POLL: Under Siege films better than Craig?

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan

Do you think Under Siege films are superior to Daniel Craig Bond films?

Yes
88%
No
13%
I don't know
No votes

Total votes: 8

Count_Lippe
Agent

POLL: Under Siege films better than Craig?

Post by Count_Lippe »

Under Siege (1992), Under Siege-Dark Territory (1995) and semi-Under Siege film Executive Decision (1996).

commander0077again
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS YOLT GOLDFINGER LALD FYEO GOLDENEYE
Favorite Movies: OUR MAN FLINT THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD/ERROL FLYNN CASABLANCA ZORRO FILMS / TV SHOW

Re: POLL: Under Siege films better than Craig?

Post by commander0077again »

As good, tough straightforward actioner, definitely yes! The Under Siege one and two franchise were far better than the Cragg's - Babs whatdoyoucallthem. USII was a marked decline in originality, but it is still more fun to watch than Daniel No San. But let me comment on the first one:
Steven Seagal surprisingly found himself in a fine action vehicle that had good production values, screenplay, director. It had Tommy Lee Jones, who usually delivers, and this is no exception; Gary Busey also adds his over-the-topness; there is Baywatch babe Elena Eleniak. Who cares if Seagal mishandles his MP-5, or plot holes? Who cares if his kick looks wobbly? He's the ship's cook, and it's a great hook: "What are you, some kind of special forces guy?" "I'm just the cook." And, "No one beats me in my kitchen." It also features one of my favorite M-type characters, the Admiral. Although not British, he has the look of Sir Miles Messervy, flinty, crusty, but still on the side of the hero -- unlike the 'M' of Cragg's. That's the guy you want to send 007 off. Finally, it has the hero saving Hawaii from nuclear missiles, which is much more fun than any plot of the Cragg 'bonds' (lower-case emphasized). Unfortunate that the filmmakers couldn't follow up; but not everyone is a Cubby Broccoli/Harry Saltzman. :cake:
You move very well for a dead man, Mister Bond

Kill him!
Kill Bond! Now!!!
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

commander0077again wrote: It also features one of my favorite M-type characters, the Admiral. Although not British, he has the look of Sir Miles Messervy
I like the admiral too, and the conference room scenes are great as well.

[video][/video]
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

commander0077again wrote:Unfortunate that the filmmakers couldn't follow up; but not everyone is a Cubby Broccoli/Harry Saltzman. :cake:
To me the second film is actually better than the first one, some things were better in the first film but overall I think Under Siege 2 has an edge. The laser equipped satellite is very Bond like, it's like both Diamonds Are Forever and GoldenEye. :lol: I also like that they're on a train, that is also very Bond like, and the scene at the end where the train crashes is impressive. They filmed this using a model train but it looks very authentic.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

I'm more of a Van Damme fan, but as an action movie fan I would rather watch Under Siege / Under Siege 2 / Executive Decision for them being straight up action thrillers over the last 3 Bonds that want to be action thrillers, but at the same time, want desperately to be seen as award worthy dramas.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Under Siege as they are a series of fantastic movies in the "cult action" genre; Craig's Bond series is a reboot that went wrong with a crap Bond actor.

[video][/video]
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Post by ml94 »

ERIKA ELENIAK... 8)
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I don't know about you, but the ship has sailed for Under Siege 3. And I don't want to see a fat Casey Ryback.
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

FormerBondFan wrote:I don't know about you, but the ship has sailed for Under Siege 3. And I don't want to see a fat Casey Ryback.
Stupid comment, we don't long for Under Siege 3 , but it's more fun to talk about something else than to whine about Brosnan or Craig on this forum, in this case three great action movies from the past. At least I think so.

In fact there's no need at all to say how terrible Craig is for the millionth time in the BJMDDS thread.
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

FormerBondFan

FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

[video][/video]
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Attack Force was on tv last night. Always good for a laugh.

[video][/video]
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

To the poster who mentioned us2, I think it was ok (not a patch on the original) however yeah it had a bond like maniac, dangerous world threatening weapon, a train, time limit and all hope on one man, I think at the time I gave us2 too much flak but looking back at it it was great (yeah Segal getting shot in that area and just shrugging it off like nothing was silly but that's just a minor nitpik).

I would like a us3 but Segal would have to look like he did in the role back then (ie no other people doing the fighting, dubbing etc over him), Segal was in his element in the 90s from marked for death, us series and a few more.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

US3 would be like a MadTV Steven Seagal movie.
commander0077again
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS YOLT GOLDFINGER LALD FYEO GOLDENEYE
Favorite Movies: OUR MAN FLINT THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD/ERROL FLYNN CASABLANCA ZORRO FILMS / TV SHOW

Post by commander0077again »

FormerBondFan wrote:US3 would be like a MadTV Steven Seagal movie.
The title could be Under Corset or Under Weight tagline: The New Slim Ryback! or maybe "Watch chef Ryback bake a five-tier wedding cake, and eat it all by himself!" :cake:
You move very well for a dead man, Mister Bond

Kill him!
Kill Bond! Now!!!
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

Here is Seagal in Russia a couple of years ago, apparently he's popular there. Not too bad even though he's older and fatter. :lol:

[video][/video]
TROLLY
Lieutenant

Post by TROLLY »

I'm guessing that I inspired Count Lippe to create this thread?
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

English Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, CR, TB, LALD

Post by English Agent »

I have always liked 'Steven Seagal' movies..........its a shame that he has a reputation as an asshole in the film business.....and his films in the late 90's weren't very successful, mainly due to the fact that he introduced a lot of these eco-friendly themes into his films (in particular in 'Deadly Ground'), when really all his fans wanted, was to see his action sequences.
I do like the Under Siege films.............but there wont be an Under Siege 3 with Seagal starring in it...........if the project ever did materialize.

Since the early 2000's Seagal has made many films as direct to DVD releases...............and in fact i quite enjoy watching most of them! :)