LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: Is Bond a Litterbug?

Post by Omega »

Was about to add popping the baboon and not policing the remains in TLD but I think we jumped the shark by taking this too seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

"Popping the baboon" sounds like it ought to be a euphemism for something. Not quite sure what, though.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Is Bond a Litterbug?

Post by Omega »

Does this look like the face of a man who would use a euphemism?
Um, ok maybe it does .
https://flixchatter.files.wordpress.com ... /td013.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-v8RYXb-o_tc/U ... alloon.png

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Ah, you were making a funny by saying "baboon" instead of "balloon". I was genuinely struggling to remember when Bond killed a monkey in TLD. Gibraltar, perhaps?
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

What about smashing up the 7 Up Café?
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Ah, you were making a funny by saying "baboon" instead of "balloon". I was genuinely struggling to remember when Bond killed a monkey in TLD. Gibraltar, perhaps?
the freaking app goes back to correct words, apple software will change whole sentences right before sending a text especially if you use the microphone.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:
Kristatos wrote:Ah, you were making a funny by saying "baboon" instead of "balloon". I was genuinely struggling to remember when Bond killed a monkey in TLD. Gibraltar, perhaps?
the freaking app goes back to correct words, apple software will change whole sentences right before sending a text especially if you use the microphone.

You shouldn't have said anything. I thought it was a joke.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Yours right It's better as a joke but the app keeps pissing me off so I go back to correct a lot of things everywhere I post

acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

acid wrote:
Kristatos wrote:Does throwing the little Thai boy into the river in TMWTGG count?
Probably not Kris, but dropping Sandor could do I think, as he becomes an inanimate object. What a helpful chap! :)
I thought of this thread again more recently. If we're going to allow Sandor then by the same reasoning there are two more instances of littering in the PTS of FYEO where first the helicopter pilot and then Blofeld with his electric wheelchair are dropped by Bond. This assumes that Blofeld did become an inanimate object and also that dropping waste into a chimney qualifies as littering given that it is not entirely outdoors - I suppose it does! :)

Looks like FYEO is quickly becoming one of the most littery outings for Bond! We don't see him removing the climbing gear later in the movie that fell off the cliff face although I suppose in that instance it wasn't his fault.

I think dirtybenny's example of the homing beacon plastic bag in TB must be the winner though!
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Actually that scene is just the opposite, as dropping Blofeld down that chimney is an example of placing trash in it's proper receptacle!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

dirtybenny wrote:Actually that scene is just the opposite, as dropping Blofeld down that chimney is an example of placing trash in it's proper receptacle!
:lol: When you put it like that dirtybenny, I have to agree!
acid
Commander

Post by acid »

Since we've been allowing discarded weapons as litter, Octopussy is quite a littery movie as well it seems. We might count the giant ninja starry sort of weapon that Bond throws carelessly away from the Tuk Tuk as litter although it does become a rather nice exterior decoration for someone's door, so maybe not.

One could spend some time pondering the question of whether all the bank notes Bond scatters on the ground, also from the Tuk Tuk, constitute litter. If they'd been the UK's new plastic notes then they certainly wouldn't biodegrade, but the Rupees probably would, except for the fact it's highly doubtful any would have gone without being picked up by some local opportunist.

This wasn't done by Bond but there's another example of high value littering* when the fake Romanov Star is not only deliberately thrown on the ground but also ground into little bits by General Gogol's foot!

I can't easily think of any other good examples of Bond's allies or villains littering. Can you?

*I've called it "high value" but it was obviously identified as a fake. In a way it was valuable to Kamal Khan. At another point in the movie a real Faberge egg gets smashed. I didn't count that as litter as we don't see the bits being discarded from the work bench.