Happy Birthday to Stunt Driver Rémy Julienne

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Happy Birthday to Stunt Driver Rémy Julienne

Post by acid »

:happybd: Happy 88th birthday to Rémy Julienne who was responsible for the amazing car stunts in six James Bond movies from For Your Eyes Only to GoldenEye, often as the stunt driver.

These have some of the most memorable and exciting vehicle stunts. He's been involved in over 1400 movies over the years including the Italian Job.

He often used French cars for his stunts, most notably the yellow Citroën 2CV in FYEO which rolls and shortcuts down the slopes between hairpin bends and the Renault taxi in AVTAK that loses its roof before breaking in half and still Bond continues to drive it!:

[thumbnail]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-BVtissWYKwY/U ... yboard.jpg[/thumbnail]

I always wished he'd carried on driving the half-a-Renault for longer like that as you only see it for a few seconds so I was highly amused when I discovered an earlier movie Rémy drove in, also with a 2CV, with some of the same stunts in a longer sequence:

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]

The movie was a 1982 French comedy called Les Gendarmes et les Gendarmettes.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Re: Happy Birthday to Stunt Driver Rémy Julienne

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Happy Birthday to Remy. :db5:

[video][/video]
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Re: Happy Birthday to Stunt Driver Rémy Julienne

Post by acid »

R.I.P. Rémy Julienne 17 April 1930 – 21 January 2021 :martini:

:db5: :db5: :db5: :db5: :db5: :db5: :db5: :db5: :db5: :db5: :db5: :db5: :db5: :db5: :db5: :db5:
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."