A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

BFI: Seven underrated Bond films

Post by carl stromberg »

Bring back Bond!
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Re: BFI: Seven underrated Bond films

Post by Veronica »

Good list. Although I disagree with the notion that Halle Berry gives stellar support. She was dreadfully irritating.
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

Veronica wrote:Good list. Although I disagree with the notion that Halle Berry gives stellar support. She was dreadfully irritating.
Very much agreed. And of those I still think AVTAK is the most massively underrated of all. They're even a bit harsh on it in that article! I found the fire truck chase a bit pointless and illogical but it's much less silly than the Moonraker Bondola sequence and dare I say it still more fun than most of Craig's chases. The use of the truck's rear wheel steering was kind of cool. I know Roger didn't like the excessive violence but it fits Zorin's psychopathy and is tame compared to, say, LTK. I think Walken's Zorin is one of the strongest of all Moore's villains and I'd even say a bit more realistic than say Drax or Stromberg (Sorry carl :wink: ). We've covered the unfair criticism of Rog's age before.

Oh, the lasers in DAD were just stupid, I thought. If you're going to rip off an old movie, at least do something very different or better with it. Entrapment had the best lasers of all! :mrgreen:
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Isn't the most famous Entrapment scene the one with the lasers and... Zeta Jones' famous body part? :wink:
DAD lasers were indeed very very stupid. But even those didn't irritate me more than Halle Berry.
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

Veronica wrote:Isn't the most famous Entrapment scene the one with the lasers and... Zeta Jones' famous body part? :wink:
Well yes, yes it is. Although I'd say it's a few famous body parts, really. And Catherine is very, very good at it. :D
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]
acid
Commander

Post by acid »

bjmdds wrote:[video][/video]
:up: Lovely! Thanks bj. She'd have made an amazing Bond girl!
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Hate to burst your bubble (see what I did there? :wink: :P ) but if memory serves I believe she used a body double for that scene.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
acid
Commander

Post by acid »

dirtybenny wrote:Hate to burst your bubble (see what I did there? :wink: :P ) but if memory serves I believe she used a body double for that scene.
Dammit benny! The world just became a slightly less amazing place. :?
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Sorry old boy, but I remember it being quite the controversy at the time the film came out, anyway just because it isn't her's doesn't make it any less appealing!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image