you rather be chased on skis with bullets flying or in bed with a beautiful Bond girl? It's a hard choice. :gun:
You move very well for a dead man, Mister Bond

Kill him!
Kill Bond! Now!!!
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

I had a dream they were bringing back Pierce in crossover deal. He was not "James bond" he was retired and Craig was "Bond", Bond name and number was a cover alias why that would make sense I have no idea.

Restless in retirement retired 007 Pierce takes jobs working with the embassy, security at diplomatic functions and other odd jobs requiring one who can pass as a gentleman. In my dream the story goes at a party Pierce catches on to something going back to his early days to Thunderball, the "real person" behind it who also has a plan very much in today's world. He (Pierce) plays hunch and it pans out He calls M (Dench) on a secure line, tells her the news, she turns to MP (Samantha Bond) 'For gods sake get him a name and a number! Bring him in!' looking at Daniel for some reason lurking behind her in her office 'Why the hell couldn't you figure it out!'
The muscle bound duffus shrugs his indifference. (Life is pain. c'est la vie)

Opening credits begins. Odd mess of styles.

There was a cool start to the mission Pierce proving he still has the goods and may in fact be better than the youngin who took his job. Basically every Connery movie made after he turned 50 :wink:
(also insinuates Pierce is the real 007 or first maybe, the demarcation of the Classic Bond embodied in Pierce and the nouveau Bond Daniel)

I thought of making it project like our Skyfall unofficial novelization.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
commander0077again
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS YOLT GOLDFINGER LALD FYEO GOLDENEYE
Favorite Movies: OUR MAN FLINT THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD/ERROL FLYNN CASABLANCA ZORRO FILMS / TV SHOW

Post by commander0077again »

W-00-W! That's a really involved Bond dream.... mine only had PB walking around the pool -- no plot, no backstory. You'll have to give us the name of your bartender :cheers:
You move very well for a dead man, Mister Bond

Kill him!
Kill Bond! Now!!!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Had another dream about seeing Skyfall in the cinema. Again, I was struck by how dull it was, and Q was actually a schoolboy in the film. It was like an exaggerated version of everyone's worst fears about what it will be like.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I had my first Skyfall dream! Daniel Craig was dressed in a yellow Hawaiian shirts with matching sun hat and looked a bit like Carl Spacker. The film seemed to be set in the dark in the rain with mot much action. The film ended prematurely after about 40 mins and everyone in the cinema just walker out without complaining.
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Possibly inspired by the US Presidential debates, I had an anxiety dream last night that I was called upon to put the DCINB point of view across in a live televised debate with Daniel Craig himself. It was an anxiety dream because I hate being interviewed (an interview with me on Radio 5 Live back when Wessex Society first launched probably counts as the most humiliating moment of my life) and I hate confrontation. If ever I was introduced to Mr Craig in real life, I would probably talk about anything but Bond. I certainly wouldn't tell him I thought he sucked as Bond.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

My turn to add to the odd dream category.

I had a dream Daniel Craig was coming to stay at our house for a few days. When he got here he was whinny and needy, nothing is ok, everything is wrong. He was complaining about the food and I said well if you acted more like Bond maybe the food would taste better. The whole family was embarrassed. The dream faded away after this.

It mirrors a real wold stress of having a in-law come stay with us over the holidays. But she never complains about anything and is always nice. I doubt Craig would behave like this either in real life. In real life he is a millionaire and if he wanted to stay in a house for a few days he'd buy my neighbors then bulldoze it down when he was ready to leave. I assume he is fond of bulldozers from his movie. :wink:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

You know how the humour sections of bookshops always expand around Christmas time? Well, last night, I dreamt that I went into a WH Smith or whatever and there was a book there by members of this forum. Simply entitled Daniel Craig Is Not Bond!, it followed the template established by the Monty Python books many years ago and copied by pretty much every such book since - a pot-pourri of humorous items parodying Craig's Bond. There was a series running throughout the book called "What if Daniel Craig had starred in...?" where we took the plot of a classic Bond film and rewrote it to add in the adolescent miserabilism and self-importance that typifies the Craig era. A bestseller in the making, I'm sure you'll agree :wink:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Capt. Flandry's Crystal Ball

Post by Kristatos »

I had a dream that you guys all chipped in and bought me a present of a ride on the vintage Lodekka bus kept in the M Shed museum in Bristol. But the bus started careering down a very steep hill. Perhaps the vintage bus symbolises tradition and the steep hill...well, you figure it out!

Incidentally, the connection between Lodekka buses and movies didn't come out of the blue. I was looking at some pictures of old Bristol cinemas on Flickr yesterday and came across this one of the Gaumont in Baldwin Street, featuring a Lodekka in the foreground. I saw several films at the Gaumont as a child, though no Bond films, I don't think. The first Bond film I saw at the cinema was Moonraker, released a year before the Gaumont closed, and I'm pretty sure that was at the Odeon.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Dreamt that I was staying in he same hotel as Daniel Craig and he ended up sitting at my table for breakfast. I made some joke about how seeing as I'm sitting with James Bond, I should probably order scrambled eggs. In real life, I'd be desperately trying to avoid eye contact.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Had a nightmare last night in which I found myself in a parallel universe where Sam Mendes had directed Die Another Day. If you thought Lee Tamahori was bad....
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

My dream was watching Timothy in a made for Television series about a Ian Fleming style writer, the man had ambitions of writing great novels but always ended up writing cheap detective thrillers. If he tried to write a well it became increasingly unreadable as he went, he had a butler whose primary job was to keep him on target writing pulp for his deadline.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer