Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Captain Nash wrote:
Double O's wrote:GE is the best of the Brosna lot-- again-he did not have a good bit to work with during his tenure-so the real sad aspect is that we never got to see what Brosnan could have done with the right film...

Yes, but he did make four films.
If he hasn't found his mark by then, well he never will.
GE is probably his best, which means why did we have to endure three more after that. :P
Brosnan knew what he wanted to do with Bond, and he everything he got done was swimming against the producers current.
TND had major script rewrites as they were making it, how is anyone supposed to work with that. And he did, stealing any moment he could get to build up his Bond.

Losing Cubby cost more than we knew. I think under Cubby Brosnan’s movies would have been better.
paco chaos
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by paco chaos »

i think Goldeneye is the best of Brosnan's films, but i enjoyed DAD, and really liked TND. but I did not like TWINE that much, the scene where Elektra double crosses him and he can't bring himself to kill her, irritated me to no end. plus Denise Richards is one of the all time worst Bond girls.
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

I liked The World Is Not Enough the best. Brosnan was very good in that film. It would have been even better if they'd managed to think of an exciting ending.