James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

I watched some of the Eonised version once and it does make a big difference. GoldenEye would probably seem like a different film with Barry put over Eric Serra's score. On the subject of alt.fan.james-bond, is that unmoderated? There always seems to be all manner of nonsense on there when I take a look.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

James wrote:On the subject of alt.fan.james-bond, is that unmoderated? There always seems to be all manner of nonsense on there when I take a look.
Funny you should say that. :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

James wrote:On the subject of alt.fan.james-bond, is that unmoderated? There always seems to be all manner of nonsense on there when I take a look.
Oh yes. A moderator would have banned the likes of "PorchMonkey4Life" and "Nomen Nescio" a long time ago. That's why I rarely go there these days.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

Don't you just love some of the usernames people have though?
PorchMonkey4Life! :shock:
What the hell does that mean? Why would you want anyone to call you that?
It's bizarre.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Edward Fox is great as M. He's a terrific actor, always liked him. He knew Fleming of course. what does he think of Daniel Craig as Bond. :wink:
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Captain Nash wrote:PorchMonkey4Life! :shock:
"Porch monkey" in the Southern US is an offensive term for a black person. As for your second question, can't help you there, I'm afraid.
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

carl stromberg wrote:Edward Fox is great as M. He's a terrific actor, always liked him. He knew Fleming of course. what does he think of Daniel Craig as Bond. :wink:
Haha! :lol:
Ok Carl. I was waiting for that.

While we are at it, I really love OHMSS, and liked Lazenby as Bond. What did he think of Pierce Brosnan as Bond? :wink:
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Dr. No wrote:
Kristatos wrote:Anyone seen the "Eonised" version of NSNA produced by "Blofeld's Cat"? It is re-edited with a gunbarrel sequence, a music score compiled from the EON Bonds, a Maurice Binder title sequence (taken from Thunderball) and other such touches to make it more Bondian. Sadly, he had to withdraw it due to legal pressures from Kevin McClory. I've seen clips of it and it was very cleverly done.
That would be cool. Is it around any more?
found a copy

http://rapidshare.com/files/26385873/ne ... n.wmv.html

I wasn't sure what I'd think of it, but I like it :)
Since MGM/SONY owns NSNA now (right?), they ought to produce a copy like this call it a directors cut or whatever.

A few lines I like after watching NSNA on Encore last sunday. enjoy :)
Largo: Do you lose as gracefully as you win?
James Bond: I don't know, I've never lost.
Nurse: Mr. Bond, I need a urine sample. If you could fill this beaker for me?
James Bond: From here?
Fatima lands in James arms when she water-skis up the ramp to the bar
Fatima Blush: Oh, how reckless of me. I made you all wet.
James Bond: Yes, but my martini is still dry. My name is James.
Fatima Blush: You know that making love to Fatima was the greatest pleasure of your life.
James Bond: Well, to be perfectly honest, there was this girl in Philadelphia...
Fatima Blush: SHUT UP!
Fatima Blush: Now write this: "The greatest rapture of my life was afforded me on a boat in Nassau by Fatima Blush," and sign it "James Bond, 007."
James Bond: I just remembered. It's against Service policy to give endorsements.
Fatima Blush: WRITE!
adam
Lieutenant

Post by adam »

Kristatos wrote:
"Porch monkey" in the Southern US is an offensive term for a black person. As for your second question, can't help you there, I'm afraid.
NSNA is an interesting Bond film. Connery fans from the 60's were excited that their favourite Bond was making a comeback. Connery looked his 53 years and played a mature but still charming Bond. He beds three women so must have had something. The low budget meant there was a lack of the big action Bond fans were used to. The plot is almost of thin as Connery's thatch and there is a lack of tension in the film. However Kim Basinger, Barbara Carera, Rowen Atkinson & of course Connery keep everything entertaining. Cubby Brocoli obviously knew about NSNA & put a bit more effort into his latest - Octopussy. This resulted in Moore winning the battle of the Bonds in 1983.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

Kristatos wrote:
Nobody watched Clerks 2? I think I know who that username is.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

stockslivevan wrote:Nobody watched Clerks 2?
Haven't even seen the first (and supposedly much better) Clerks movie yet. It's on my ever-expanding list of movies I really must get around to renting one day. Please explain.
saloon singer
New Recruit

Post by saloon singer »

:) NSNA holds special signifigance for me because two friends of mine were on their honeymoon in Nassau at the time it was filmed and worked as
extras. (They're in the shot at the dock where Connery is talking to Atkinson.)
They brought back some personal video and photos of themselves with Connery and Carrera. Otherwise, on paper and in fact, the cast is splendid.
Connery illustrates again that he had the gravitas, charm and humor in addition to the advantage of being the first Bond in the series. Brandauer and Carrera were worthy adversaries.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

Kristatos wrote:
stockslivevan wrote:Nobody watched Clerks 2?
Haven't even seen the first (and supposedly much better) Clerks movie yet. It's on my ever-expanding list of movies I really must get around to renting one day. Please explain.
Well a real slacker who doesn't know Porch Monkey is a racial slur, uses it in front of customers who happen to be black and gets hell for it from the main character while he innocently says "What's wrong with Porch Monkey? My grandmother used to call me that all the time when I was little." Later he wears a shirt that says "Porch Monkey 4 Life".

It's understandable a lot of people have not seen Clerks 2 since Kevin Smith films have relatively been through limited releases; very low budget indie films with Clerks 2 costing 5 million.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

NSNA holds special signifigance for me because two friends of mine were on their honeymoon in Nassau at the time it was filmed and worked as
extras. (They're in the shot at the dock where Connery is talking to Atkinson.)
They brought back some personal video and photos of themselves with Connery and Carrera.
That must have been fun! Rowan Atkinson is mildly comical in this. And Edward Fox makes a great M. Maybe he should replace Dench in Bond 22. :twisted:
Bring back Bond!