NTTD spoiler thread

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

NTTD spoiler thread

Post by Kristatos »

I doubt anyone here would object to spoilers, but just in case, I thought I'd post a separate thread where people could post freely without having to worry about spoiling the film for anyone who may have casually surfed in. Read on at your peril.

Are you sitting comfortably? Then we'll begin.

In particular, I wanted to discuss the revelation that Bond dies at the end, though the film retains the traditional "JAMES BOND WILL RETURN". i have to hold my hand up and admit to being completely wrong about this. I didn't think even EON would be that stupid. I know, fool me once and all that. I don't know if this means that the next film will be yet another reboot, starting up another multi-film arc, but I expect so. Probably best to hold off on the celebrations of the end of Craig's era for now. We might need to change the name to bonddiedin2002.com
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Re: NTTD spoiler thread

Post by Veronica »

Wait... they ACTUALLY did that?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Veronica wrote:Wait... they ACTUALLY did that?
Seems like it, assuming that Reddit thread that BJ posted is accurate. I know anyone can post anything to Reddit, but the post seemed plausible, and other reviews appear to hint at it too.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:49 am I thought I'd post a separate thread where people could post freely without having to worry about spoiling the film for anyone who may have casually surfed in. Read on at your peril.
You are far too kind Kris, if somebody surfs into the forum of a site called Daniel Craig is not Bond an expects not to be spoiled well... :lol:
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Veronica wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:57 pm Wait... they ACTUALLY did that?
Not only does Bond supposedly die but nearly half the cast has time to die!
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

It is correct. There are HINTS of Dr. No but then they pull back on that theme too, just to tease the audience. Other posters on Reddit corroborated it as well. It is a mess and Broccoli killed off not only Bond but what is left of her reputation. Going forward, there will most likely be another reboot with no consideration of continuity again.....BUT.....this time, we all know Bond is dead so who is this new Bond? We are supposed to forget Cr-egg's 5 films, which is not hard, and start anew with Broccoli's newest creation. A real mess of a franchise. This nonsense of children in superhero films and spy films adding to the plot is ridiculous. Brandon Routh's Superman Returns delved into that as well and flopped. This film will NEVER be applauded by the audiences and it is a fitting end to 16 years of wasted time that COULD have been so much more enjoyable to experience! Mission accomplished!
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

In reality the Craig-Bond kicking the bucket is good if bizarre news. His interpretation is done and buried, literally. That means the next actor can't possibly be saddled with continuing the Craig-Bond's baggage ridden era.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:38 pm
Kristatos wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:49 am I thought I'd post a separate thread where people could post freely without having to worry about spoiling the film for anyone who may have casually surfed in. Read on at your peril.
You are far too kind Kris, if somebody surfs into the forum of a site called Daniel Craig is not Bond an expects not to be spoiled well... :lol:
Well, it's actually called Classic Bond Forum, so that could be misunderstood. Or maybe I'm just a nice person.
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

:evil:
Kristatos wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:53 pm
dirtybenny wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:38 pm
Well, it's actually called Classic Bond Forum, so that could be misunderstood. Or maybe I'm just a nice person.
Very true, but should we worry about spoiling a rotten egg? :wink:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

dirtybenny wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:40 pm
Veronica wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:57 pm Wait... they ACTUALLY did that?
Not only does Bond supposedly die but nearly half the cast has time to die!
It sounds like Blake's 7.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I read on some Bond forums that some fans are not going to see it now as Craig's spy character gets it at the end.
Bring back Bond!
derekpayne
Lieutenant

Post by derekpayne »

If that is what does happen i'm almost tempted to go see it, l say almost , as the 2 hours before of DC would be too much to bear. Event for that.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

The longest Bond movie on record,is what I remember reading. Skip the huge soda and popcorn! :D
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

2:43 MP.
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

The press must have been wrong when they said Danny Boyle got the boot because he wanted to kill Bond off. Maybe it was the other way around.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

James wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:49 pm The press must have been wrong when they said Danny Boyle got the boot because he wanted to kill Bond off. Maybe it was the other way around.
Yes, in one of the interviews posted upthread, EON said that it was because his version was "too whimsical". It sounds as if it might actually have been fun (with apologies to EON for using the f-word).
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

James wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:49 pm The press must have been wrong when they said Danny Boyle got the boot because he wanted to kill Bond off. Maybe it was the other way around.
There was an article a few years ago that gave it all way when Boyle quit, it said he didn't want to kill off Bond while EON did, of course I thought it was a typo, because surely EON aren't that ignorant, turns out they are.

Kristatos wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:02 pm Yes, in one of the interviews posted upthread, EON said that it was because his version was "too whimsical". It sounds as if it might actually have been fun (with apologies to EON for using the f-word).
My apologies to Boyle, when he left I thanked the lord we wouldn't be getting another celebrity auteur stuffing Bond with pomp and pretentiousness, boy was I wrong!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote: My apologies to Boyle, when he left I thanked the lord we wouldn't be getting another celebrity auteur stuffing Bond with pomp and pretentiousness, boy was I wrong!
Well, this is the guy who had Bond skydiving with the Queen at the Olympics ceremony. He seems to understand that Bond is supposed to be fun (sorry, I used the f-word again.)

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:48 pm
dirtybenny wrote: My apologies to Boyle, when he left I thanked the lord we wouldn't be getting another celebrity auteur stuffing Bond with pomp and pretentiousness, boy was I wrong!
Well, this is the guy who had Bond skydiving with the Queen at the Olympics ceremony. He seems to understand that Bond is supposed to be fun (sorry, I used the f-word again.)

Yes, it's my fault for lumping him in with the likes of Mendes, if this film bombs hopefully Babs will realize the error of her ways and he'll get another shot.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:58 pm Yes, it's my fault for lumping him in with the likes of Mendes, if this film bombs hopefully Babs will realize the error of her ways and he'll get another shot.
It's not going to bomb, though, unfortunately. Here in the UK, it's already on a par with Avengers: Endgame in terms of advance ticket sales. Unless it falls of a cliff in its second weekend, EON's takeaway will be that this is what the audience wants.